Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh no, it's definitely f***ed then

Probably.

Let's face it, we've been here before.

Can you say anything about the amount of the bid?

No amounts were mentioned, but all the due dilligence/data room stuff has been done. A bid has been made, with certain issues raised, but people are waiting to act on it.

Heard some pretty interesting stuff tonight with regards the takeover.....Without going into detail, barring a few minor issues, everything is done and the only thing they're waiting for is Ashley.

Same as it ever was.

Waiting for him in terms of sanctioning it? Or is the bid below £300m? Or other scrupulous details of it like SD advertising?

I know you're only posting what you know and you're not some sort of oracle, sorry if it appears like I'm bombarding you with questions. :lol:

I want an ever running takeover thread in this forum, stickied, so that every few weeks we get a poster who has some juicy new ITK “info.” It’ll be like our own rumours section you get in the tabloids, filled with stories about celebs which they totally do not make up.

It’ll be interesting to see what the fat fuck does if he blows this or has just fabricated it all. Rafa isn’t going to stay so what’s he going to do? If it’s more of the same in january it’ll virtually confirm Rafas departure (if he isn’t already off) God even those most passive fans might be stirred into action if there’s obviously no takeover or signings in januray.

Rafa will leave if nothing changes and in the Magpie group we have a lot of fans group under one umbrella.

Change can happen we just need to capitalise at the right time.

Hopefully the Magpie group can expand its activities and consider looking for potential future owners as we will need someone wealthy to meet his asking price.

When this all goes tits up after the end of the transfer window Rafa will do everyone a favour by fucking off because his presence stifles the protests

When this all goes tits up after the end of the transfer window Rafa will do everyone a favour by fucking off because his presence stifles the protests

I'm not even sure it'll make a difference to some of the zombies.  They'll probably think it's even more reason to SUPPORT THE TEEEEEEM because god knows we'll need a miracle when Rafa leaves and the squad still isn't invested in.

Probably.

No amounts were mentioned, but all the due dilligence/data room stuff has been done. A bid has been made, with certain issues raised, but people are waiting to act on it.

Thanks mate.

As you say though, we’ve been here before. The man-child will hoy his toys out the pram if he doesn’t get exactly what he wants.

Probably.

Thanks mate.

As you say though, we’ve been here before. The man-child will hoy his toys out the pram if he doesn’t get exactly what he wants.

If they bid £300m for us I don’t think he’ll turn it away this time. Anything below that and we know what the answer will be already though.

Probably.

Thanks mate.

If they bid £300m for us I don’t think he’ll turn it away this time. Anything below that and we know what the answer will be already though.

Yep, this.

I have some ITK stuff on the possible take-over. Can't say what it is though :shifty:

Maybe I just want you all to know I have some ITK stuff.

Anyways, can't say what it is.

Clearly I have ITK info, though.

Until my super-source is clearer...I can't say.

Not yet, anyways.

Tune in for more.

You ok mate?

Can't help but get excited by every positive report on the takeover. I hope your source is correct UncleBingo. However, I can't shake the idea that the whole thing is just the latest Bishop PR attempt, which has predictably snowballed into various media reports, ITKs and whatnot. Due diligence/data rooms/private flights etc.. At one time, The Chronic posted that there are 4 independant parties that have submitted offers of more than 200million.

There are several facts that for me indicate all the takeover talk might not be genuine after all:

1. The talk was started by Ashley himself - straight after yet another inadequate appearance in parliament. If he was genuine about selling the club, announcing it prematurely like this is counter-productive - it weakens his bargaining position and possibly violates NDAs. The interview, of course in front of his Sky buddies, as always happy to let him peddle his scripted lies without any further questions. Time has proved that everything Mike Ashley has said so far in front of the huge Sky audience has been downright lies. His exact words in the interview also hint at his dishonesty, but I don't even want to get into that bullshit.. To this day, all the takeover "news" seem to be leaked by the Club, not the interested buyers, which is unusual.

2. This season has seen a much increased presence and PR efforts from Ashley and his cronies with regards to the club. Bishop and Barnes being ever-present in games and press conferences / "recruiting" Lascelles on their side / using random discredited pundits to attack Rafa and the fans / the various attempts to sabotage the protests.. turning off the TVs in the ground ffs. All these efforts ain't no Ashley exit strategy. If anything it's a strategy to facilitate Rafa's exit, which I expect will reach its conclusion in the next month or so.

