Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They're all uppity as f***. Douglas seems decent crack till someone dares say the chronicle/journal might not always be right and he gets defensive as f*** and will claim they knew everything all the time.  :lol:

I hate Douglas purely on the basis of his shite teasing before games.

How can he expect it not to be in there?  We're going to be in the bottom 3 with only 16 games left by the time any new owner gets a chance to strengthen the squad.  We could even be bottom of the league by then 3 or 4 points adrift the way things are going.  Then a couple more games could go by before they manage to get the right players.  If he hadn't left us in such a state last transfer window we wouldn't have fucked up over half of the season.

We are as good as down if the relegation clause thing is true and if I were PCP I would be standing firm on that one. Ashley won't give in, he's way to stubborn. With every defeat the likelihood of a takeover becomes less and less, if this report is true.

Where did the talk about us only being able to spend £30m for FFP come from yesterday anyway? I can't for one second believe that. So if we'd spent say £20m on a striker and a £10m keeper last summer, we'd not have been able to spend this January? ???

Came from here I think

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/24/rafael-benitez-newcastle-united

It is understood FFP regulations would permit Benítez to invest around £30m in January, although increased income would dictate that Newcastle could be free to spend considerably more next summer

Where did the talk about us only being able to spend £30m for FFP come from yesterday anyway? I can't for one second believe that. So if we'd spent say £20m on a striker and a £10m keeper last summer, we'd not have been able to spend this January? ???

I asked this question in this thread weeks ago as I saw an article stating £30 million, someone else posted this link: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-could-new-newcastle-13841929 where it seems to be around £70-80 million, but as others have said theres ways to spend much more if we have it, although that's getting a bit far ahead of ourselves at this point tbh.