Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Feels like the end of Shaun of the dead where they look completely fucked then the army rolls in and blasts the bad guys to pieces.

And Mike's just salty because we might finish above his beloved reds.

:lol: Y'all know this isn't happening, right?

Nope, fuck off, go away.

It happen.

:lol: I'll fuck off, but it's not happening.

:lol:

Two things that I know are true in this mixed up muddled up shookup world:

the pisstape is real

we gettin bought.

In 2026, Mike Ashley is gonna take our money to host a forum pisstape mixer at SJP.

Will you be gutted when Newcastle shock the world and sign Kevin Durant, and your Knicks end up bringing Carmelo Anthony back?

You kept going after you typed Newcastle and sign so for that alone I respect your moxie. :lol:

This guy is a running joke in the UAE - the black sheep/whipping boy of the royal family whose personal wealth is relatively paltry compared to more senior members of the Al Nahyan dynasty. The Liverpool deal fell through because they realised they were dealing with a fantasist who didn't actually have access to the cash being talked about.

This will end in tears one way or another.

Yup, the guy is considered a bit of a laughing stock in the Emirates. The folks at Liverpool were scrambling to disassociate themselves from the story when his side leaked it to the press. I'd consider Mike Ashley a certifiable genius compared to this fella.

I'd advise caution, this isn't a sovereign entity purporting to buy the club. We have harrowing case studies of White Knight owners from the Middle East trying to rebuild two proud English clubs (Forest & Pompey) over the past decade.

Guest covmag

This guy is a running joke in the UAE - the black sheep/whipping boy of the royal family whose personal wealth is relatively paltry compared to more senior members of the Al Nahyan dynasty. The Liverpool deal fell through because they realised they were dealing with a fantasist who didn't actually have access to the cash being talked about.

Yup, the guy is considered a bit of a laughing stock in the Emirates. The folks at Liverpool were scrambling to disassociate themselves from the story when his side leaked it to the press. I'd consider Mike Ashley a certifiable genius compared to this fella.

I'd advise caution, this isn't a sovereign entity purporting to buy the club. We have harrowing case studies of White Knight owners from the Middle East trying to rebuild two proud English clubs (Forest & Pompey) over the past decade.

Chips pissed right on mate  :lol:

It’s not Ashley= fucks given none

Sheikh Mansour is a prominent member of the Government of the UAE, son of the founding President and half-brother of the current ruler. Sheikh Khaled is a step removed from the inner circle this (as are most of the royal family) so this bid won't be "oil money" or backed by the state or anything to that degree, he has made his money in business.

Chips pissed right on mate  :lol:

It’s not Ashley= fucks given none

All I wish is that the fans are more vigilant in this day and age. Ashley is a disgraceful owner, yes, but this experience should really teach us all to be prudent and do a bit more research when it comes to potential owners.

I personally seriously doubt the legitimacy of this story. The timing is a bit too convenient seeing that Ashley is locked in takeover talks with two other interested parties, to speak nothing of contractual negotiations with the manager.

Even if it were true, providing the provenance of funds could be tricky for this fella.

Sheikh Mansour is a prominent member of the Government of the UAE, son of the founding President and half-brother of the current ruler. Sheikh Khaled is a step removed from the inner circle this (as are most of the royal family) so this bid won't be "oil money" or backed by the state or anything to that degree, he has made his money in business.

This is the holding company over which he presides: http://www.binzayed.com/history.htm

They have achieved fuck all in the grand scheme of things in the UAE.