3. Guess who wins again. As we've seen last year, a failed takeover bid would give a perfect excuse to not spend money again, with the added bonus of undermining Rafa for one last time, so that he can finally give up on his Newcastle project and let Ashley hire someone less demanding, more "manageable" or downright corrupt (in reference to Mike's pathetic apology to Allardyce awhile ago).

Ashley knows that even if he screws him again, Rafa will probably honor his contract, so we have a good chance of avoiding relegation this season even without January investment.

4. Unchanged circumstances - As far as I can tell, the unrest among the fanbase is not yet big enough to directly endanger Ashley's interests. Sports Direct still benefits massively from free advertisement in one of the world's most lucrative and watched platforms - The Premier League. The last 10 years have proven without a doubt that this is the main reason why Ashley owns the club and he has no intent on losing it. I doubt his recent attempts to "save the high street" are so time-consuming to him that he feels the need to get rid of the club. If anything he needs positive media coverage for his brands even more now.

I wanted to list a few more things but writing all this bullshit down depresses me.. fuck that shit

I have some ITK stuff on the possible take-over. Can't say what it is though :shifty:

Maybe I just want you all to know I have some ITK stuff.

Anyways, can't say what it is.

Clearly I have ITK info, though.

Until my super-source is clearer...I can't say.

Not yet, anyways.

Tune in for more.

You ok mate?

:lol: Yes, thanks.

Just being sarcastic about people posting they have ITK stuff but don't want to say. It's full melt.

It's like "I have a secret...but can't tell you!". So why bother saying :idiot2:

I think Bingo was just reporting facts about what he’d heard and mentioned that he’d heard other stuff that he didn’t give as much credence to.

Really don’t think he’s looking for attention and saying ‘I know a secret you don’t know’, he’s just simply stating what he’s heard from various people.

I agree there are attention seeking ITKs about but UncleBingo isn’t one of them.

Can't help but get excited by every positive report on the takeover. I hope your source is correct UncleBingo. However, I can't shake the idea that the whole thing is just the latest Bishop PR attempt, which has predictably snowballed into various media reports, ITKs and whatnot. Due diligence/data rooms/private flights etc.. At one time, The Chronic posted that there are 4 independant parties that have submitted offers of more than 200million.

There are several facts that for me indicate all the takeover talk might not be genuine after all:

1. The talk was started by Ashley himself - straight after yet another inadequate appearance in parliament. If he was genuine about selling the club, announcing it prematurely like this is counter-productive - it weakens his bargaining position and possibly violates NDAs. The interview, of course in front of his Sky buddies, as always happy to let him peddle his scripted lies without any further questions. Time has proved that everything Mike Ashley has said so far in front of the huge Sky audience has been downright lies. His exact words in the interview also hint at his dishonesty, but I don't even want to get into that bullshit.. To this day, all the takeover "news" seem to be leaked by the Club, not the interested buyers, which is unusual.

2. This season has seen a much increased presence and PR efforts from Ashley and his cronies with regards to the club. Bishop and Barnes being ever-present in games and press conferences / "recruiting" Lascelles on their side / using random discredited pundits to attack Rafa and the fans / the various attempts to sabotage the protests.. turning off the TVs in the ground ffs. All these efforts ain't no Ashley exit strategy. If anything it's a strategy to facilitate Rafa's exit, which I expect will reach its conclusion in the next month or so.

3. Guess who wins again. As we've seen last year, a failed takeover bid would give a perfect excuse to not spend money again, with the added bonus of undermining Rafa for one last time, so that he can finally give up on his Newcastle project and let Ashley hire someone less demanding, more "manageable" or downright corrupt (in reference to Mike's pathetic apology to Allardyce awhile ago).

Ashley knows that even if he screws him again, Rafa will probably honor his contract, so we have a good chance of avoiding relegation this season even without January investment.

4. Unchanged circumstances - As far as I can tell, the unrest among the fanbase is not yet big enough to directly endanger Ashley's interests. Sports Direct still benefits massively from free advertisement in one of the world's most lucrative and watched platforms - The Premier League. The last 10 years have proven without a doubt that this is the main reason why Ashley owns the club and he has no intent on losing it. I doubt his recent attempts to "save the high street" are so time-consuming to him that he feels the need to get rid of the club. If anything he needs positive media coverage for his brands even more now.

I wanted to list a few more things but writing all this bullshit down depresses me.. fuck that shit

All true, but do you not think Kenyon would've come out and denied it publicly if it wasn't true?

If people were blatantly making shit up about him and his business dealings you'd think he'd release a statement of some sort