Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 18/11/17 @ 5:30pm (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

I'd trust Rafa as much as anyone for setting us up to thwart them. I would also be much happier than in our recent fixtures to see us play out a tight and largely action-free game.

However, the simple choice of goalkeepers mean they'll probably score and our strikers won't. I can't see it any other way.

Didn't McClaren get a draw there and Pardew a f***ing win?

Yep. Optimistic Nut pointed out we got draws there in both of our relegation seasons.

Both 0-0 I believe. Didn’t we also get a 0-0 there in our first season back in 2010?

Edit: It was 1-1 in our first relegation season, we lost our first trip back since relegation but drew the next one, 1-1.

Yep. Optimistic Nut pointed out we got draws there in both of our relegation seasons.

Both 0-0 I believe. Didn’t we also get a 0-0 there in our first season back in 2010?

Nah we lost 3-0. Our draw in the Keegan relegation season was 1-1 not 0-0

Edit: It was 1-1 in our first relegation season, we lost our first trip back since relegation but drew the next one, 1-1.

Danny Simpson/Tim Krul heroics iirc.

Loss by narrow margin.

Can't see us being spanked this season (maybe Citeh apart) as Rafa is too wily for that.

It's either a 0-0 or they win. We have to address the lack of fret.

Do we have no bloody young uns who are even worth a punt on? For the last hurrah of a game...We know what we get from Joselu et al, which sadly isn't much

Could have won both too. They scored while Taylor was off getting treatment iirc in the 1-1, and Mitro hit the bar with a header from almost the edge of the box under McClaren. Thauvin was a split second from having a tap in too.

We can't score hence we'll lose unless we hold out for a 0-0.

Utterly boring and abysmal game. 2-0 loss.

We're not going to hold out for a 0-0 against Man U. We always produce some defensive errors over 90 mins and Man U will have the players to punish those. 2-0 loss sounds about right.

I will be travelling down to the game by car on Saturday but from past experience and from asking others I seem to recall it is a nightmare trying to get parked around Old Trafford and getting out after the game can be a very long wait. Anyway I have been looking at other ways of getting to and from the game including parking further away from the main places or even travelling down so far and then getting the train in. Would anyone have any suggestions for the best travelling arrangements and whether my initial views of it being a nightmare around the ground are in indeed correct. Cheers in advance.

I will be travelling down to the game by car on Saturday but from past experience and from asking others I seem to recall it is a nightmare trying to get parked around Old Trafford and getting out after the game can be a very long wait. Anyway I have been looking at other ways of getting to and from the game including parking further away from the main places or even travelling down so far and then getting the train in. Would anyone have any suggestions for the best travelling arrangements and whether my initial views of it being a nightmare around the ground are in indeed correct. Cheers in advance.

From memory there's plenty of parking at Stockport station and only about 10 - 15 mins on the train. Easy to get to off the motorway as well.

From memory there's plenty of parking at Stockport station and only about 10 - 15 mins on the train. Easy to get to off the motorway as well.

Altrincham station also a good shout and jump straight on the tram to the ground

Altrincham station also a good shout and jump straight on the tram to the ground

Cheers for the early suggestions. Might be plenty of parking at Stockport as it appears to cost £15.50 to park for over 4 hours. Think I will give that a miss.

Cheers for the early suggestions. Might be plenty of parking at Stockport as it appears to cost £15.50 to park for over 4 hours. Think I will give that a miss.

I think if you pre-book with one of the parking websites it's much cheaper? Could be wrong like.

I think if you pre-book with one of the parking websites it's much cheaper? Could be wrong like.

doesnt seem to be

doesnt seem to be

There was another smaller car park near the NCP that I accidentally ended up in last time I was there. Not sure what that's like? Altrincham might be better bet.

Park at Trafford Centre for free. 20 mins on the bus (no. 250) to Sir Matt Busby Way/Old Trafford (probs double the time on match day). I've never taken the bus from there but seems straight forward/same as Metro Centre. Advantage is that Traff Centre is straight off the motorway (junction 10 M60). Not sure of best carpark within Trafford Centre for the bus station, but I'm sure you could find out.

Park at Salford Quays (Lowry Outlet) multi story M50 3AH will cost £7 for up to 6 hours. £12 for longer. Will have to get there early (ish) as loads of (visiting...) Man Utd fans seem to park there. Not much shops wise, but a few bars/restaurants. Old Trafford a 15 min walk away over the bridge from Salford to Trafford. Also plenty of pay to park match day parking on Trafford side.

Park at my house; for nowt. Give me your ticket; for good karma/random act of kindness.