Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry Caulkin aint just going to quote stuff for clickbate, the proper journos don't put their name to total rumours (they just stick it under press association as author or whatever). Not saying it's happening at all, but clearly there is something in the story. Or Caulkin has dropped his standards.

Guest alijmitchell

If it's bullshit, then I suppose at least it'll be a quick cycle of takeover boom and bust chat. This has come out of nowhere. Based on reports we should either know or not quickly.

Nobody can play it down because there's been no comment either way. They're all just quoting the same Sun article. Playing it down would purely be guesswork without official comment.

The fact they are quoting it means they trust there is something in the sun article. Still don't believe it mind.

It's generated a lot of interest. As Edwards said, his paper wants to know what's going on. You can be the best journalist in the world but you've still got to report what is getting people talking. The Times or any other paper still need to sell subscriptions/advertisements.

Guest godzilla

Nobody can play it down because there's been no comment either way. They're all just quoting the same Sun article. Playing it down would purely be guesswork without official comment.

The fact they are quoting it means they trust there is something in the sun article. Still don't believe it mind.

Wasn't it the Sun who reported and had photos of Ashley and Staveley in the same restaurant for an alleged dinner/meeting before anyone had a sniff.

Guest alijmitchell

Sorry Caulkin aint just going to quote stuff for clickbate, the proper journos don't put their name to total rumours (they just stick it under press association as author or whatever). Not saying it's happening at all, but clearly there is something in the story. Or Caulkin has dropped his standards.

Aye you could be right, but then they've stuck their necks out before haven't they? A lot of journos were burned by the Staveley takeover. I suppose it's pointless debating as all I'm really doing is making reasons to not believe it based on the past...

I understand the excitement BUT it ain't happening

I think it's classic Mike Ashley diversionary tactics

You don't know that, your opinion it's not happening, but you don't know for sure

Of course I don't know for certain, it's merely my opinion and I'm basing it on the numerous other takeover news that have turned to nowt

Feels like Xmas eve. Anyone else pulling an all nighter  :frantic:

Our lass not long back in from visiting family in Norway, and am watching Sky News Euro Elections coverage. Sleepover shift at 4pm so am gonna have to go to bed soon. :(

IF this does go through - I hope Ashley has all of his claws out of the club. SD signs to come down, the lot.

Guest godzilla

I understand the excitement BUT it ain't happening

I think it's classic Mike Ashley diversionary tactics

You don't know that, your opinion it's not happening, but you don't know for sure

Of course I don't know for certain, it's merely my opinion and I'm basing it on the numerous other takeover news that have turned to nowt

So you might want to put IMHO and not but it's not happening. You maybe right but not once has anybody reported 'concluded'.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/26/newcastle-refuse-comment-reports-mike-ashley-has-sold-club-350m/

Most likely scenario..

"Neither of the two groups known to Telegraph Sport to be interested in a takeover are involved with bin Zayed Al Nehayan and were as surprised as anyone when claims he had agreed to sell  the club were made on Sunday night.

And one even went so far as to suggest the story was an attempt to put pressure on them to agree to Ashley’s terms for a deal to go through."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/26/newcastle-refuse-comment-reports-mike-ashley-has-sold-club-350m/

Most likely scenario..

"Neither of the two groups known to Telegraph Sport to be interested in a takeover are involved with bin Zayed Al Nehayan and were as surprised as anyone when claims he had agreed to sell  the club were made on Sunday night.

And one even went so far as to suggest the story was an attempt to put pressure on them to agree to Ashley’s terms for a deal to go through."

:rolleyes:

Guest alijmitchell

Most likely scenario..

"Neither of the two groups known to Telegraph Sport to be interested in a takeover are involved with bin Zayed Al Nehayan and were as surprised as anyone when claims he had agreed to sell  the club were made on Sunday night.

Absolutely - pressure on buyers, pressure on Rafa to sign (if you don't sign the takeover will fall through...) it's most likely a fucking cunts trick by the despicable twat

Most likely scenario..

Absolutely - pressure on buyers, pressure on Rafa to sign (if you don't sign the takeover will fall through...) it's most likely a fucking cunts trick by the despicable twat

I can't see an oil-rich Sheik agreeing to be a stalking horse for Mike Ashley.