Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think people are looking for complicated answers to something that's much more simple.

The consortium became interested when we were about 6th in the league. Since then, the results have slipped and we're a far less enticing prospect. Although PCP may have started off thinking in terms of £250m - £300m, there's no way they can risk that sum now for an asset whose value might slip to £100m (if that).

At the same time, Ashley isn't going to accept a bid of around £100m for a club whose value isn't going to go below that figure and which might easily be worth far more in a few months' time.

The idea that a deal could be struck whereby Ashley would effectively pay back part of the £300m in compensation in the event of relegation is completely unrealistic. He would be bearing the risk of relegation whilst having no say about how much was invested in the transfer window to prevent that happening.

All the signs are that if we stay up, the deal will be back on.

The deal is off man, you don't get to say what Ashley has said and still sit around the table laughing and joking before coming to deal. Before today's statement it was likely that the deal would happen if and when our safety was confirmed, now today's statement has happened then it's over.

I dunno how to feel on price. If we'd stayed up with Rafa 2 seasons ago with some of the player assets we had, reckon 300m should have been the starting postion. But 250m now still feels low for our potential and if we were comfortable mid table reckon they'd have pushed it.... summer window really fcuked us.

He's just such a dick. Why couldn't they have prepared a fucking professional statement?

'We've been in discussions with some potential buyers but unfortunately not managed to reach any agreements. To enable everyone to focus on the important matter of ending the season strongly, we intend to cease further talks with the current bidders for the foreseeable future. The club remains on the market for new talks'.

I just think  its  Ashleys way of saying to  the pcp group . Talking is now over you know my price either  paid it or walk away from it. .

This is how I see it. I do believe he wants to sell, but that is different to the ‘need’ to sell. He has stated his price and PCP won’t match it. It is frustrating to say the least but anybody who has tried buying/selling property, will maybe understand.

Doesn’t mean he isn’t a cunt for all the other shit he had done over the last decade of course.

I think people are looking for complicated answers to something that's much more simple.

The consortium became interested when we were about 6th in the league. Since then, the results have slipped and we're a far less enticing prospect. Although PCP may have started off thinking in terms of £250m - £300m, there's no way they can risk that sum now for an asset whose value might slip to £100m (if that).

At the same time, Ashley isn't going to accept a bid of around £100m for a club whose value isn't going to go below that figure and which might easily be worth far more in a few months' time.

The idea that a deal could be struck whereby Ashley would effectively pay back part of the £300m in compensation in the event of relegation is completely unrealistic. He would be bearing the risk of relegation whilst having no say about how much was invested in the transfer window to prevent that happening.

if we stay up, he'll not sell. tv money will keep rolling in and he'll add another £150m to his asking price.

Those cunts can fuck off as well. I bet they are fucking loving this, been pissing on our chips for fucking years. This will be great for the, that splashed over the front page will increase sales of the Chronicle 25%, and website clicks will skyrocket.

The deal is off man, you don't get to say what Ashley has said and still sit around the table laughing and joking before coming to deal. Before today's statement it was likely that the deal would happen if and when our safety was confirmed, now today's statement has happened then it's over.

There has not been any statement to the effect that the deal will never happen. The comment on Sky Sports was that the deal is off 'for now'.

What I think has changed is that Ashley has realised that it won't happen during this transfer window, for the reasons I've stated, and that therefore the responsibility for making any investments in the squad this January will lie with him. This is what's probably behind the other news item about him giving the go-ahead for three signings.

It was always a bit odd that the real source of money was never reported with any real intent.........'Middle Eastern' money means fuck all in the whole scheme of things.

I'm generally not convinced they'd have been a 'good owner' but ABA.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/any-bidders-newcastle-united-interest-14165126.amp

Articles in Bloomberg and the Daily Mail last week claimed further interest and ChronicleLive has made contact with sources attempting to broker a second bid who insist there is “genuine interest” from a elsewhere and moves are happening behind-the-scenes to formalise that. But they have yet to meet Ashley or undertake due diligence.

What we have ascertained is that another broker has signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement and the group trying to pair investors with the club have recently played a part in the takeover of Barnsley, which was a deal worth between £10million and £20million.

A Newcastle deal would be much, much bigger and suspicion stalks the intentions of anyone talking up their bid. For what it’s worth, those sources say setting out the details of the bid would be contradicting the agreement signed by lawyers but that a bid is a “few weeks off”.

They are not linked to United and laughed off talk of doing PR for Newcastle by encouraging other interest.

They do not anticipate anything happening with any bid before the end of the season – or Ashley taking the club off the market any time soon. Before Staveley’s bid collapsed they told us that they were relaxed about rival interest because they felt Ashley would wait until the TV rights auction and knowing what the club’s divisional status was before agreeing on any deal.

Sources close to the mooted second takeover bid insist that they would be interested even if the club were relegated – and they want Rafa Benitez at the helm.