Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he is here until someone offers him exactly what he wants and all up front then he'll run to the hills with his pockets full.

No because as soon as that happens the greed in him will change the deal again

So if he isn't realistically going to sell, then what are those who still attend going to do when (as would inevitably happen) Rafa leaves?

No sale this time must surely mean more concerted action?

Rafa must be the main reason for those still prepared to attend doing so?

Once he foists another Pardewesque appointment, with zero spend on the squad then will the penny finally drop?

The sale this time cannot be overemphasised imo for the whole future of the club.

So if he isn't realistically going to sell, then what are those who still attend going to do when (as would inevitably happen) Rafa leaves?

Once he foists another Pardewesque appointment, with zero spend on the squad then will the penny finally drop?

The sale this time cannot be overemphasised imo for the whole future of the club.

:dontknow:

In Stifler I trust.

So begins the 'is it a negotiating position or is he really not going to sell us' fun time of the summer. I expect maximum amount of belligerent destroying of any chance we have of any positivity this summer

Premier league status is pretty much guaranteed, tv rights have been sorted, if the club is going to be sold everything surely is in place. The worry is obviously more of the same nonsense from Ashley and/or Staveley not being genuine enough.

It's a crucial summer though, no which way about it. The potential is massive, the club is poised to really push on, we're just so used to the same complete nonsense over summers. Rafa pushing the club on with a proper transfer budget versus Ashley orchestrating a complete collapse.

Premier league status is pretty much guaranteed, tv rights have been sorted, if the club is going to be sold everything surely is in place. The worry is obviously more of the same nonsense from Ashley and/or Staveley not being genuine enough.

It's a crucial summer though, no which way about it. The potential is massive, the club is poised to really push on, we're just so used to the same complete nonsense over summers. Rafa pushing the club on with a proper transfer budget versus Ashley orchestrating a complete collapse.

O0 Think that is a bob on summation.

So begins the 'is it a negotiating position or is he really not going to sell us' fun time of the summer. I expect maximum amount of belligerent destroying of any chance we have of any positivity this summer

To be fair to the horrible b******, if he genuinely wants to sell he isn't going to get a better opportunity than this. His gamble with spending has paid off, the manager is working wonders and the fans are all pulling in the same direction. It's only going downhill from here.

If he does want to sell, this summer is the moment. One could argue he's played it perfectly.

To be fair to the horrible b******, if he genuinely wants to sell he isn't going to get a better opportunity than this. His gamble with spending has paid off, the manager is working wonders and the fans are all pulling in the same direction. It's only going downhill from here.

If he does want to sell, this summer is the moment. One could argue he's played it perfectly.

It’s just a shame his asking price is going to be tens of millions more than the actual value.

When did you stop lurking?

Around 26,000 posts ago.

:lol: Riposte.

Not really. The joke's on me if my near ten years of regular posting is less memorable than the decade old thread that started it. :lol:

that was 10 years ago?

That can't have been 10 years ago.

Maybe 4 years ago.

Absolutely, surely he sees that too, if he sticks around the fans and manager will expect (and rightly so) that he invests, something he seems very reluctant to do, so why stick around ?

The worry as always is his greed and ego, will he accept an offer that is reasonable but doesn't meet his expectations however reasonable or unreasonable they are ?