Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To be fair some people tried to warn us about Ashley and we didn’t heed it. I’m not going to make that same mistake again

Yep. Though I reckon if true, you will see the shift a lot of people want.

iirc, on here anyway, the ashley warnings were based on absolutely nothing because he was an an unknown hermit before taking us over...there was barely even a picture of him

Pretty much the first page Toontastic says he is known by his business associates as being a nasty piece of work

Besides his company's website using flash, why is he generally considered a joke?

only worth £18bn the daft cunt

There's no way he's worth that much. I could be wrong but are you not mixing him up with Sheikh Khalifa?

It's just mind blowing this. It seemed too good to be true and it being The Sun. Yet its so detailed a story, way too brazen to be a lie, and everyone else is running with it.

Maybe this is the end of the dark times.

Besides his company's website using flash, why is he generally considered a joke?

only worth £18bn the daft cunt

There's no way he's worth that much. I could be wrong but are you not mixing him up with Sheikh Khalifa?

I think so

To be fair some people tried to warn us about Ashley and we didn’t heed it. I’m not going to make that same mistake again

Yep. Though I reckon if true, you will see the shift a lot of people want.

iirc, on here anyway, the ashley warnings were based on absolutely nothing because he was an an unknown hermit before taking us over...there was barely even a picture of him

Pretty much the first page Toontastic says he is known by his business associates as being a nasty piece of work

Yeah there was a thread revival recently, i’ll Just be happy people won’t have their money wasted so brazenly and decisions will probably be made for football reasons in support of the manager and respect for expertise over cronyism. I still have big reservations about the ethics of it all but at least it wouldn’t be a grinning oaf deliberately holding us back. For now cautious optimism/curiosity.

Guest covmag

Fully expect by my lunch break that I’ll log-in and there’ll be some sort of ‘nothing agreed just yet, but talks are ongoing and club sources are optimistic’ Tweet from someone.

Totally agree, classic deflection, as ever

I don’t even want crazy spending like Oil FC. I just want reasonable investment and allowing Rafa to do what he sees fit. Is that too much to ask?

And more Rafa first picks rather than Rafa "if I must" option 25 on the list if I am being sensibly greedy

Why do it to yourselves, man?

As regular as clockwork this bullshit.  It’s amplified because we have our manager’s contract expiring as well as the standard transfer window.

I don’t even want crazy spending like Oil FC. I just want reasonable investment and allowing Rafa to do what he sees fit. Is that too much to ask?

That is the problem. A reasonable investment company would never buy a overpriced club. That means our only shot is crazy spending ppl.

But I agree with you..

Guest chicken little

The more time that passes the less likely this has anything to it IMO.

Something needs to fucking break soon.

it's been about 10 hours of sunday night the day before a bank holiday, man.

The more time that passes the less likely this has anything to it IMO.

Something needs to fucking break soon.

it's been about 10 hours of sunday night the day before a bank holiday, man.

Forgot it was a bank holiday :lol:

Still, if it’s a done deal someone will let it slip sooner rather than later.