Newcastle United 2-3 Leicester City - 9/12/17 - post match reaction from page 25

Greg

That was Hayden's worst game for us. Why was he so close to the halfway line when the 3rd went in? Really frustrated at how much space they had compared to us. Surely can't all be down to tactics, can it? The worst thing was the constant hoofing to Wes Morgan of all people. Bet he's never had an easier game in the PL.

That was Hayden's worst game for us. Why was he so close to the halfway line when the 3rd went in? Really frustrated at how much space they had compared to us. Surely can't all be down to tactics, can it? The worst thing was the constant hoofing to Wes Morgan of all people. Bet he's never had an easier game in the PL.

I thought Joselu and Gayle looked lively up front so it can't have been that easy.

He needs to stay on his feet the fucking pillock, goes to ground far too quickly, mind you merino did a lot tonight as well.

My favourite part of our matches is when Mitrovic gets his cameo and shows that compared to a certain someone, he can actually play football.

Every f***ing time.

[emoji38] aka neither of you watched the match properly and just want to push the Joselu/Mitrovic button regardless of whether the context aligns with it. Joselu and Gayle were the only players that come out with any credibility, both scored and still the Mitrovic fans force out the tears.

Chill out man, I prefer Mitrovic over Joselu, he's a better player in every single aspect. If you don't like me stating that then that's fine, but maybe stop replying every single time with the same s***.

Maybe take your own advice on that front, if you're gonna post then expect replies. Mitrovic isn't going to play, the same points being made isn't limited to his detractors either, both sides have done their points to death. Shoehorning it in after Joselu and Gayle both scored and played well in a match where everyone else was an absolute joke is always likely to get critical posts.

Can't you see the hypocrisy here though? You constantly bang on with your against-Mitrovic agenda, I constantly bang on with my pro-Mitrovic agenda, we're in the exact same boat only I don't feel the need to pull you up on your opinion every single time as you (and 'triggs') do with me. It's tedious man, if you don't like my perspective on the matter then just don't reply to my comments on it, easy. 'Cause you must have replied to the exact same point, with the exact same response at least 4-5 times in the past month. We have two differing opinions on one specific matter, get over it, I did  :lol: :thup:

Positives

Attacked quite well I thought.

Gayle was really lively.

Joselu scored(!) and played okay otherwise.

Murphy continues to improve.

Negatives

Sat back too much after the opening goal. It's as though we expect a tough start every week, but do better than expected then don't know what to do so just let the opposition have the ball. At this level they're going to create.

Had literally nothing in centre of the pitch all game, Merino and Hayden worked hard but we were just outmanouvered time and time again.

Centre backs were consistently awful.

Decision-making was absolutely abysmal from start to finish, beginning with the Merino pass that presented them the ball for the first right to the end where we somehow fucked up a brilliant situation to win it. Just took too long every fucking time, I was literally screaming PASS THE BALL by the end. So frustrating.

Darlow had a shitter, none of the goalkeepers are good enough at all.

Benitez took too long to change it, I wouldn't say their second was coming but it always seems that we're behind before subs come on.

Overall once again a really frustrating match that was there to be won. But it's another defeat and at the moment it's hard to see where the next win is coming from. Hopefully Lascelles coming back will help solidify us because going forward (when we actually have the ball that is) I think we're improving.

By the way Leicester were excellent, as many predicted their pace and movement really hurt us. Mahrez in particular was sensational IMO, we couldn't get near him. Think he got tackled once or something ridiculous.

My favourite part of our matches is when Mitrovic gets his cameo and shows that compared to a certain someone, he can actually play football.

Every f***ing time.

[emoji38] aka neither of you watched the match properly and just want to push the Joselu/Mitrovic button regardless of whether the context aligns with it. Joselu and Gayle were the only players that come out with any credibility, both scored and still the Mitrovic fans force out the tears.

Chill out man, I prefer Mitrovic over Joselu, he's a better player in every single aspect. If you don't like me stating that then that's fine, but maybe stop replying every single time with the same s***.

Maybe take your own advice on that front, if you're gonna post then expect replies. Mitrovic isn't going to play, the same points being made isn't limited to his detractors either, both sides have done their points to death. Shoehorning it in after Joselu and Gayle both scored and played well in a match where everyone else was an absolute joke is always likely to get critical posts.

