Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

whether Luiz is good enough or not - he would absolutely lift the other players and give the club a boost, as would sturridge.

"Whether Luiz is good enough". :lol: He'd be the best player we've had in about 15 years :lol:

:ben:

whether Luiz is good enough or not - he would absolutely lift the other players and give the club a boost, as would sturridge.

"Whether Luiz is good enough". :lol: He'd be the best player we've had in about 15 years :lol:

What? :ben:

He's certainly good enough for us, more than good enough.  But is he fuck anything like the best player we'd have had for the last 15 years, what a massive load of shit.

Who's been better? Luiz was probably in the top ten best players in the league last season

He's certainly good enough for us, more than good enough.  But is he fuck anything like the best player we'd have had for the last 15 years, what a massive load of shit.

Who's been better? Luiz was probably in the top ten best players in the league last season

I think you're forgetting everyone's favorite husky frenchman.

"Whether Luiz is good enough". [emoji38] He'd be the best player we've had in about 15 years [emoji38]

He's certainly good enough for us, more than good enough.  But is he f*** anything like the best player we'd have had for the last 15 years, what a massive load of s***.

I think you're forgetting everyone's favorite husky frenchman.

Cantona has been retired far too long.

In a dominant side that walked the league aye, he's always been a classy but flawed defender.  As a defender he'd be one of the best we've had for years, but the best player overall that we've had in 15 years?, nah I don't agree.

In a dominant side that walked the league aye, he's always been a classy but flawed defender.  As a defender he'd be one of the best we've had for years, but the best player overall that we've had in 15 years?, nah I don't agree.

I would say Colo at his best is one of the best players we've had in the last 15 years and Luiz is above that. Again, who's been better?

Guest Howaythetoon

Luiz I’m not a fan of when it comes to him being a key payer in a top tier side because of his flaws, but he would easily and comfortably be our best player. He’s a top class player really, but lacks the discipline and perhaps mentality to be anything greater despite his undoubted talent. He’s my kind of player though, takes risks, is good on the ball and looks good when in possession. Not a Rafa player, but he did say he was one of the best defenders in the world if coached right so who knows. I’d doubt Chelsea would let him go and even if they did, there would be many clubs wanting to get him on loan. It’s a ridiculous rumour to be honest perhaps legitimised because Rafa once coached him and obviously rates him. If we get taken over though and money is no object, I wouldn’t say no... if he’s good enough for PSG, Chelsea nd Brazil... howay man, even talking about Luiz to the Toon :lol:

I would say Colo at his best is one of the best players we've had in the last 15 years and Luiz is above that. Again, who's been better?

IMO him and Coloccini are quite similar, I prefer Coloccini in his prime but I admit that might be bias.  Woodgate was probably the best defender I've seen at the club in the last 15 years though .  Anyway like I said we aren't talking just defenders, we've had better players on our books over the last 15 years than Luiz.  That's not to say I wouldn't be very happy to see him here.

IMO him and Coloccini are quite similar, I prefer Coloccini but I admit that might be bias.  Woodgate was a better defender IMO.  Like I said though we aren't talking just defenders, we've had better players on our books over the last 15 years than Luiz IMO.  That's not to say I wouldn't be very happy to see him here.

Name a few

Players on our books better than Luiz in the last 15 years?  Shearer, Solano, Robert, Owen, Cabaye, Ben Arfa

Ok, I'll allow Shearer, Solano and Robert as they were all still very good players at the very start of the timeframe. Owen :lol: Cabaye :lol: Ben Arfa had the talent but overall :lol: Cabaye was a big fish in a small pond as was shown at PSG. Luiz has been a starter for top CL clubs since he first burst onto the scene. You're underrating him massively here based on mistakes he made years ago

I'm gonna try and talk around certain issues peddled in the media as to being an issue or part of the delay or hold up ... so here goes!

