Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see HF has been on Twitter theorising that Ashley has dropped the price because he's trousered the excess cash from the summer to take back most of the debt. At the very least it will rile up the masses.

Could be 18 months before we find out though possibly? If he did it after June 30th then it won’t show in the next set of accounts due in March(ish) 2019. We’ll have to wait until the following set in 2020. Is that right?

I see HF has been on Twitter theorising that Ashley has dropped the price because he's trousered the excess cash from the summer to take back most of the debt. At the very least it will rile up the masses.

Could be 18 months before we find out though possibly? If he did it after June 30th then it won’t show in the next set of accounts due in March(ish) 2019. We’ll have to wait until the following set in 2020. Is that right?

Yes it'll be 2020 if it was outside last year's accounts which it probably will be. If it is true then hopefully he won't be here when those land and no one will give a shit.

https://www.egi.co.uk/news/billionaire-mike-ashleys-next-venture-is-luxury-flats-project-in-chelsea/?region=news-region-wales

Mike Ashley, the boss of Sports Direct, is set to turn his hand to becoming a luxury property developer in one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods.

A luxury residential scheme in Chelsea, backed by Ashley, has moved a step closer to being developed. The Times has learnt that JLL, a property consultant, has been appointed to advise on all options for the site, known as the Clearings on Draycott Avenue.

This could include running a process to find a high-class developer to build the 78 luxury-flat scheme in a joint venture.

Yes it'll be 2020 if it was outside last year's accounts which it probably will be. If it is true then hopefully he won't be here when those land and no one will give a shit.

Maybe not, a significant loan repayment may need to be disclosed as a post balance sheet event.

Not definitely the case, but a possibility

Guest Howaythetoon

Who is HF?

HOUSE of FRAZER

Who is HF?

I'm assuming Happy Face

Who is HF?

I'm assuming Happy Face

Anyone got a link to it?

Who is HF?

I'm assuming Happy Face

Anyone got a link to it?

Yes, sorry, I did mean Happy Face.

Check out @bigchrisholt’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1042318975772835840?s=09

:thup:

Not a chance we've made £100m profit since October like.  No doubt there's significant profit though, just nowhere near £100m.

20 odd million in transfer surplus. tv revenue of about 130 million and general club revenue (match day, season tickets, corporate, sponsorship) must be at least 15-30 million?

So let’s just say 160 million or there abouts. Offset wages for the season, probably about 120 million.

So yes you’re right. There might be about 40 million in profit so the notion that he’s taken the money out directly to pay off the loan doesn’t stack up, unfortunately.

It’ll be bull-shit no doubt but rumours that New York Cosmos chief Rocco Commissio is heading a consortium to buy the fat wanker out with ex-Liverpool Chief executive Ricky Parry replacing Lee Charnley...........we can hope I suppose!

It’ll be bull-shit no doubt but rumours that New York Cosmos chief Rocco Commissio is heading a consortium to buy the fat wanker out with ex-Liverpool Chief executive Ricky Parry replacing Lee Charnley...........we can hope I suppose!

Just don't :lol:

It was some random one off poster on NUFCBLOG.com and absolutely nothing in it whatsoever.

“In the fallout of the Liverpool FC takeover by the American consortium run by Hicks and Gillett, Parry's role as CEO was questioned by some sections of Liverpool support who considered that the club was not aggressive enough in the transfer market nor transparent enough in its support of the manager Rafa Benitez (even though Parry played a pivotal role employing Benitez as Liverpool manager). As fans' high expectations for success continued to fail to be realised, his role at the club came under close scrutiny.“

Good start. :lol:

https://www.egi.co.uk/news/billionaire-mike-ashleys-next-venture-is-luxury-flats-project-in-chelsea/?region=news-region-wales

Mike Ashley, the boss of Sports Direct, is set to turn his hand to becoming a luxury property developer in one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods.

A luxury residential scheme in Chelsea, backed by Ashley, has moved a step closer to being developed. The Times has learnt that JLL, a property consultant, has been appointed to advise on all options for the site, known as the Clearings on Draycott Avenue.

This could include running a process to find a high-class developer to build the 78 luxury-flat scheme in a joint venture.

Hope he gets involved with some dodgy Russians and gets Novichoked to hell.

Ashley does not do luxury.

They'll be container creates plastered in SD stickers.