Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When (ok, if) a takeover ever happens I’m genuinely scared to find out how much of the club’s entrails he has ripped out on the way out.

I reckon we don’t know the half of the asset stripping he’s done.

While Im highly sceptical of anything that Mike Ashley does, says or even hints at, I was thinking the other day that after our performance against Liverpool infront of a worldwide audience on TV and the fact there are all English clubs in both Champions League and Europa finals it could well drum up a bit of interest in us.

There is no better time to buy an English club, it might as well be us.

When (ok, if) a takeover ever happens I’m genuinely scared to find out how much of the club’s entrails he has ripped out on the way out.

I think the whole 'asset stripping' talk is overdone. Asset strippers see the sum of the parts as being worth more than the whole and move fast and get out with a quick profit. Ashley's been here over a decade and has sold off the Gallowgate plot and one by the training ground with the vast amount of his invested capital still tied up in the main business of the club.

What's more important is the complete lack of maintenance on the ground and the lack of capital spend on training facilities which means any new buyer will have a hefty bill to get us back up to the standards that would be expected of a top flight club.

I think the whole 'asset stripping' talk is overdone. Asset strippers see the sum of the parts as being worth more than the whole and move fast and get out with a quick profit. Ashley's been here over a decade and has sold off the Gallowgate plot and one by the training ground with the vast amount of his invested capital still tied up in the main business of the club.

What's more important is the complete lack of maintenance on the ground and the lack of capital spend on training facilities which means any new buyer will have a hefty bill to get us back up to the standards that would be expected of a top flight club.

My point is more that I’m concerned there is other stuff we don’t know about and will only find out about once he’s gone.

My point is more that I’m concerned there is other stuff we don’t know about and will only find out about once he’s gone.

It wont be so much asset stripping as other things built in, so many years free advertising, being tied in to merchandising deals etc. I'm fairly sure that's why people look at the books and walk off after agreeing with the initial price.

It's not necessarily saying WE have a data room. It's just saying that it's at a stage that is known (by who, fuck knows) as the 'data room' stage.

Charnley just gave the password to them for our Quick Books account.

I think we might see a "SUPER" takeover rumour when the season ticket renewals are due.

Aye, 10-20% increase with some mega billionaire rumoured to be taking over and wanting us to compete at the top of the Premier League.

Guest chopey

Well their not getting my money this year, Newcastle need to make a choice its either me or Ashley

Can the stages following this 'Data room' business be done within the 10 days Rafa mentioned yesterday? Perhaps he knows something we don't!

We've tried to read that into every quote of his whenever there's been a takeover rumor for the last 3 years. :lol:

Can the stages following this 'Data room' business be done within the 10 days Rafa mentioned yesterday? Perhaps he knows something we don't!

Data room, garden of negotiation, outdoor toilet of despair.

I think we might see a "SUPER" takeover rumour when the season ticket renewals are due.

Aye, 10-20% increase with some mega billionaire rumoured to be taking over and wanting us to compete at the top of the Premier League.

Dont they renew in February or is that just those on the 10year deal ?

Dont they renew in February or is that just those on the 10year deal ?

Just those on the deal.