Newcastle United 0-1 Bournemouth - 04/11/17 - post match reaction from page 27

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Same shit, different week. Generally a well-defined team with absolutely nothing up front to the extent that they can't even control the ball when they're in the box. Useless, but known to be useless, and the team has been allowed to be that way because of the ridiculous cunt of an owner. Nothing new, just a different result.

You can't lose to Brighton, Huddersfield and Bournemouth without scoring and not be a bit concerned. We have to beat those type of teams to stay up. January can't come soon enough.

Why? If Ashley's still here we'll be going with what we've got.

I love Rafa, but in my mind he's making a lot of decisions that are starting to cost us games as we're incapable in the final third with the players he is using.

It was absolutely the right decision to go 2 up top as the opening 15-20 minutes showed when we were dominating, but Mitro should have been starting. What does Joselu have to do to lose his place in the team? I'd rather Luuk de Jong than that waste of space. Later bringing on Perez instead who is both short of confidence and has looked anonymous in the vast majority of games this season is just baffling.

Murphy has absolutely no confidence whatsoever and has looked absolutely appalling, I know he's only played in short cameos and needs time but he looks like Obertan at his worst. Needs to just be sent out on loan or nowhere near the team while Aarons is fit. It's not even like Murphy fits into Rafa's tactical plan as he repeatedly kept losing his man and leaving Manquillo exposed too.

This is by no means a recipe to success and obviously I don't know what's going on behind the scenes for Rafa to make these decisions, but something drastically needs to change in personnel while we can't invest in the team and he needs to be the person to make those decisions. Stop trusting those players that are quite clear inept and untrustworthy as it's getting beyond a joke now.

Edit: Manquillo over Mbemba is equally as baffling and frustrating. Another sub-par Spaniard who is seemingly undroppable when there is a better player behind him who can't even make the bench.

Don’t get people’s arrogance at times. We’ve marginally lost a poor game the same as we marginally won one the week before. We’ll be around the bottom 10 teams who are all incredibly similar. This is arguably the only bad result we’ve had this season but the drama at ft after a loss is pathetic.

Thought going 442 made us too dependent on long balls and it just doesn’t work for us. I’m guessing Mitrovic will be sold in January because if he isn’t getting on in a game like that he never is.

Manquillo was poor again, that shit header right at the end should have cost us but for Clark’s block. I’d really like to see Mbemba back in. I also don’t think that goal happens if Lascelles is on the pitch too.

Same old really we played well for the most part but toothless, wasteful and braindead in front of goal. It's what gets teams relegated and is likely the area we will be closer to in the table after the next run of games.

We won't get anything in the next game, that's for sure.

The squad and  therefore team are bereft of quality in the areas that are key.

Our best and most influential player is arguably a young gifted lad who is having his first season in a British league.

Save for a couple of decent (let's not get carried away that's all they are), centre halves, plus Shelvey and Ritchie the rest range from bang average to fucking piss poor.

Back into the relegation fight we go.

Not really

We haven't played Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal yet, we've had a relatively easy set of fixtures, our point return from games is unlikely to get much better, we can't score and when we are put under lots of pressure we concede.

Aye lucky to only lose 0-1 there. Our chances were just good long shots, Bournemouth cut us apart numerous times and had clear cut chances. If they were half decent they would have slaughtered us today. Work to be done from the players and the coach.

Fans really quiet as well. We need a collective lift to keep the momentum going. Playing Mitrovic would be a start.

First 20 minutes we looked very good, then after that we went to pieces,the ruling out a perfectly good goal and then following that then the loss of our best CB.  :huff:

For me when using a 442 I would have expected to get the same application on the left side as the right, however with Ritchie forcing saves from shots on target and always delivering a ball into the box on the opposite side you have Atsu, who rarley delivers a good ball and wastes his chances. Although Atsu had plenty of possession and did well in that first 20 mins as most of them did, he is weak and nothing like his opposite side of the pitch in Ritchie.

Also Perez was a terrible choice of substitute at the timing of wanting to take anything from this.  And Without Merino we look a shambles.

I prefer Mbemba over Manquilo. Any fucker over Joselu. Merino has to come back in for Hayden. We have no recognised number 10.  Actually fuck it play Merino as a 10 behind Mitrovic. And find a fucking answer down the left Manquillo and Atsu dont cut it for me.

Don't care what anyone says Benitez insistence on playing Joselu. Manquillo and Perez is a total detriment to the team. All three are total and utter s***.

Total agreement. The world and it’s dog can see that certain personnel would have made a difference today and others who have been used are just absolute garbage.

It worked for Benitez for a few weeks but he has to stop being so stubborn now, it’s costing us.

That’s two goals Ayoze has been at fault at in a row. He didn’t even jump for that header today.. turned his back. And a weak challenge in the middle cost us on Monday. How many chances does someone get?

Joselu tries but he just doesn’t have the quality.

Manquillo is just poor but he was never going to be a regular this season had Dummett not gone to the knackers yard.

It’s not like other seasons.. the effort is there. We pass it around really well in spells.

No consistency though. We miss Merinos simple calm passing.

Mitrovic can easily do what Joselu has been doing, except is far more likely to take a chance. He has to start next game.

I’d love Murphy to do well but he looks and plays like a broken man. Maybe being away from his brother is an issue..

Frustrating day. Writing was on the wall after 25 mins...

Can't say that wasnt coming today. They could have won 3-0.

We could have been 3 -0 up after 20 minutes, we started really well.

Second half was then an abomination.

We have Rafa man. We'll be ok. :)

You can't lose to Brighton, Huddersfield and Bournemouth without scoring and not be a bit concerned. We have to beat those type of teams to stay up. January can't come soon enough.

I'm hoping he isn't, and if he is i'm hoping we'll spend a bit. That's a lot of hope i grant you, don't really want to think about the alternative.

This is arguably the only bad result we’ve had this season but the drama at ft after a loss is pathetic.

Really?

It's ridiculous how people think stuff like that.

We've had a few shit results tbh, and we've been very fortunate in some games too. To say this was the only bad result we've had is a bit baffling mind.

I'm hoping he isn't, and if he is i'm hoping we'll spend a bit. That's a lot of hope i grant you, don't really want to think about the alternative.

Alternative is in all possibility relegation but the fat cunt has proven twice now that it doesn't give a shit.

Alternative is in all possibility relegation but the fat cunt has proven twice now that it doesn't give a shit.

I did say i didn't want to really think about, you're a cruel man  :lol: