Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Must admit I thought the postponement was a direct result of the supposed proximity to a takeover; Ashley's interview very much being factored into the decision.

Regardless, presumably no takeover and no transfers will give a few more of the creatures a bit more appetite to protest and get behind the more militant groups; but I won't hold my breath.

If I read on Twitter about how the protests were called off because Mike Ashley said the club was being sold one more time I'm going to tear my f***ing hair out like. :lol: It had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley's interview.

It definitely played it's part.

Just look at how many fans lapped up 'Please don't protest. The buyers are worried it might affect our league position'.

It didn't play any part whatsoever in TMG calling it off like, definitely not.

Aye maybes not the actual calling off part, but you just know fans would've lapped that up and other stuff.

Guest firetotheworks

If I read on Twitter about how the protests were called off because Mike Ashley said the club was being sold one more time I'm going to tear my f***ing hair out like. :lol: It had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley's interview.

It definitely played it's part.

Just look at how many fans lapped up 'Please don't protest. The buyers are worried it might affect our league position'.

It didn't play any part whatsoever in TMG calling it off like, definitely not.

Aye maybes not the actual calling off part, but you just know fans would've lapped that up and other stuff.

:thup: Aye, if it had have still gone ahead it would have been one of the many excuses for not taking part.

If I read on Twitter about how the protests were called off because Mike Ashley said the club was being sold I'm going to tear my fucking hair out like. :lol: It had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley's interview.

The Magpie Group would have went ahead with it, though it would have been unsuccessful. The guy from TF is the one who pretty much stopped it, pretty much put TMG in an impossible position. Though I do think the boycott was too soon for some fans.

It would have been an absolute shambles going by the support for it and the walk-in, and yeah as you say, it was about the rug being pulled from under TMG. Even then, the amount of times I read on twitter about how it was called off because Ashley said we were about to be sold is absolutely ridiculous, there's no link whatsoever and I can only assume it's a point that's made to make a wider point about our entire fanbase being gullible. But aye, complete fake news basically.

Do not worry though, I’m calling out the TF guy on Twitter right now about it. The cunt even has the nerve to tweet about how Ashley should sell up and how Rafa’s being unsupported.

He'll block you sharpish, the precious self-serving prick.

Guest Howaythetoon

Offer made, doesn’t meet the valuation, MA away on his hols to think it all over.

Meanwhile in limbo-land where Rafa lives...

So with the boycott off and no protests anywhere to be seen. Aren't we gonna start shopping at sportsdirect aswell? Bet they have a sale now!

???

Come on, lets get Ashley out of here once and for all. Hunt him out. Do whatever it takes!!!

So with the boycott off and no protests anywhere to be seen.Aren't we gonna start shopping at sportsdirect aswell? Bet they have a sale now!

???

Come on, lets get Ashley out of here once and for all. Hunt him out. Do whatever it takes!!!

This isn’t true and if you haven’t seen them please tell me why.

So with the boycott off and no protests anywhere to be seen.Aren't we gonna start shopping at sportsdirect aswell? Bet they have a sale now!

???

Didn't we call off the boycott of the Wolves game?

And the protests in London came to nothing.

No protests at the matches except a few outside the club shop.

Thought the Magpie Group said the protests should escalate and we wouldn't give up untill Ashley sells.

???

Thought the Magpie Group said the protests should escalate and we wouldn't give up untill Ashley sells.

Regardless of whether you think things have impact or not they weren’t nowhere to be seen. The guy came out on TV again directly after 2 protests including the 11th minute and hoping to head off the boycott - it was partly a genuine question because if people aren’t seeing them then it’s half the problem.

Cards on the table, I was at the parliament protest and I’ll caveat my opinion with personal involvement but the sequence that followed that very night was an appearance on sky. I’ll not say it’s a direct result but ignore correlations at folly.

???

Regardless of whether you think things have impact or not they weren’t nowhere to be seen. The guy came out on TV again directly after 2 protests including the 11th minute and hoping to head off the boycott - it was partly a genuine question because if people aren’t seeing them then it’s half the problem.

We can't stop boycotts and protests just because we might have someone interested in buying the club.

Full steam and pressure on Ashley untill a deal is done.

If someone wants to buy the club he's not gonna be put off because of some protests against the current owner.

I fully agree but certain idividuals took it upon themselves to undermine it all who were supposedly a key proponent of the message, it was crippling and there’s no denying lack of home support played its part. Putting yourself as a small group of dissenters when the message seems to be anti in stadium is a difficult hurdle for a group normal people. I think the relative silence since has been damaging but I sense there are wounds to be licked.

I fully agree but certain idividuals took it upon themselves to undermine it all who were supposedly a key proponent of the message, it was crippling and there’s no denying lack of home support played its part. Putting yourself as a small group of dissenters when the message seems to be anti in stadium is a difficult hurdle for a group normal people. I think the relative silence since has been damaging but I sense there are wounds to be licked.

Honestly just stay silent, leave them to it, it will all unravel one day mate.

Over 11 years of ownership and Ashley has won every battle took all our money and we still turn up to support his team, he doesn't care if we go down again he's made enough money to sell us 3 times over he could give us away tomorrow and still be millions in profit.

He is literally laughing at us.

There are enough "loyal" fans to make sure that no amount of real pressure against Ashley ever gets off the ground.  They won't boycott matches because they have to support the team at all costs and they will swallow any "positive" fake news that Ashley's PR team sends out. 

Bleak.

There are enough "loyal" fans to make sure that no amount of real pressure against Ashley ever gets off the ground.  They won't boycott matches because they have to support the team at all costs and they will swallow any "positive" fake news that Ashley's PR team sends out. 

Bleak.

Ok. Then the fans have what they deserve.

No meaning to complain about anything.

Let Ashley take your cash and get nothing back.

Just watch a dull game and go home and wait for the next dull game.

Thats not for me. A change is needed and nothing will happen as long as we don't do anything about it.

People need to stop going stop buying the shirts and not give him a penny directly and indirectly.

One of the issues is the mentality of well John isn't going to do it so why should I ? We see this demonstrated often by those who slag off the cancelled boycott convienently ignoring the fact they can boycott themselves without the Magpie group.

This fucking thread man.. like banging your head against a brick wall day after day. Everything that can be said has been already. Like fucking Groundhog Day. Rinse and repeat.

The definition of madness is trying the same thing again and again and expect a different result.

If we want the enemy to pay attention to us, a few soft boiled chants about his weight just isn’t going to cut it.

He has absolutely no respect for us, he knows he has nothing to fear. We can’t even organise a protest without everyone falling out.

Bunch of whining bitches.