SD advertising - this will have been something that will have came up in the very earliest round of talks and would be a factor of valuation for Ashley in that he can say this is how much SD would have to pay for such advertising and therefore this is what you can earn. If Ashley wants SD adverts displayed around SJP for a period of time, this will have actually devalued the club because the new owner would obviously see this as potential lost income/lost revenue.

Ashley conversely could say he would accept a lower price in return for continued advertising for SD.  PCP will know the true value of the SD advertising to SD and this will have all been factored into the purchase price of the club. For me, either way I don't see it as an issue. If Ashley wants to keep SD adverts for a certain time frame, he will pay for it by way of a reduced price for the club. If he doesn't, its leverage to get more money out of PCP. My guess and this is almost all guess work - a compromise.

Other interested parties & deferred payments - I seriously doubt someone who helped broker the Man City buy out and with those kind of connections would be swayed by an option to basically purchase the club on finance. That line of buying method was Ashley's way of basically trying to flush out as many would be buyers as he could. He doesn't care who owns the club, he's just after top dollar. Unfortunately for him there is only one serious buyer and they are cash buyers willing to pay what the club is worth based on due diligence, nothing more, nothing less.

Ashley would rather sell to someone who would give him 400m over 5 years than someone 300m in one go. Such an entity or persons don't exists, however, and if they did, they obviously couldn't afford such a business long term and would be saddled with debt. Hardly a recipe for taking over a PL club.  Basically anyone interested on them terms would have walked away well before now. Simple economics. So its Ashley and PCP. There is no other interested party, those that might have been, didn't even look at the brochure as KK once coined.

Relegation clauses - We do find ourselves in a relegation fight, but for me, Ashley has been looking to sell the club as far back as last January hence the appointment of Barnes and had hoped someone would come in pre Premier League kick-off so he didn't have to sanction a summer transfer spend which he eventually did, albeit on a paupers budget. He wants out, its been obvious for a while now.

No buyers though. Not until Rafa used his own connections to sound out certain people that is, which is when this takeover really kicked in. Its thanks to him we are even talking about this. Through his connections, his reputation and standing in world football. This is where it gets juicy. Pre PL kick-off, we were worth more than we are now.

That's not because we are in the bottom three, its because we were a blank canvas then. Now we are a club who could go down, who needs some significant funding in January. That said, PCP will have known from day one what they were interested in, a newly promoted club which due to lack of funding, would be in a relegation fight and may go down, Rafa or no Rafa, takeover or no takeover. I refuse to believe the hold up or delay is because we are now in the bottom three.

Rafa will have told them from the off that if they were to buy the club, they would be buying a newly promoted team fighting to stay in the PL. The premium of buying us over say any other newly promoted club is that they are buying one of Europe's biggest club's, with a world-class manager, a sold out stadium regarded as one of the best in the league with untapped potential.

They would have factored that into everything. In short, although relegation would be an issue, all it would do it set back whatever plans they have for us, a year at most. If we go down, their investment doesn't suddenly devalue. You have to accept that they are not about making a profit, this is about a project. We go down, sure we lose PL money, but for how long, another year? Parachute payments alone plus injected cash could see us go back up at the first time of asking again. So for me, this is a none issue.

January transfer money - Its been rumoured that the the deal all hinges on the January transfer window, that PCP if they cannot buy the club now, want Ashley to spend some money which they will then repay once bought or if we stay up. Something he may be reluctant to do or may not be enough to help us stay up. Sorry, but that's just bollocks.

They can buy the club in principle and do a whole manner of things. They could loan the club even as Ashley as owner money at zero interest or even sponsor the club in some way. Again these are serious business people with serious money. They are not going to fanny around because of this. If they seriously want us, and a price is agreed which it has to be to get to this stage, they will have factored in all eventualities and the main thing will be releasing enough money to give Rafa the best chance of keeping the club up.

