Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So he's offered to take them on holiday if they stay up?! He should have threatened it if they went down!

Surely, he's got that the wrong way around. The thick plank.

The players will be absolutely desperate to drop down a division now and avoid having to spend time on the beach with that fat mess.

Unpopular opinion alert. Always find it bizarre where fans can lambast players, managers, chairman and the like, call them every name under the sun and throw anything at them verbally or literally (in some cases cabbages), yet if any of these people do the slightest thing back, the fans go up like it’s the crime of the century.

I don’t care if he swore at a fan a journo or whatever. I care about the fact he’s running the club into the ground and doesn’t give a fuck. This strikes me as another huge case of misdirection. Everyone is so concerned about the lack of respect he showed by sticking two fingers up, it’s overshadowing the years of lack of respect he’s clearly had by the decisions he’s made at the club.

I’d probably have more respect for him if he’d clearly stuck his finger up and told the fan to piss off for shoving a camera phone in his face.

It's one more chip in the veneer.

Is anyone really offended by the gesture? ??? At surface level, fans need to kick up a stink about any form of public misdemeanour he does, because it's potentially damaging to him... which is ultimately a positive when the goal is to remove him from the club. It's a PR brainfart from his point of view: so if people wanna exploit that then they should boot off about it being disrespectful, if they feel like it. Fucking go for it. Everyone knows it's not the actual point, of course his general mistreatment is more insulting.

Unpopular opinion alert. Always find it bizarre where fans can lambast players, managers, chairman and the like, call them every name under the sun and throw anything at them verbally or literally (in some cases cabbages), yet if any of these people do the slightest thing back, the fans go up like it’s the crime of the century.

I don’t care if he swore at a fan a journo or whatever. I care about the fact he’s running the club into the ground and doesn’t give a fuck. This strikes me as another huge case of misdirection. Everyone is so concerned about the lack of respect he showed by sticking two fingers up, it’s overshadowing the years of lack of respect he’s clearly had by the decisions he’s made at the club.

I’d probably have more respect for him if he’d clearly stuck his finger up and told the fan to piss off for shoving a camera phone in his face.

The only reason that people were there protesting in the first place, is for the reasons you've listed. I was there last night and I wasn't offended by it at all....I found it hilarious that he had to get approx 10 Police Officers there and 2 security goons to walk him the 2 yards from the front door to his taxi.....and the best he could manage was that pathetic effort, the spineless cunt. His reaction last night, and his subsequent statement prove he is/was genuinely rattled, ramp this up and I genuinely think he will crack.

Saw you on  the pic on Tyne Tees news, Bingo. Well done you and the others. :)

The fact that he's threatening legal action because he's been accused of sticking two fingers up at fans tells you everything you need to know. The same man went radio silent when the same media outlets had documented his blatant disregard and contempt for Newcastle United with no legal action mentioned at all

The football section on this site now is not a very nice place any more. Any difference in views or slight disagreement with the Ashley out big bollocks twats leads to abuse and people questioning why you are a fan if you do this or think this etc.

My earlier comment about him not flicking the v sign ok I didn’t realise it was a fans phone which makes it more likely, while maybe not the correct view is not really that outlandish and didn’t deserve derision off the board.

People thinking it’s some kind of right of path to have to make effort in protesting in order to be taken seriously with your views or be massively active in a fan group etc is not right.

And just because people attend the games doesn’t mean that they are not anti Ashley either

I live 200 miles away from Newcastle Work nearly every damn hour and agree and appreciate all the hard work that is done by people to maintain and push the Ashley out view, just because I visit the games doesn’t change that view, it’s often just a chance to get together with family and I still enjoy a good performance and a win even though I hate the owners,

This arguing and ridiculisation/ derision of fellow fans and showing of cock size by how many websites I’ve down voted Ashley on / protest events I’ve been to etc. Needs to stop as it makes us all look like a pack of cunts

You have a pussy not a cock and you serve Ashley.

Are you for fucking real?

Ashley and the club are 2 different entities to live or hate.

Sorry, but they're not like. I get that there's the idea of what the club is and then there's Ashley, and yes they're separate, but outside of that the actual NUFC and Ashley are absolutely one and the same. You can tell yourself that you're paying money to the club, but you're wrong, you're paying Ashley. Even the club shop is now a Sports Direct.

they’re not; they are; they’re not. Confusing.

some of views in the comments sections on the chronicle stories - ffs, there's honestly people sticking up for the fat cunt.

That's the general feeling amongst our "fans" away from this board though. I was arguing with my dad the other night as he was defending him and I haven't spoke to him since, got mates who don't mind him who keep going too. The majority are like that. It's only on here that the majority get it

Guest firetotheworks

Ashley and the club are 2 different entities to live or hate.

Sorry, but they're not like. I get that there's the idea of what the club is and then there's Ashley, and yes they're separate, but outside of that the actual NUFC and Ashley are absolutely one and the same. You can tell yourself that you're paying money to the club, but you're wrong, you're paying Ashley. Even the club shop is now a Sports Direct.

they’re not; they are; they’re not. Confusing.

Idea of the club vs the club in reality. Two different things.

He could have paid of a high end private chef to cook for them at SJP and not be disturbed, instead he went for the cheap option to parade himself about infront of the cameras but ended up making a total arse of himself.  :lol: :lol:

He is small time pathetic little man.