Can't you see the hypocrisy here though? You constantly bang on with your against-Mitrovic agenda, I constantly bang on with my pro-Mitrovic agenda, we're in the exact same boat only I don't feel the need to pull you up on your opinion every single time as you (and 'triggs') do with me. It's tedious man, if you don't like my perspective on the matter then just don't reply to my comments on it, easy. 'Cause you must have replied to the exact same point, with the exact same response at least 4-5 times in the past month. We have two differing opinions on one specific matter, get over it, I did  :lol: :thup:

Nah, I've generally agreed recently that Mitro should be ahead of Joselu in the pecking order and I don't have an anti-Mitro agenda. It just smacks of an agenda from you and others when the only two players we have who played well were strikers and the first person to be mentioned is Mitro

Positives

Attacked quite well I thought.

Gayle was really lively.

Joselu scored(!) and played okay otherwise.

Murphy continues to improve.

Negatives

Sat back too much after the opening goal. It's as though we expect a tough start every week, but do better than expected then don't know what to do so just let the opposition have the ball. At this level they're going to create.

Had literally nothing in centre of the pitch all game, Merino and Hayden worked hard but we were just outmanouvered time and time again.

Centre backs were consistently awful.

Decision-making was absolutely abysmal from start to finish, beginning with the Merino pass that presented them the ball for the first right to the end where we somehow f***ed up a brilliant situation to win it. Just took too long every f***ing time, I was literally screaming PASS THE BALL by the end. So frustrating.

Darlow had a shitter, none of the goalkeepers are good enough at all.

Benitez took too long to change it, I wouldn't say their second was coming but it always seems that we're behind before subs come on.

Overall once again a really frustrating match that was there to be won. But it's another defeat and at the moment it's hard to see where the next win is coming from. Hopefully Lascelles coming back will help solidify us because going forward (when we actually have the ball that is) I think we're improving.

By the way Leicester were excellent, as many predicted their pace and movement really hurt us. Mahrez in particular was sensational IMO, we couldn't get near him. Think he got tackled once or something ridiculous.

A balanced summary.

Guest firetotheworks

Every f***ing time.

Can't you see the hypocrisy here though? You constantly bang on with your against-Mitrovic agenda, I constantly bang on with my pro-Mitrovic agenda, we're in the exact same boat only I don't feel the need to pull you up on your opinion every single time as you (and 'triggs') do with me. It's tedious man, if you don't like my perspective on the matter then just don't reply to my comments on it, easy. 'Cause you must have replied to the exact same point, with the exact same response at least 4-5 times in the past month. We have two differing opinions on one specific matter, get over it, I did  [emoji38] :thup:

No hypocrisy whatsoever, I'm responding to you telling me not to reply, not the other way around,  I've no problem with it carrying on. If you're just looking for people to agree with you then the internet isn't it, like. [emoji38] Aside from that, this is the first time the point has been so obviously and wrongly shoe-horned in. I can't stand Mitrovic, but it's not an agenda, I've said many times that he should have started because I'm not blind. Why anyone would make the point after that match though, I dunno.

Yeh not having that - he busted his ass off to get back there and was just desperately unlucky.

We’re you watching the same game?

Perez was trotting back not paying any attention to what was going on around him.. he started racing back after he gave him 15 yards head start.

I think anyone going to start criticising individual players is missing the point though.. the team has been coached poorly the last while. Our system has been found out and we haven’t even tried to adapt.

It seems like Rafa has written off between now and January. It’s s very dangerous game to be playing..

He should have been shutting shop when we got to 2-2.. every point right now is precious.

Every f***ing time.

Can't you see the hypocrisy here though? You constantly bang on with your against-Mitrovic agenda, I constantly bang on with my pro-Mitrovic agenda, we're in the exact same boat only I don't feel the need to pull you up on your opinion every single time as you (and 'triggs') do with me. It's tedious man, if you don't like my perspective on the matter then just don't reply to my comments on it, easy. 'Cause you must have replied to the exact same point, with the exact same response at least 4-5 times in the past month. We have two differing opinions on one specific matter, get over it, I did  [emoji38] :thup:

No hypocrisy whatsoever, I'm responding to you telling me not to reply, not the other way around,  I've no problem with it carrying on. If you're just looking for people to agree with you then the internet isn't it, like. [emoji38] Aside from that, this is the first time the point has been so obviously and wrongly shoe-horned in. I can't stand Mitrovic, but it's not an agenda, I've said many times that he should have started because I'm not blind. Why anyone would make the point after that match though, I dunno.

