Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 18/11/2017 - post match wallowing p26

Disco

We outperformed them in the first half, but they had more quality and delivered the sucker punch in first half injury time.

Any team in that position is at risk of getting routed second half. At least we tried to equalise rather than trying to minimise defeat.

I'm not sure what people are on about when they say we'd have won other games if we played like this like. We've been afforded loads of space and time in the middle and going forward today without being up against 9 or 10 men behind the ball. Totally different situations.

:thup:

Not to mention that the approach Vs Bournemouth was almost identical.

Approach identical, execution in attack poor. We didn’t score when we had chances / also shit offside call.

I’m not even talking about the approach I’m talking about the effort and the energy and desire.

Just frustrated because I hate losing.

We outperformed them in the first half, but they had more quality and delivered the sucker punch in first half injury time.

Any team in that position is at risk of getting routed second half. At least we tried to equalise rather than trying to minimise defeat.

Which Pardew would have done and we'd have still have got beat by 4 or 5. And then blamed Ben Arfa  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure what people are on about when they say we'd have won other games if we played like this like. We've been afforded loads of space and time in the middle and going forward today without being up against 9 or 10 men behind the ball. Totally different situations.

:thup:

Not to mention that the approach Vs Bournemouth was almost identical.

Approach identical, execution in attack poor. We didn’t score when we had chances / also shit offside call.

I’m not even talking about the approach I’m talking about the effort and the energy and desire.

Just frustrated because I hate losing.

Hmm, I disagree. Bournemouth are obviously going to play differently to Man United.

Guess we could have just tried to stay in the game for at least 15/20 minutes then gone full pelt for the last 25 mins. Easier said than done, especially how well we did first half. Our defensive shape has been really bad second half v Man Utd and Bournemouth which is unusual for us

The match hinged quite significantly on the Smalling goal and Hayden missing that chance.