Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

Can't both teams be given no points. Being rewarded in anyway for that is laughable. Not an abnormal performance for us over the past 3/4 years.

The sooner this takeover and transfer window is put to bed the better. Our players look awful. Squad rotation can motivate or disrupt. Our players clearly aren't gelling or showing any ability to create on or off the ball.

I don't know what people are expecting like, that's exactly how we played for the first 1/4 of the season when we were actually picking up regular points. It's absolutely shite to watch and borders on embarrassing but the alternative seems to be shipping 3 goals a game and/or being beaten at home to the likes of Bournemouth.

Yep this ones on Rafa. Total negativity. Players afraid to take a chance.

I’m giving him a pass because of the promise that January brings.

But that was dogshit. As bad as anything under Carver even. CARVER.

Guest neesy111

I don't know what people are expecting like, that's exactly how we played for the first 1/4 of the season when we were actually picking up regular points. It's absolutely shite to watch and borders on embarrassing but the alternative seems to be shipping 3 goals a game and/or being beaten at home to the likes of Bournemouth.

We only lost to Bournemouth in the last minute after lascelles went off injured.

Guest neesy111

I don’t understand why we don’t press high up the pitch at home to a promoted side.

Scared off getting hit on the counter is my most likely guess.

Hard to bear on anyone who went out and paid to watch that shower of shite. It was utter garbage.

We have big problems. I know the lads are lacking confidence, but there was a lack of even the basics there. Shola would walk into that team.

442.  How many lessons u need Rafa?

This the same 4-4-2 everyone reckoned was the solution earlier in the season, and was definitely going to solve our attacking problems? Just checking like.

I am not in the "everyone" list. I said long time ago playing Gayle would disrupt our team chemistry and we must play 4231, starting Joselu and Perez.  Merino again have another poor game today due to fatigue - he is like this every time we play a two men midfield.

Absolutely no fucking surprise we are that shit today when we go for 442.

Guest firetotheworks

The home team have had 43% of possession compared to the away team's 57% :undecided:

Every game is the same. It's what we do, surrender possession so we can try and not get beat.

Funny that, we beat West Ham just the other week with 35% possession whilst apparently 'trying not to get beat'

That's what we do. We go out to not get beat and if we score then brilliant. We never go out to try and take it to a team. I will never warm to this kind of football like, always detested the "not get beat" style. Just takes any kind of enjoyment out of the game of football.

I was taking the p*ss, you'd have to be a bit daft to think that we went out to not get beaten in that West Ham match.

I'm mainly talking about playing this way at home. It isn't right.

I don't agree, Rafa's working with what he has, if you think we should take it to teams indiscriminately, godspeed.

So are you happy with two banks of four in front of our box and letting a team as s*** as Brighton have all the possession? I just don't get it. It's not how it should be done at home, which is why our record is so s***.

I didn't say I was happy, I said Rafa's working with what he has.

He is, I agree with you, but I wish we would do it with the ball more. We set up at home like you would expect for an away game. You should never let the opposition have more of the ball than you at home like, but we set up like that. For me it is nowhere near good enough.

It's been said countless times, but I can't work out why people can agree that Rafa's working with what he has and then complain that we don't dominate possession or take it to teams at home. Which one is it? Is Rafa working with what he has or should we be attacking teams? For me there's a crucial link between the two and a bit of contradiction in terms from people who keep forgetting time and time and time again that these players are nowhere near good enough.

Guest firetotheworks

:thup: People are living in a fantasy world to an extent.