Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is worth more with Rafa Benitez than Mark Hughes surely?

Be it common sense and people with an ounce of brains between their ears aye, but Ashley operates in a world where common sense doesn't exist.

Value of the club never changes, it's always more than anyone offers. He says £300m, gets an offer for it suddenly it's £350m. We stayed up, the toilets have had a spring clean, they put up a new Alba 32' HD Ready TV in the staff canteen....you know any excuse so his bluff can't be called.

Alba  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2040757-mike-ashley%E2%80%99s-house-of-fraser-served-notice-to-quit-town-centre-store

According to The Guardian M&M Asset Management, which owns the Stamford Quarter, agreed to accept no rent for a year under a short-term lease.

The deal was just one of several struck by the Sports Direct boss after he bought the chain out of administration last year.

He also drew up a deal to save the House of Fraser store in city centre Manchester from closure.

According to The Guardian little progress has been made in the last seven months and M&M appears to have lost patience.

The company has decided instead to convert the store into flats.

Iain Minto, M&M’s shopping centre director, said: “We can’t sit around and wait forever for House of Fraser to do something.

“Sports Direct have been in this building for nine months and at the moment they’re still trying work out what to do with the wider business.

“We don’t want the building to sit there forever and a day, we want to invest in the town.

“You have to bear in mind that there are nearly 60 House of Fraser stores across the company.

“I imagine there will be other landlords with House of Fraser, scratching their heads wondering what to do with the space.”

Richard Hyman, a retail analyst said that despite Ashley’s promises about saving House of Fraser, the businessman was unlikely to be concerned at the prospect of losing stores.

He said: “People may have been naive to think that these shops would be saved as retail businesses trading as House of Fraser, which is clearly not viable as it is.

“I suspect that Ashley has sold a big chunk of the stock he bought and that was the pivotal element in the transaction to him.”

Looks to be the real reason he bought HoF, as some predicted.

I can see this going two ways: Rafa stays and gets minimum to spend, or he's off and we'll see Alex McLeish coming in with £120m being splashed to compensate for his inadequacies.

I can’t go along with the notion that Ashley would deny Rafa funds only to grant a largesse to his successor.

It might well cost him £120m over time, but there’s no way the next man in the dugout gets that cash - summer or January.

I can see this going two ways: Rafa stays and gets minimum to spend, or he's off and we'll see Alex McLeish coming in with £120m being splashed to compensate for his inadequacies.

I can’t go along with the notion that Ashley would deny Rafa funds only to grant a largesse to his successor.

It might well cost him £120m over time, but there’s no way the next man in the dugout gets that cash - summer or January.

mclaren money was a perfect storm of shitness imo, in that mclaren was carr's man and ashley obviously trusted carr to some degree

he'll not make that mistake again, despite the fact he's making a huge fucking mistake not backing rafa given the miracles he's already worked in terms of improving players and their values

• 2 weeks later...

"When we started, our challenge was to create infrastructure, to create structure and then to create the right processes. That is how we concentrated our efforts first.

"This was to achieve three goals - continuous growth, sports success and profitability - you need to continue this profitability in order to keep doing the origin of football, which is to create value for the community.

"The way we look at is not probably the most profitable way for the business we run but, when you put in the value you create to the community, then it becomes a real profitable business in every sense of the word."

Sign me the fuck up.

"When we started, our challenge was to create infrastructure, to create structure and then to create the right processes. That is how we concentrated our efforts first.

"This was to achieve three goals - continuous growth, sports success and profitability - you need to continue this profitability in order to keep doing the origin of football, which is to create value for the community.

"The way we look at is not probably the most profitable way for the business we run but, when you put in the value you create to the community, then it becomes a real profitable business in every sense of the word."

Sign me the f*** up.

This is the exact kind of club I want instead of just throwing money around at big name players.

Sign me the f*** up.

This is the exact kind of club I want instead of just throwing money around at big name players.

Me too!

And I think Rafa would be a perfect match to it all.👍