Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa can f*** off with that s***, if anyone else in our history says that he'd get lambasted and rightly so.

It's no better than Pardew's sovereign state bullshit.

The difference being Rafa is having a go at the club, Pardew was sticking up for it. Its completely different, and comes from a man that actually knows what hes talking about.

Don't really care tbh, i don't want to hear excuses regardless of what the reasons are. It's bullshit at the end of the day, we all know Ashley is a c*** of the highest order so what point are you making.

Also you know damn well if anyone else said that they'd get lambasted, regardless if they are having a go at the club or not.

What has he said there that is wrong?

Was wondering that myself. As it was said, Pardew defended the club and criticized the fans in post-match interviews. He even dedicated wins to Ashley for fucks sake :lol:

There's no comparison when Rafa is echoing everything we think about Ashley. You might not want to hear excuses but they're the reason we are where we are. The team isn't good enough and needs major investment.

Rafa can f*** off with that s***, if anyone else in our history says that he'd get lambasted and rightly so.

The difference being Rafa is having a go at the club, Pardew was sticking up for it. Its completely different, and comes from a man that actually knows what hes talking about.

Don't really care tbh, i don't want to hear excuses regardless of what the reasons are. It's bullshit at the end of the day, we all know Ashley is a c*** of the highest order so what point are you making.

Also you know damn well if anyone else said that they'd get lambasted, regardless if they are having a go at the club or not.

Was wondering that myself. As it was said, Pardew defended the club and criticized the fans in post-match interviews. He even dedicated wins to Ashley for fucks sake :lol:

There's no comparison when Rafa is echoing everything we think about Ashley. You might not want to hear excuses but they're the reason we are where we are. The team isn't good enough and needs major investment.

I mean it's just common sense surely? If you pay £5m for a striker, then you are going to have to be some sort of genius to turn them into a prolific goal scorer in the Premier. You could argue that we've got two more expensive strikers in Mitro and Gayle and we should play them...but even they aren't proven Premier level strikers.

Don't really care tbh, i don't want to hear excuses regardless of what the reasons are. It's bullshit at the end of the day, we all know Ashley is a cunt of the highest order so what point are you making.

Anyone saying we should have spent money but refused to which has put us in the shit situation we're in now would get lambasted? ???

The reason we lambasted other managers was because they were actually making EXCUSES to mask their own shitness.

Rafa is just saying what we all already know - not excuses but reasons, legitimate reasons. I don't really see what's wrong with that? 

For a few weeks we were punching above our weight because of Rafa's world class managerial ability and now we're performing at our actual level.

Also because we had a full side out, with a full side and a class manager we were ok.  But lose a few of our best players and no matter how good the manager is he can't mask the shocking lack of quality.

Was wondering that myself. As it was said, Pardew defended the club and criticized the fans in post-match interviews. He even dedicated wins to Ashley for f***s sake :lol:

I mean it's just common sense surely? If you pay £5m for a striker, then you are going to have to be some sort of genius to turn them into a prolific goal scorer in the Premier. You could argue that we've got two more expensive strikers in Mitro and Gayle and we should play them...but even they aren't proven Premier level strikers.

Right. I think anybody in Rafa's position with £5m and 24 hours left in the transfer window would have done the same thing, whilst hoping they can get something out of him. A throw of the dice is better than nothing at all. Kind of similar to Sibierski who, perhaps unexpectedly, did a respectable job on the cheap. You can't blame Rafa for Joselu missing the majority of chances he's missed though. Money buys quality, and these days £5m is a drop in the ocean compared to 10 years ago.

Guest firetotheworks

Marveaux. [emoji38]

Marveaux in this squad would improve us immeasurably 

I know, but he was shit for us except for one or two notable games.

That's sort of the point though, when the worst player on one list (Marveaux) is better than most of the other list, there aren't really any parallels to be drawn.

I always got the impression from Rafa's press conferences and interviews he was confident this would go through. Not sure that's true after todays like.

Yeah this is reminding me of the summer unfortunately.

He's probably just as frustrated as we are. The longer this drags on the less likely he is to get the funds he needs in January and the more likely it is that he'll have to leave and find another job, something we know he doesn't want to do. He doesn't have anything to lose at this stage, might as well throw a few thinly veiled insults at the fat cunt.

You could have saved 5m on Joselu and kept Murphy, who was probably better.

We flogged plenty of players,have plenty on loan and released and had many leave for free,surley we made a few quid. Was the cash from promotion not that much?

How the fuck is a club with gates 2 times plus, not generating enough to compete with Brighton and Huddersfield.

You could have saved 5m on Joselu and kept Murphy, who was probably better.

We flogged plenty of players,have plenty on loan and released and had many leave for free,surley we made a few quid. Was the cash from promotion not that much?

How the fuck is a club with gates 2 times plus, not generating enough to compete with Brighton and Huddersfield.

He could have had a top striker for what he paid for Joselu & Murphy. Tbh you could add Manqullio & Lejeune who added fuck all this season and be knocking on some decent doors.

We'd then have bit Fulham's arm off for Gayle and be able to invest elsewhere.

Some poor decisions have been made in the transfer market and the Club doesn't take the entire blame imho, Rafa hasn't managed his ins and outs correctly; preoccupied i think in making noise in the press rather than getting down with what he has and doing his best.

From an Ashley perspective:

We would’ve lost millions in the Championship year. But we needed to invest to get out.  Whereas Brighton and Huddersfield would be operating better in the Champo.

Now we are up Ashley is penny pinching to make up for the loss of revenue. Where Brighton can spend all o that PL money.

Now I suspect our overalll wage bill is higher than them both. There will be Huddersfield players with a 15% increase of a championship wage.  Where we’ve got Shelvey, Mbemba, Clark, Diame, Gayle, Mitro, Ritchie et al probably on pretty big wages.  Colback as well. There’s probably 150k p/w on players Rafa doesn’t fancy. Colback, Mitro, Mbemba, surely paying some for Saivet, Diame. 

Joselu and Murphy combined wages wouldn’t match that of a 10-15 goal striker that can play some.

We would also only have Aaron’s as a wide option behind the other 2 and he’s not to be trusted to stay fit.

Rafa doesn’t rate Gamez or Mbemba and they would be starting if not for those lads coming in with literally no first team cover on the bench.