Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Hyypia situation is somehow even worse, I knew he wanted him, but the first time I've seen it detailed :

The time, for example, Keegan wanted to sign Sami Hyypiä from Liverpool, a player Benítez will know well. Newcastle’s directors arranged a 9pm conference call with Keegan to discuss that one and agreed to put in a £2m offer. Then, once the manager had rung off, another conference call was arranged for 9.30pm, this time without Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez or any of the others letting him know. On the second call they agreed to make it £1m instead, and keep it from Keegan, almost certainly knowing a bid that derisory would be turned down. When Stoke put in a £2.5m offer Newcastle’s unofficial records – a notebook with “This Belongs to Mr Wise” scrawled in pen on the front and described by a barrister in Keegan’s tribunal as “like a child’s exercise book” – covered that development with the words: “Problem solved.”

Imagine going on TV and trying to defend yourself when those were your actions

I'd love that little lickspittle to dare go on a call in show. Says it all he only dares go on the likes of SSN where he can spout premeditated bollocks that he knows he won't get pulled up on.

Guest Howaythetoon

That sums up Mike Ashley’s NUFC. This is why Ashley has to go because this is the level of incompetence running through every aspect of our club other than Rafa and his backroom team and that’s because you get what you pay for and Ashley pays fuck all. But also because no-one with any level of competence would work in such a sham operation so it’s two-fold. Won’t pay, can’t attract. What possessed Rafa to choose NUFC to come and manage boggles the mind. He is a man of the highest level of competence and demands everyone he works with to be competent too, if not of his level, a level he can work with and help raise.

Think of Dennis Wise for a moment and that outrageous segment from KK’s book and just remind yourself that most of the people NUFC employ are the Dennis Wise of their position and that segment from KK’s book could be about any aspect of our club.

It’s no good having Rafa Benitez when Charnley is the idiot negotiating with agents, or Bishop the idiot in charge of press releases that gave us the Carver-Colo cringe letter or idiots like Beardsley in charge of the development team. It’s no good having a stadium that holds 53k people if the facilities are shit or a training ground whose gym equipment wouldn’t even sell in a second hand shop.

Ashley could well give Rafa a bit more money to spend, he may allow him to spend his budget how he please, be it on one player or a 35 year old. He may well spend some money on a new training pitch or some extra dumbbells. But when the only man with any degree of football know how and competence in the entire club is the manager and his tiny backroom staff, your not gonna get very far.

Lewis Hamilton is a great driver, but he couldn’t win a race in a Fiat 500 backed up with a box of spanners and some bloke called Barry and his mates from the pub who watch Top Gear as his pit stop team.

That’s what Rafa has to work with.

The Hyypia situation is somehow even worse, I knew he wanted him, but the first time I've seen it detailed :

The time, for example, Keegan wanted to sign Sami Hyypiä from Liverpool, a player Benítez will know well. Newcastle’s directors arranged a 9pm conference call with Keegan to discuss that one and agreed to put in a £2m offer. Then, once the manager had rung off, another conference call was arranged for 9.30pm, this time without Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez or any of the others letting him know. On the second call they agreed to make it £1m instead, and keep it from Keegan, almost certainly knowing a bid that derisory would be turned down. When Stoke put in a £2.5m offer Newcastle’s unofficial records – a notebook with “This Belongs to Mr Wise” scrawled in pen on the front and described by a barrister in Keegan’s tribunal as “like a child’s exercise book” – covered that development with the words: “Problem solved.”

:spit:

Jesus wept.

It's important to note that this all happened before Ashley fell out with the fans.

He had decided to run the club like a c*nt before anything negative happened.

His intention was to always run it like this, he just wanted a front man like KK to act as a mouth piece so he rob the club on the sly.

Does anyone know how much money we used to get for stadium advertising per season, before those grotesque SD boards were plastered all over SJP?

Trying to gauge how much income we've lost in 11 years.....

Does anyone know how much money we used to get for stadium advertising per season, before those grotesque SD boards were plastered all over SJP?

I think the previous finances are kicking about somewhere, we used to sign some great deals.

I think the previous finances are kicking about somewhere, we used to sign some great deals.

Would love to know how much we’ve lost in those 11 years

It was never separately broken out so the only real way to have a decent estimate would be from someone in sports advertising. Have tried searching online for comparables to no avail.

I imagine all the real money is in the boards featured on camera. The rest don't get that much exposure. in the 90s a lot of the stuff further up was given to the various 'club partners' like Mill Rover, The Chronicle, Metro Radio as part of other deals.

Just looked at financial accounts for 2008 and 2017 - as was noted above - can't really pinpoint the advertising element, but its still very fascinating:

Matchday      - 33.5m

Media          - 25.8m

Commercial  - 27.6m

Matchday      - 32.3m

Media          - 41.1m

Commercial  - 25.8m

Matchday      - 23.4m

Media          - 72.7m

Commercial  - 25.1m

Matchday      - 24.6m

Media          - 47.4m

Commercial  - 12.1m

2008 vs 2016 is a great comparison - shows how much we have fallen back (matchday and commercial - ideally is 2016 it should have doubled if the club was run properly)

So, what is the reason for his recent appearances and "hands on approach"?

Shitting himself about relegation?

Showing the fans that shout at him who's boss?

Trying to tell Rafa that he isn't doing a good enough job? Despite bringing it on himself with constant neglect and lack of funds.

Sending out the pen and badges screamed of "please don't stop attending".

I think he is definitely rattled, but is trying to pretend otherwise with these sudden appearances.

Trying to tell Rafa that he isn't doing a good enough job? Despite bringing it on himself with constant neglect and lack of funds.

I think he is definitely rattled, but is trying to pretend otherwise with these sudden appearances.

Yep. Definitely. Lies aren't working. Media placation isn't working. So double down on being a cunt it will delegitimise protest action.

I don't think it's anything other than a Bishop PR excercise to try and get a bit of good publicity for Ashley....the meal, the sudden reapperance at games......he can't be accused of being the absent owner anymore.

It proves beyond any doubt that the protests and the negative publicity against him is definitely working, time to take it up to the next level

I don't think it's anything other than a Bishop PR excercise to try and get a bit of good publicity for Ashley....the meal, the sudden reapperance at games......he can't be accused of being the absent owner anymore.

It proves beyond any doubt that the protests and the negative publicity against him is definitely working, time to take it up to the next level

Are there levels of escalation here?

https://ashleyout.com/finances/commercial-revenue/

About 25m per year according to that, for all commercial income combined.

Plus that figure should be increasing year-on-year if the club was being ran properly.

The amount he's taken for Sports Direct is probably equal to the clubs 'debt' to him, its a fucking joke.