Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Little Waster

I wonder what the offer would have to be from a potential buyer for Ashley to snap their hands off. We know he keeps upping the price, but there has to be a figure that makes him sit up and think, "Had on a minute, that's a good deal for me."

I think he regrets not selling to the Mansour lot. He's waiting for proper money to be involved.

Wrong ... the only way he sells is via a mass and continued boycott of season tickets / attending matches / buying merch etc and us dropping a couple of divisions . When the club starts costing him serious money - then he'll sell

I wonder what the offer would have to be from a potential buyer for Ashley to snap their hands off. We know he keeps upping the price, but there has to be a figure that makes him sit up and think, "Had on a minute, that's a good deal for me."

I think he regrets not selling to the Mansour lot. He's waiting for proper money to be involved.

Wrong ... the only way he sells is via a mass and continued boycott of season tickets / attending matches / buying merch etc and us dropping a couple of divisions . When the club starts costing him serious money - then he'll sell

This is absolutely the truth he's making money from us it will take what's happened to Sunderland for him to sell and at an absolute low price. once the club starts costing him serious money he'll drop it like a hot potato

no way on earth is he selling while we are a premier league team no matter how much he's hated or length of protests and groups created.

To add to that if we can create problems for Sports Direct then he'll be wanting to sell.

Currently Sports Direct benefits from his ownership, free sponsorship with no drawbacks BUT if we can change that then suddenly he'll have a decision to make and will undoubtedly be under pressure from shareholders to deal with it.

the high street crash needs to fuck sports direct like it has fucked other chains. If that happens then he sells. saying that as long as you have chav dole waller scum they will always be in business that is the demographic they cater for

To add to that if we can create problems for Sports Direct then he'll be wanting to sell.

Currently Sports Direct benefits from his ownership, free sponsorship with no drawbacks BUT if we can change that then suddenly he'll have a decision to make and will undoubtedly be under pressure from shareholders to deal with it.

This.

If his ownership of NUFC starts to have a negative effect on his other businesses (SD in particular), he will offload the club pronto. That's why the pressure through social media and otherwise, must be sustained.

I think the Magpie Group should look to get some decent PR people on board, and that would mean some funding.....I'd definitely stick my hand in my pocket.

This.

If his ownership of NUFC starts to have a negative effect on his other businesses (SD in particular), he will offload the club pronto. That's why the pressure through social media and otherwise, must be sustained.

I think the Magpie Group should look to get some decent PR people on board, and that would mean some funding.....I'd definitely stick my hand in my pocket.

Yeah, I'd happily donate to a group where there is a well organised and professional effort.

For example the guys behind SackPardew were brilliant and that's the kind of thing we need to do.

I wonder how many of the bishop media will write a piece on the how the players are whinging about their bonuses.

I'm going to guess at none.

This gives the players a bit of a slating.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/08/blogs/newcastle-players-in-dispute-with-ashley-over-bonus/

I've just tweeted that cunt kicking off. He doesn't make a salient point in the whole thing. Prick.

Guest chopey

Probably just wishful thinking but I think everything Ashley is doing to the club this summer is done to make us as financially attractive as possible ready for a sale.

Probably just wishful thinking but I think everything Ashley is doing to the club this summer is done to make us as financially attractive as possible ready for a sale.

Makes no sense. There's not a club in top level football that's been fattened up for a takeover and then it happening. They're either taken over when they're on shit street or by people with enough money not to care. Or both at once.

He's a total cunt, there's nothing else to it imo.

Sadly, that's just wishful thinking.

It's being done simply to piss Rafa off.

This.

Yeah, I'd happily donate to a group where there is a well organised and professional effort.

For example the guys behind SackPardew were brilliant and that's the kind of thing we need to do.

Didn't they start a fundraising page not long after it got traction and get bashed to fuck over it so they closed it down? I feel like the SackPardew lot got the same a little bit at the time, too iirc.

This.

Didn't they start a fundraising page not long after it got traction and get bashed to fuck over it so they closed it down? I feel like the SackPardew lot got the same a little bit at the time, too iirc.

Yeah the #IfRafaGoesWeGo did start a donation BUT then decided against after getting some grief, which I think is pathetic.

It's a voluntary donation, no one is forced to give any whilst there are those that see the value in it. As long as any group/organisation is transparent with what they spend the money on I've got no issue with it.

However as we've seen some people just love to complain and find fault in anything, they don't offer anything of value, shame.

This.

Yeah the #IfRafaGoesWeGo did start a donation BUT then decided against after getting some grief, which I think is pathetic.

It's a voluntary donation, no one is forced to give any whilst there are those that see the value in it. As long as any group/organisation is transparent with what they spend the money on I've got no issue with it.

However as we've seen some people just love to complain and find fault in anything, they don't offer anything of value, shame.

:thup: Agreed. I went on there with the intention of donating. They stated what they wanted to use the money for, after that it's up to us to decide if we want to contribute. But I've seen this topic covered on here enough times of people ready to bash the people trying to do something without offering a solution themselves.

I wonder how many of the bishop media will write a piece on the how the players are whinging about their bonuses.

I'm going to guess at none.

This gives the players a bit of a slating.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/08/blogs/newcastle-players-in-dispute-with-ashley-over-bonus/

I've just tweeted that cunt kicking off. He doesn't make a salient point in the whole thing. Prick.

Good, you're quite right about it.

He loves sticking it to the fans, anything to wind us up, genuinely convinced of that now. He also hates anybody who has a bond with the fans and wants even a modicum of control (see Hughton, Keegan, now Benitez) to do their job. Complete control freak who can't bare anybody not being a yes man and dancing to his tune even if in this case it makes perfect football sense and would actually make him money. He also thrives on the apathy of fans in accepting that he might be here for good after s decade of this shit which has worn most down.

Absolute cunt of man who is destroying the club and seemily goads the fans in knowing he can get away with it. I'd love to see the bastard run out of town but just can't see it happening with not enough sustained pressure. Our only hope is the faint glimmer of a takeover.

Quite what he thinks when Benitez leaves, loses value with him gone and likely hurtles towards the championship with some idiot in charge. I guess the fans will be in uproar but he'll probably get off on that. None of it makes sense but then I've just come to the conclusion he's an egomaniac cunt.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Listened to the true faith podcast previewing the new season, and it was far too positive. Kept talking about how much stronger we are than last season. I had to stop listening as it was making me angry. Completely missed the point of our current predicament

Guest firetotheworks

It's always like that whenever I listen to it. It's blatantly genuine, but they always go overboard. It's usually a good listen after a win though.

The PFA are there to look after the interests of players, I don't see why they wouldn't deem it necessary to challenge why NUFC are offering a bonus system of only a quarter of last season and penalising the people they are in place to represent.