Our position in the table doesn't devalue us or give PCP an advantage or Ashley even. All it does ironically is speed up the process. The quicker this gets done the quicker funds can be released to make sure we do stay up. If that's not possible and Ashley has to release funds, it doesn't have to be out of his own pocket or even the club's. In short this is a bull s*** issue. I as a business owner can lend my own business whatever at whatever rates I like, likewise I can borrow form my business on the same terms. I've done both over the years. I part purchased my home through my business for example.

Getting back to business... we are talking about a 300m pound plus deal, this isn't like buying a car or a house even despite my analogies. This is a huge business that is also governed by certain bodies. That said, the PL and FA do not have any legal jurisdiction over who owns what is first and foremost, a business. A business listed and governed by HMRC, companies house and all business law in this country. As far as the PL and FA are concerned, PCP own NUFC as a business (if the takeover is done). They just won't technically own an English Football League Club operating in the Premier League. Not until they do their so called due diligence and that is where I personally feel we are at....

Good post HTT. Wish I could be as optimistic as you, but it’s a case of once bitten, twice shy as far as I am concerned, until it’s officially announced (or denied).

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm gonna try and talk around certain issues peddled in the media as to being an issue or part of the delay or hold up ... so here goes!

SD advertising - this will have been something that will have came up in the very earliest round of talks and would be a factor of valuation for Ashley in that he can say this is how much SD would have to pay for such advertising and therefore this is what you can earn. If Ashley wants SD adverts displayed around SJP for a period of time, this will have actually devalued the club because the new owner would obviously see this as potential lost income/lost revenue.

Ashley conversely could say he would accept a lower price in return for continued advertising for SD.  PCP will know the true value of the SD advertising to SD and this will have all been factored into the purchase price of the club. For me, either way I don't see it as an issue. If Ashley wants to keep SD adverts for a certain time frame, he will pay for it by way of a reduced price for the club. If he doesn't, its leverage to get more money out of PCP. My guess and this is almost all guess work - a compromise.

Other interested parties & deferred payments - I seriously doubt someone who helped broker the Man City buy out and with those kind of connections would be swayed by an option to basically purchase the club on finance. That line of buying method was Ashley's way of basically trying to flush out as many would be buyers as he could. He doesn't care who owns the club, he's just after top dollar. Unfortunately for him there is only one serious buyer and they are cash buyers willing to pay what the club is worth based on due diligence, nothing more, nothing less.

Ashley would rather sell to someone who would give him 400m over 5 years than someone 300m in one go. Such an entity or persons don't exists, however, and if they did, they obviously couldn't afford such a business long term and would be saddled with debt. Hardly a recipe for taking over a PL club.  Basically anyone interested on them terms would have walked away well before now. Simple economics. So its Ashley and PCP. There is no other interested party, those that might have been, didn't even look at the brochure as KK once coined.

Relegation clauses - We do find ourselves in a relegation fight, but for me, Ashley has been looking to sell the club as far back as last January hence the appointment of Barnes and had hoped someone would come in pre Premier League kick-off so he didn't have to sanction a summer transfer spend which he eventually did, albeit on a paupers budget. He wants out, its been obvious for a while now.

No buyers though. Not until Rafa used his own connections to sound out certain people that is, which is when this takeover really kicked in. Its thanks to him we are even talking about this. Through his connections, his reputation and standing in world football. This is where it gets juicy. Pre PL kick-off, we were worth more than we are now.

That's not because we are in the bottom three, its because we were a blank canvas then. Now we are a club who could go down, who needs some significant funding in January. That said, PCP will have known from day one what they were interested in, a newly promoted club which due to lack of funding, would be in a relegation fight and may go down, Rafa or no Rafa, takeover or no takeover. I refuse to believe the hold up or delay is because we are now in the bottom three.

Rafa will have told them from the off that if they were to buy the club, they would be buying a newly promoted team fighting to stay in the PL. The premium of buying us over say any other newly promoted club is that they are buying one of Europe's biggest club's, with a world-class manager, a sold out stadium regarded as one of the best in the league with untapped potential.

