Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The piece from the Gazette reeks of Keith Bishop and like others, I don't believe it at all. What it does show is that the protests are working. This is why the likes of The Magpie Group and AshleyOut must keep fighting on. :)

Aye it's the make us back off, total made up PR bollocks.

Best case, it's PR to attract a buyer back.

Hopefully but as Gimp said, he can just pick up the phone. But we can have that little bit of hope it's the beginning of the end game.

300M asking price + loan 127M + he wants to keep his advertisments rights. "sure" he wants to sell...

+ Taking on an active HMRC Enquiry and the associated liability and legal costs

+ A creaking infrastructure crying out for investment.

You're still asking north of £500m in reality.

That's not 'up for sale', that's taking the piss.

The club's been up for sale since Dennis Wise was still here, remember him and Ashley going on the piss in Dubai instead of meeting some Sheikhs to discuss a sale?

His PR team have been spinning the same rubbish for years now, if he really wanted to sell he'd have fucked off years ago.

I can't see him selling because he needs the money, it'll be if he's had enough of owning us, which we can accelerate hopefully with the relentless attacking of his businesses, business partners and everyone and anything else associated with him. Peacefully of course.

Guest Howaythetoon

Think we are reaching end game with Ashley.  HoF is going to be his undoing and he'll need to dispose of us.

His entire business portfolio is built around SD and relies on its success. NUFC is a big part of keeping SD at the top if you like. We are just the tail, SD is the head. We need to chop the head off and target SD because if that starts to fail, he is finished and so are any other ventures he is involved in. Except for us, because there are 53k people who will keep turning up and a whole city who will never stop supporting their club and keeping it solvent.

Guest neesy111

Think we are reaching end game with Ashley.  HoF is going to be his undoing and he'll need to dispose of us.

His entire business portfolio is built around SD and relies on its success. NUFC is a big part of keeping SD at the top if you like. We are just the tail, SD is the head. We need to chop the head off and target SD because if that starts to fail, he is finished and so are any other ventures he is involved in. Except for us, because there are 53k people who will keep turning up and a whole city who will never stop supporting their club and keeping it solvent.

Unless he sells his SD shares, we are an asset which he can gain some very quick liquidity from.  HoF is going to require some major cashflow and injections from Ashley by the sounds of it. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Unless he sells his SD shares, we are an asset which he can gain some very quick liquidity from.  HoF is going to require some major cashflow and injections from Ashley by the sounds of it. 

HOF doesn’t make sense to me, people have said he will just put his tat into their shops, but why go to all that expense to buy a business just for some shop floor space when he could just buy or rent more shops for his tat to sell. I think his ego and his delusion drove him to purchase it, that and such a cheap knock down price which allies to his gambling nature. He’s took a punt in it.

I do think it will prove to bight him back on the arse though and could well lead to his downfall. He is nit this Greta businessman or tycoon, he has demonstrated with NUFC alone he cannot takeover a brand and turn it into somethimh bigger, the opposite infact.

His real challenge lies on the high street with SD and keeping investors investing. Unless he wants shares to devalue so he can buy them all back or as many as he can...

Back to NUFC. His takeover of us doesn’t make any sense either nor does how he runs the club. Yes it benefits SD, but it is a failure nontheless and continues to be like a dark cloud over him publically which will always adversely effect his business life and dealings which would be relegated, given he likes that, back to the FT and the courtroom or AGMs were he to get rid of NUFC.

I do hope he is heading for a spectacular fall, a bit of karma would be nice.

HOF doesn’t make sense to me, people have said he will just put his tat into their shops, but why go to all that expense to buy a business just for some shop floor space when he could just buy or rent more shops for his tat to sell. I think his ego and his delusion drove him to purchase it, that and such a cheap knock down price which allies to his gambling nature. He’s took a punt in it.

I do think it will prove to bight him back on the arse though and could well lead to his downfall. He is nit this Greta businessman or tycoon, he has demonstrated with NUFC alone he cannot takeover a brand and turn it into somethimh bigger, the opposite infact.

His real challenge lies on the high street with SD and keeping investors investing. Unless he wants shares to devalue so he can buy them all back or as many as he can...

Back to NUFC. His takeover of us doesn’t make any sense either nor does how he runs the club. Yes it benefits SD, but it is a failure nontheless and continues to be like a dark cloud over him publically which will always adversely effect his business life and dealings which would be relegated, given he likes that, back to the FT and the courtroom or AGMs were he to get rid of NUFC.

I do hope he is heading for a spectacular fall, a bit of karma would be nice.

I reckon the value of stock within the HOF stores is probably worth more than he paid for the whole chain.  Assuming the stock has already been purchased outright and isn't on sale or return he could, in theory, close down HOF and move all of the remaining stock to Flannels, SD and USC couldn't he?

Isn't all of HoF concessions of other brands? Or pretty much all.

I don't know how ownership of stock, employment of staff etc works in those situations.

From what I understand is that all the staff are employed by the likes of HOF but will only deal with 1 section or 1 brand. They will go on training courses with the brand they deal with in order to keep up to date with them and their practices.

Companies will pay to have a concession (area) of the store where only their stock is, they will often have audits to oversee that these are maintained and presented correctly and the staff remain in line with their policies. As for stock ownership, some companies will have deals where they buy the stock and sell it on, some will have a deal where they sell the stock on behalf of the brands and will give them a percentage of the sale/profit.

Isn't all of HoF concessions of other brands? Or pretty much all.

I don't know how ownership of stock, employment of staff etc works in those situations.

From what I understand is that all the staff are employed by the likes of HOF but will go deal with 1 section or 1 brand. They will go on training courses with the brand they deal with in order to keep up to date with them and their practices.

Companies will pay to have a concession (area) of the store where only their stock is, they will often have audits to oversee that these are maintained and presented correctly and the staff remain in line with their policies. As for stock ownership, some companies will have deals where they buy the stock and sell it on, some will have a deal where they sell the stock on behalf of the brands and will give them a percentage of the sale/profit.

Interesting cheers :thup:

https://www.drapersonline.com/news/exclusive-supplier-to-cut-jobs-amid-hof-fallout/7032205.article

erwin & Berwin, a men’s tailoring supplier that is part of Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, has entered into a consultation period with a number of employees at its Leeds site, after it failed to reach an agreement with House of Fraser’s new owner Sports Direct over future trading terms.

https://www.drapersonline.com/news/brands-pull-stock-from-house-of-fraser/7031686.article

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/08/mike-ashleys-plans-make-hof-harrods-high-street-slated-industry/

https://www.drapersonline.com/news/exclusive-supplier-to-cut-jobs-amid-hof-fallout/7032205.article

erwin & Berwin, a men’s tailoring supplier that is part of Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, has entered into a consultation period with a number of employees at its Leeds site, after it failed to reach an agreement with House of Fraser’s new owner Sports Direct over future trading terms.

https://www.drapersonline.com/news/brands-pull-stock-from-house-of-fraser/7031686.article

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/08/mike-ashleys-plans-make-hof-harrods-high-street-slated-industry/

Mike Ashley loves saving peoples jobs. :thup: