Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

What kind of a mong follows Sports Direct on twitter anyway?

You don't have to follow them, it's more about traffic than followers. Their Customer Service Twitter will be the better one to go with soon imo because they can't ignore people who have customer service requests.

I kinda think Ashley's plan is that when rafa leaves at end of his contract all the players will have had their values massively upped so he can have one last big cash in selling them all, take the money then sell the club.

Guest firetotheworks

Stay on your toes, their current approach seems to be the Prop Joe method of keeping it boring.

Guest chopey

So I wonder what happens now... I mean when will any of these Twitter accounts tweet again... :lol:

Not unless they tweet "Newcastle have once again broken their transfer record this summer and are in full support of Rafa by providing him with every penny the club generates."

What's this putting stuff in a shopping basket thing? Surely that doesn't stop people buying anything, only once you've ordered(?)

Think the idea is that it ties up the stock. SD keeps things in your basket for 24 hours. In theory if a load of people do it at the same time SD could have problems. Dunno for sure tho. Some guy had £50k worth in his basket

The transfer amounts is a little annoying. It's not just about the transfer funds with Rafa. He's asked for the training facilities to be improved as promised to Joe Kinnear, the academy to be improved, the U23s. These are possibly even more important to the club that a small transfer budget. The fact Ashley has no interest in spending in these sections despite the fact it would have no implications on the financial fair play rules shows exactly what interest Ashley has on the club. A few transfers shouldn't change any of this action. As the hashtag says, if Rafa goes, we go.

What's this putting stuff in a shopping basket thing? Surely that doesn't stop people buying anything, only once you've ordered(?)

Think the idea is that it ties up the stock. SD keeps things in your basket for 24 hours. In theory if a load of people do it at the same time SD could have problems. Dunno for sure tho. Some guy had £50k worth in his basket

Seems too easy if that's true.. definitely needs to be done

Since they'll have loads of stock of things, best thing to do would be to book up ALL the stock of a certain item? Ideally something popular.

Guess I'm going to have to break my self-imposed ban on using their website.... :lol:

Since they'll have loads of stock of things, best thing to do would be to book up ALL the stock of a certain item? Ideally something popular.

Guess I'm going to have to break my self-imposed ban on using their website.... :lol:

If true suggest we all go and put 999 of these in our basket.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-newcastle-united-home-shirt-2018-2019-377506?colcode=37750640

Just do it once, then go to basket and change to 999 (max order).