Newcastle United vs. Watford - 25/11/17 @ 3pm

HaydnNUFC

Would play:

Elliot

Yedlin Lejeune Clark Mbemba

Ritchie Shelvey Merino Aarons

Mitrovic Gayle

Do you not think it's worth giving Murphy another start? Was alright last week, think it'd be a tad harsh to drop him. Otherwise I think you're spot on with that team. Won't happen, like.

Would play:

Elliot

Yedlin Lejeune Clark Mbemba

Ritchie Shelvey Merino Aarons

Mitrovic Gayle

That's what I'd go with tomorrow as well with the possible exception of Murphy for Aarons as he did ok on Saturday which has hopefully improved his confidence.

Just think I've still seen more from Aarons in his brief stints in the team over the years, didn't think Murphy was worthy of the praise he seems to be getting from the Man Utd game though he did look a bit more sharp at times.

Much of a muchness really both are a bit underwhelming in their own ways, wouldn't be that disappointed with either.

Murphy will soon be one of our better players. We just have to give him some time.

Needs a good run of games in the team without being dropped to get up to speed with the league and show what he can do and build his confidence.

He had a decent game at Man U which was telling as his poorer performances have all been when coming on late in games when we've been chasing or under the cosh.

As well as being great with the ball at his feet. Proper footballer, knows when to hold on to it and when to release it quickly, also like how he passes it forward so often. So happy to have him with us.

Guest firetotheworks

I was in with the Manchester fans near the touchline and so got to see Murphy up close last weekend.  I'll repeat, he looks shit scared.

Couldn't care less if he'd literally shat himself tbh. [emoji38] He still played well.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Haven't seen anything apart from highlights but sounds like he easily had his best game for us and people should be using that as a positive.

He's playing like 99% of Newcastle fans would if they got the chance to pull on the Black and White stripes, Rafa's confidence in him despite his nerves, shows a real touch of class and it's also a fantastic example of man-management as well as been very brave.