Newcastle United vs. Watford - 25/11/17 @ 3pm

HaydnNUFC

Just watched Rafa's presser, seems as relaxed and confident as ever despite our poor run 👍

Glad Merino is back but there seems to be a huge amount of expectation on him for a young guy who's new to the league.  Personally i'm looking more to the likes of Shelvey and Ritchie to step it up and lead us to the 3 points. 

Watford are a decent side but i don't think we should be looking at this like a draw is ok, our away form is poor so we need to be beating the likes of Watford at home IMO.

The team pretty much picks itself i think due to our injuries.  The only positions i would dispute are Joselu's and Manquillo's but Rafa clearly doesn't like/rate Mitrovic and Mbemba so it's hardly worth mentioning.  Murphy absolutely must start after his (moderate) improvement last week.

We've got to start taking more chances.  We've missed too many good ones at key times in the last 2 games i think. 

2-0 to us!

Guest firetotheworks

Especially with the heckling.

:rolleyes:

Eh I thought you agreed with me [emoji38]

I do.  Was being ironic.

An ironic eyeroll. [emoji38] Show me your ways Neesy.

Guest Howaythetoon

Might have a spare ticket. Drop me a PM if interested. My lads akip now but will find out for certain in the morning.

I would be interested, but I don’t think it’s worth it for a dismal defeat or a 0-0 draw.

Might have a spare ticket. Drop me a PM if interested. My lads akip now but will find out for certain in the morning.

I would be interested, but I don’t think it’s worth it for a dismal defeat or a 0-0 draw.

:lol:

He needs to work on his marketing skills.

If Merino starts I have hope. Seen it mentioned in here already but Watford's more open style of play may suit us. We can hopefully play the counter attacking football Rafa wants, rather than the opposition just sitting back and saying 'come at us' which we know our guys just can't manage.

I think these have conceded close to 2 goals a game on average. They obviously allow for a lot of chances to be had at their own goal, so hopefully this is a game where Rafa’s discipline and concentration will be enough to stifle them. It going to be tough, but we have shown with the likes of Liverpool, and even Spurs, that when we keep our concentration and 11 men, then we can be a tight unit when we face teams who can open others up.