FA Cup 2017/18 - 4th round draw: Chelsea (a) - on BT @ 1:30pm 28/01/18

Disco

One decent draw at home to Luton and then the football gods do their usual. "Right that's it you Geordie b******s, you've had one decent draw, you must pay for it in the next round with a trip to Chelsea".

To be fair, in the only "next rounds" the FA Cup gods have had to worry about in the last few years they gave you Championship Brighton and then Oxford United.

One decent draw at home to Luton and then the football gods do their usual. "Right that's it you Geordie b******s, you've had one decent draw, you must pay for it in the next round with a trip to Chelsea".

To be fair, in the only "next rounds" the FA Cup gods have had to worry about in the last few years they gave you Championship Brighton and then Oxford United.

Aye, but that's when we've looked to not win the sodding thing. Now we have Rafa who doesn't give a shite about the instructions from the top and don't have to play nine games a week in the Championship.

We also lost at home to Forest in the League Cup like.

Last year we limped out the Quarter Finals of the League Cup to soon-to-be relegated Hull.

I don’t think we’ve been particularly hard done to in recent years, we’ve just been utter s***.

Don't think we limped out against Hull mind. We absolutely battered them but couldn't take any chances when they came. The penalty shootout was pathetic though.

Last year we limped out the Quarter Finals of the League Cup to soon-to-be relegated Hull.

I don’t think we’ve been particularly hard done to in recent years, we’ve just been utter s***.

Don't think we limped out against Hull mind. We absolutely battered them but couldn't take any chances when they came. The penalty shootout was pathetic though.

The penalty shootout was the ‘limping out’ bit. :lol:

The penalty shootout was the ‘limping out’ bit. :lol:

:lol: :thup:

We were slightly the better team but wouldn't say we battered them. Think it was only when they went down to 10 we started battering them and even then we let them equalise straight away

We were slightly the better team but wouldn't say we battered them. Think it was only when they went down to 10 we started battering them and even then we let them equalise straight away

First half of the 90 we did imo.

Guest neesy111

First half of the 90 we did imo.

Battering them means creating lots of chances.  We had tons of possession buy did little with it.

Ahh the Hull match, the game people used as a yard stick to say that we we're going to finish rock bottom if we were to get promoted without a chance of staying up.  :smitten:

That Hull game seems like years ago.

Could be a decent day out at Chelsea if they play a weakened team, could see us getting the whole of the shed end so 6k-ish allocation.

Chelsea have got 5 games before this compared to our 2. The second leg of the League Cup semi against Arsenal is the Wed before. They might well play a 'weakened' team. If this was at home I'd give us a good chance. Unfortunately it's not at home.

Chelsea have got 5 games before this compared to our 2. The second leg of the League Cup semi against Arsenal is the Wed before. They might well play a 'weakened' team. If this was at home I'd give us a good chance. Unfortunately it's not at home.

We have Burnley at home in the Prem 4 (or 3 if it's on Sunday for TV or something) days after this too though which we need to win so may also need to play a weakened team