Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spurs must have a rich owner who puts his own cash in for no return. That’s the only way clubs can afford anything.

Liverpool made a nice profit for 2016/7 (net spend was close to 0 but made profits of almost 40m), will make a big profit for 17/18 (net spend again 0, but huge profits because of their CL run). Those profits will result in a breaking even when the loss in 18/19 is factored in (net spend so far is 150m), but their revenues have grown so much that it doesn't really matter. They're on such a stable footing financially compared to 5 years ago.

If they weren't intent on winning things, they could easily coast to a Top 4 place this year and make huge profits once again.

You know I was being sarcastic right?

Some bloke around the pool this morning says that's why the fans forum has been postponed and something about the players are unhappy and are meeting Charnley.

Heard the same thing tbh.

:thup: Sam Allardyce likes this

Cruise Flannels used to be a great shop back in the day before Ashley snapped it up.  I went in a while back looking for something,  the shop was a total shit tip with clothing items all over place and laid out like they were just dumped. There seemed to be no care taken or any idea of how to set a shop floor up to sell top clothing brands. 

Gone down hill but that seems to be Ashley's business mantra.  Stack it high flogg it with so called discount.

Baffled why Sky, BBC, BEin Sports pundits, etc continue to criticise Benítez and his tactics while defending Ashley. They literally give this club multi-millions a year for the rights to show the Premier League, yet defend an owner who doesn’t let his club spend said money to ‘entertain’ their audience?

Baffled why Sky, BBC, BEin Sports pundits, etc continue to criticise Benítez and his tactics while defending Ashley. They literally give this club multi-millions a year for the rights to show the Premier League, yet defend an owner who doesn’t let his club spend said money to ‘entertain’ their audience?

It’s very odd. Maybe they want to quell dissent by fans because exposes something that damages ‘the brand’ and there’s little they feel they can about it so better just lie. Best I’ve got, it doesn’t make sense.

They have all bought into the Big 6 clubs idea- all their flagship shows are about how each of them get on/ and the big games against each other- It suits them fine to have 14 none ambitious also rans, to turn up and get howked by the BIG 6 for theirs and their audiences entertainment.

edit- stupid Newcastle fans getting ideas of ambition, and their big crowds, not needed in this cosy arrangement.

They have all bought into the Big 6 clubs idea- all their flagship shows are about how each of them get on/ and the big games against each other- It suits them fine to have 14 none ambitious also rans, to turn up and get howked by the BIG 6 for theirs and their audiences entertainment.

edit- stupid Newcastle fans getting ideas of ambition, and their big crowds, not needed in this cosy arrangement.

Plus chuck in 'we want attacking football Kevin Keegan blah blah blah' 20 years ago and they still keep hitting us with that stick.

Cruise Flannels used to be a great shop back in the day before Ashley snapped it up.  I went in a while back looking for something,  the shop was a total shit tip with clothing items all over place and laid out like they were just dumped. There seemed to be no care taken or any idea of how to set a shop floor up to sell top clothing brands. 

Gone down hill but that seems to be Ashley's business mantra.  Stack it high flogg it with so called discount.

Someone at work was talking to me about the Ashley/HoF situation, and stated he's obviously trying to reach the higher end market to improve his reputation from the cheap tat of Sports Direct. I couldn't do anything but laugh at the idea he'll do anything but drag HoF to his level, rather than the other way around.

What price do people think he'd be willing to sell for, 350-400 upfront? Arsenal just went for 1.4 billion, i know they are a bigger club than us, but 3-4 times as much?

Anyone think there is still a chance of a sale? Pls

Nope. Not a chance in hell.

What price do people think he'd be willing to sell for, 350-400 upfront? Arsenal just went for 1.4 billion, i know they are a bigger club than us, but 3-4 times as much?

Anyone think there is still a chance of a sale? Pls

Nope. Not a chance in hell.

If someone came along and called his bluff he'd probably shit himself. No clue if he'd take it; it's £400m because he thinks no one will pay it. Unfortunately he's probably right. Cunt.

Stick a suitcase full of 400 million pounds on the table infront of him and im sure he'd be money moist. 

Dont turn your back for a second tho, he'll trouser the lot before you turn back to him.