Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Part of me also wonders if he's waiting till a total shit of a buyer comes along who will destroy us even worse just so he can sell to them at a discount price and then say in the press a year later LOOK I WASN'T SO BAD

Part of me also wonders if he's waiting till a total shit of a buyer comes along who will destroy us even worse just so he can sell to them at a discount price and then say in the press a year later LOOK I WASN'T SO BAD

I'm sure he'd take some joy out of selling us to a shitter owner, however it's all about what he can gain from it, so best offer wins. Unfortunately there hasn't been any serious offers to consider.

I'm sure he'd take some joy out of selling us to a shitter owner, however it's all about what he can gain from it, so best offer wins. Unfortunately there hasn't been any serious offers to consider.

Or there has been serious offers BUT he isn't really interested in selling?

Closest we've come is the mess Staveley made last year, but it looked like she was just a tyre kicker with no real interest apart from looking to pick us up on the cheap. Now, i know we want him out, but he's not going to accept an offer that doesn't suit him. I wouldn't accept an offer for a possession that wouldn't suit myself either. If she was serious then they would have found an agreement, found the £50m or so to make the deal happen. They didn't and it was telling for that they tried to use a dirty trick media campaign to force his hand (which failed spectacularly) rather than come back with a better offer, something we'd expect from the current owner. IMO it would have been out of the pan and in to the fire, only with less potential financial backing.

Mind, Staveley may have been hung out to dry by potential backers. Maybe at first she had a few that were worth a fortune and they liked the idea, but for whatever reason they pulled out so she tried to do it on her own. This would be why she couldn't make a second reasonable offer, if so then see the original point; not real offer was made. :(

Guest reefatoon

The amount of "it won't make a difference", brigade on Twitter does my nut.

I’ve avoided reading them for that reason. Bunch of balloon knots. Why do they need to be negative about anything that is against the current regime. Just baffles me.

For me it's simple, either believe Staveley (don't truly know a great deal about her) or Mike Ashley (self confessed liar and we've seen numerous examples of this), I know which I'm going with.

Yes, that's very simple  :lol:

Same was said when we got Ashley in from Shepherd, that worked out well. Then there was anybody but Pardew (in came Carver) 

We need a change, we're desperate, but not desperate enough to have another chancer take control.

Closest we've come is the mess Staveley made last year, but it looked like she was just a tyre kicker with no real interest apart from looking to pick us up on the cheap. Now, i know we want him out, but he's not going to accept an offer that doesn't suit him. I wouldn't accept an offer for a possession that wouldn't suit myself either. If she was serious then they would have found an agreement, found the £50m or so to make the deal happen. They didn't and it was telling for that they tried to use a dirty trick media campaign to force his hand (which failed spectacularly) rather than come back with a better offer, something we'd expect from the current owner. IMO it would have been out of the pan and in to the fire, only with less potential financial backing.

Mind, Staveley may have been hung out to dry by potential backers. Maybe at first she had a few that were worth a fortune and they liked the idea, but for whatever reason they pulled out so she tried to do it on her own. This would be why she couldn't make a second reasonable offer, if so then see the original point; not real offer was made. :(

Staveley met Ashley’s price for the club, Ashley then went and put the price up as soon as we did, and we aren't talking about £50m here, we are talking another £100m, another third of the price.

Staveley has the money to pay that, assuming Ashley wouldn’t put the price up again. However, she has plans for the club which includes about £150m of immediate investment. Around half of that would have been for players. Another half would have been for the training facilities/academy, and stadium improvements. From what I understand it wouldn’t just be training and academy upgrades, but a whole new training ground and academy complex in a new location. The sort of campus that Premier League clubs are building and something that would be for every age group could use. It would also have meant that we would be able to invest a lot more into the woman’s team and included a female academy.

All of this is what Rafa has said is essential to the club long-term, and as I have said it’s what the bigger clubs in the league are doing.

Staveley was nowhere near a tyre kicker, she even went out of her way to bring in the Rueben brothers who own land in Newcastle that is to be developed in order to not only kick-start the development of the club but the city as a whole.

Staveley met Ashley’s price for the club, Ashley then went and put the price up as soon as we did, and we arn’t talking about £50m here, we are talking another £100m, another third of the price.

Staveley has the money to pay that, assuming Ashley wouldn’t put the price up again. However she has plans for the club which includes about £150m of immediate investment. Around half of that would have been for players. Another half would have been for the training facilities/academy, and stadium improvements. From what I understand it wouldn’t just be training and acedemy upgrades, but a whole new training ground and academy complex in a new location. The sort of campus that Premier League clubs are building, and something that would be for every age group could use. It would also have meant that we would be able to invest a lot more into the woman’s team and included a female acedemy.

All of this is what Rafa has said is essential to the club long term, and as I have said it’s what the bigger clubs in the league are doing.

Staveley was nowhere near a tyre kicker, she even went out of her way to being in the Rueben brothers who own land in Newcastle that is to be developed in order to not only kick start the development of the club, but the city as a whole.

:lol:

Give over.

Part of me also wonders if he's waiting till a total s*** of a buyer comes along who will destroy us even worse just so he can sell to them at a discount price and then say in the press a year later LOOK I WASN'T SO BAD

Staveley met Ashley’s price for the club, Ashley then went and put the price up as soon as we did, and we arn’t talking about £50m here, we are talking another £100m, another third of the price.

Staveley has the money to pay that, assuming Ashley wouldn’t put the price up again. However she has plans for the club which includes about £150m of immediate investment. Around half of that would have been for players. Another half would have been for the training facilities/academy, and stadium improvements. From what I understand it wouldn’t just be training and acedemy upgrades, but a whole new training ground and academy complex in a new location. The sort of campus that Premier League clubs are building, and something that would be for every age group could use. It would also have meant that we would be able to invest a lot more into the woman’s team and included a female acedemy.

All of this is what Rafa has said is essential to the club long term, and as I have said it’s what the bigger clubs in the league are doing.

Staveley was nowhere near a tyre kicker, she even went out of her way to being in the Rueben brothers who own land in Newcastle that is to be developed in order to not only kick start the development of the club, but the city as a whole.

:lol:

Give over.

This is basically what George Caulkin said, and he's seen evidence of the bids made. Ashley doesn't want to sell unless at a ridiculous price - hence he put the price up to £400m.

People parroting the "tire kicker" stuff about Staveley absolutely blows my mind. I'm genuinely amazed that people still swallow Ashley's bullshit so easily.

Aye, hard to believe that people believe she's a tyre kicker when Ashley is the sort of guy who puts his house on the market, agree's to sell it, then backs out of the deal the day the new owners are due to move in.