They would have factored that into everything. In short, although relegation would be an issue, all it would do it set back whatever plans they have for us, a year at most. If we go down, their investment doesn't suddenly devalue. You have to accept that they are not about making a profit, this is about a project. We go down, sure we lose PL money, but for how long, another year? Parachute payments alone plus injected cash could see us go back up at the first time of asking again. So for me, this is a none issue.

January transfer money - Its been rumoured that the the deal all hinges on the January transfer window, that PCP if they cannot buy the club now, want Ashley to spend some money which they will then repay once bought or if we stay up. Something he may be reluctant to do or may not be enough to help us stay up. Sorry, but that's just bollocks.

They can buy the club in principle and do a whole manner of things. They could loan the club even as Ashley as owner money at zero interest or even sponsor the club in some way. Again these are serious business people with serious money. They are not going to fanny around because of this. If they seriously want us, and a price is agreed which it has to be to get to this stage, they will have factored in all eventualities and the main thing will be releasing enough money to give Rafa the best chance of keeping the club up.

Our position in the table doesn't devalue us or give PCP an advantage or Ashley even. All it does ironically is speed up the process. The quicker this gets done the quicker funds can be released to make sure we do stay up. If that's not possible and Ashley has to release funds, it doesn't have to be out of his own pocket or even the club's. In short this is a bull s*** issue. I as a business owner can lend my own business whatever at whatever rates I like, likewise I can borrow form my business on the same terms. I've done both over the years. I part purchased my home through my business for example.

Getting back to business... we are talking about a 300m pound plus deal, this isn't like buying a car or a house even despite my analogies. This is a huge business that is also governed by certain bodies. That said, the PL and FA do not have any legal jurisdiction over who owns what is first and foremost, a business. A business listed and governed by HMRC, companies house and all business law in this country. As far as the PL and FA are concerned, PCP own NUFC as a business (if the takeover is done). They just won't technically own an English Football League Club operating in the Premier League. Not until they do their so called due diligence and that is where I personally feel we are at....

Good post HTT. Wish I could be as optimistic as you, but it’s a case of once bitten, twice shy as far as I am concerned, until it’s officially announced (or denied).

It has to happen so you can come to Newcastle to party with us all.

If the club sale was in the process of being ratified by the FA, is there any way in which we would know?

Does it have to be made public or are the FA bound to a non disclosure also.

This deal could be absolutely anywhere down the line, in terms of completion. It's anyone's guess really.

Gut feeling. Evening announcement. if not, thats the last time I'm predicting anything regarding this takeover.

Now that would be a class birthday present.

Happy birthday anyways mate! Lets just hope you get something to remember from it today! O0

Gut feeling. Evening announcement. if not, thats the last time I'm predicting anything regarding this takeover.

Now that would be a class birthday present.

Happy birthday anyways mate! Lets just hope you get something to remember from it today! O0

Cheers. :)

You mean this evening, or just an evening in general?

This. Just because of the sale was intended to be completed before Christmas. Couldn't give a fuck for any other evenings after Christmas. Will just wait for it to happen. It will happen. It's true. It's damn true.

My takeover theory(hope) is as follows:

- The takeover has been agreed, with at most just some minor quibbles over wording of the agreement.

- Stories about major differences between the parties are just part of the game to keep people off the scent.

- We will get in to January without an announcement being made.

- Our first player acquisitions will be made prior to any takeover announcement, but will be strangely ambitious given no announcement.

- Mid-way through January the takeover will be announced, with it being confirmed the announcement was delayed to keep selling clubs from jacking up their prices for a now cashed up NUFC.

- That the reason Rafa is apparently so calm in the face of our current form is he knows and has orchestrated all of this, and he knows what is transfer kitty looks like.

Reckon this is the most plausible theory so far. It's probably in the club's interests for things to be uncertain at the moment, so we don't get rinsed on fees. Even if it's causing us all blood pressure problems. :lol:

I'm firmly of the belief that the next major update will be something official.