I will continue posting about how much I want Mitrovic to start, and how much of a better player he is than Joselu. Up to you whether you want to get your knickers in a twist every time I do so or not. I'd go with the latter if I were you, much easier :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Every f***ing time.

I will continue posting about how much I want Mitrovic to start, and how much of a better player he is than Joselu. Up to you whether you want to get your knickers in a twist every time I do so or not. I'd go with the latter if I were you, much easier :thup:

Wey don't get your knickers in a twist if people reply, it's a two way street. [emoji38]

Every f***ing time.

Wey don't get your knickers in a twist if people reply, it's a two way street. [emoji38]

:lol:

I merely made made the point that it's a bit tedious to reply to every single comment I make about Mitrovic given we've had the discussion multiple times already. No knicker twisting at all. You on the other hand jump straight in every time, on the defensive, because someone is voicing a different opinion on a player to your own.  Gan relax man ya radgie, I'll sort you a nice 10a out :thup:

Surprised we were still in it by 86’ and can’t argue with the result. We’re back in zombie club territory until the takeover happens, so much is wrong at the minute in terms of personnel, tactics, substitutes and attitudes. Atmosphere was fucking wank as well, people just happy to sit there and accept defeat for the most part as soon as it went 1-1 (sub-zero temperature probably didn’t help).

Every f***ing time.

Joselu was fine

Was he? Mitrovic looked much more imposing and more like a football player than Joselu ever will, imo. Joselu tried today but he hasn't got what it takes.

Joselu had a decent game, scored, won countless headers, linked up well with Gayle.

Our inability to keep possession in midfield cost us as did us chasing for a winner and being sucker punched on the break with nobody near the Japanese kid in the penalty area.

Yeh not having that - he busted his ass off to get back there and was just desperately unlucky.

We’re you watching the same game?

Perez was trotting back not paying any attention to what was going on around him.. he started racing back after he gave him 15 yards head start.

I think anyone going to start criticising individual players is missing the point though.. the team has been coached poorly the last while. Our system has been found out and we haven’t even tried to adapt.

It seems like Rafa has written off between now and January. It’s s very dangerous game to be playing..

He should have been shutting shop when we got to 2-2.. every point right now is precious.

Exactly. Hit on the break when we should have closed the game out and settled for a draw. They showed how to do that by keeping it in the corners for the whole 5 minutes injury time.

Every f***ing time.

Joselu was fine

Was he? Mitrovic looked much more imposing and more like a football player than Joselu ever will, imo. Joselu tried today but he hasn't got what it takes.

Joselu had a decent game, scored, won countless headers, linked up well with Gayle.

Our inability to keep possession in midfield cost us as did us chasing for a winner and being sucker punched on the break with nobody near the Japanese kid in the penalty area.

I agree, our forwards & defenders didn't have a hope today really such is how non-existent we were in the middle. Whilst our forwards were given more chances than usual today, they need the help from the middle to make sure the goals they manage count. Didn't get that today sadly.

Every fucking time.

Joselu nearly set up another for Gayle after a neat 1 2 just after we got back to 2-2.

I'm struggling to remember a time Joselu didn't win a header but no one was gambling on his flick ons.

Heartbreak of all heartbreaks. They scored from one bit of terrible keeping, one bit of deflection and an own goal. Yet we looked like conceding each time they ventured forward. Something is rotten at the core of this club and it’s the owner, who through neglect, negligence and apathy has allowed to create an atmosphere of failure that has been incredibly difficult to shake off. And his continued neutering of Rafa in the transfer market is simply more of the same.

Terrible keeping?

If you mean the 1st goal that was down to Merino giving it away with a short hospital ball to Joselu and the midfield allowing Mahrez to run at them.

Darlow got hands to it but was too well struck for him to stop it.