Newcastle United 2-3 Leicester City - 9/12/17 - post match reaction from page 25

Greg

I only watched from Leicester's second onwards, but a combination good stuff and dog shit stuff from us. Usually a shit team just struggles, there is something about us but it's not firing on all cylinders. We're clearly short of the real quality we need. Huge survival changing set of transfers needed in January.

My favourite part of our matches is when Mitrovic gets his cameo and shows that compared to a certain someone, he can actually play football.

Every f***ing time.

Joselu was fine

Yeah I don't think Joselu was bad and he obviously scored. I don't know why Shelvey never got off the bench though.

Yep we were crying out for creativity but nah he must have pissed in Rafas cornflakes.

My favourite part of our matches is when Mitrovic gets his cameo and shows that compared to a certain someone, he can actually play football.

Every f***ing time.

Joselu was fine

Was he? Mitrovic looked much more imposing and more like a football player than Joselu ever will, imo. Joselu tried today but he hasn't got what it takes.

I love that we have Rafa but he has to take his share of the responsibility now. He's getting it wrong every week, against teams around us.

We've only played 1 team you could class as around us for a while now.

I know our players are pretty average but we can't even pass the ball, attack with any structure and our defending has gone to pot. Sorry but that must lay at Rafa's feet in this poor run, poor players or not we're better than we're playing right now. The players aren't solely to blame, tactics and selection by the manager haven't helped.

Rafa has to have some money in January or we're toast.

Guest firetotheworks

Not good enough. We know our players aren't good enough, but that was a joke from every single player bar Gayle and Joselu. Leicester barely showed anything, they weren't accurate, misplaced passes, tried passes that shouldn't come of but did, all because our tackling went straight back to them, we were weak, slow, sloppy, irresponsible, unprofessional, tactically wrong, outnumbered in midfield, and too slow to change it. That match was crying out for Shelvey to put his foot on it in midfield and dictate play.

I hated that match more than any in recent memory, absolutely horrible match.

Every f***ing time.

Joselu was fine

Was he? Mitrovic looked much more imposing and more like a football player than Joselu ever will, imo. Joselu tried today but he hasn't got what it takes.

Mitrovic was on for about five minutes, he'd want to look more imposing. Joselu scored and generally linked it well. The Mitrovic obsession after every single game from some people is embarrassing at times

Toothless in midfield.. it’s embarrassing how soft we are. Nobody willing to put in a tackle and get stuck in.

Merino has been poor today in protecting the back 4.. Hayden has been invisible.

Despite getting back to 2-2, Leicester we’re comfortable all through the game. Passing it right through the middle because they knew nobody would tackle them.

Rafa got it wrong today, again.

Everything we were doing right at the start of the season we’ve stopped doing.

We’re not playing as a hard to beat compact unit any more.. we’re shipping 2, 3, 4 goals a game..

Even with a takeover, and some serious investment.. there’s no guarantee that will pick this bunch of players up now. The total lack of confidence that this squad has could rub off on any player coming in.

Awful effort from us. Managing to scrape back to 2-2 to then get completely exposed again is just pathetic. We’ve done nothing but ship goals since changing systems and it’s time to go back to at least looking solid.

Leicester were very good in the first but had to put so little effort to win that game in the second half.

If there was any positives to take Gayle is looking dangerous and Atsu looked noticeably better than what we had on the pitch.

Everton is a must win now.

I love that we have Rafa but he has to take his share of the responsibility now. He's getting it wrong every week, against teams around us.

We've only played 1 team you could class as around us for a while now.

Watford, West Brom, Bournemouth, Leicester. Unless you mean in terms of quality in the side, then I agree :lol:

A win against any of those and we'd have been top half.

Not good enough. We know our players aren't good enough, but that was a joke from every single player bar Gayle and Joselu. Leicester barely showed anything, they weren't accurate, misplaced passes, tried passes that shouldn't come of but did, all because our tackling went straight back to them, we were weak, slow, sloppy, irresponsible, unprofessional, tactically wrong, outnumbered in midfield, and too slow to change it. That match was crying out for Shelvey to put his foot on it in midfield and dictate play.

Yep, appreciate what Rafa has been trying with Hayden/Merino, but I'd personally drop one of them and bring Shelvey back in for a run of games. He's still our best player imo. Unless there's a way to have all 3 of them playing but tbh I can't be arsed to speculate  :lol:

I cannot remember a team we've played this season who made more mistakes like. A lot of little ones but some absolutely massive clangers too that we really should have capitalised on.

Guest firetotheworks

Every fucking time.

[emoji38] aka neither of you watched the match properly and just want to push the Joselu/Mitrovic button regardless of whether the context aligns with it. Joselu and Gayle were the only players that come out with any credibility, both scored and still the Mitrovic fans force out the tears.