Stoke City 0-1 Newcastle United- 01/01/18 - Post-match reaction from page 29

Greg

Stoke's need for a proper striker is almost as dire as ours.

I'm no big fan of our squad, but I look at Stoke with their array of impotent strikers and Adam and Cameron in midfield, or at Brighton and Bournemouth earlier today, and I think our squad can compete with a good number at the lower end of the league.

Guest neesy111

I can't be the only one that was fairly convinced Berahino would score his first goal in a decade.

Nope, I thought it would be formality.

Went today. First time at Stoke. Not the worst in the new generation of identikit, flat-pack stadiums. But still, meh.

There was some old guy interviewed in the dugout before the game (presumably the club historian/statistician) running through various stats before being asked about players that had played for both teams - mentions Joselu, Owen blah blah before saying his personal favourite, and "Stoke City legend" was Abdoulaye Faye!

That was followed by a montage to all the deceased Stoke fans from the last year, who each had a photo up on the big screen (and there were lots of them) whilst Bridge Over Troubled Water was piped out. Obviously a nice touch for any family present, but christ talk about an atmosphere killer! Then just to make sure they did exactly the same at half time.

Anyway, great result.

I can't be the only one that was fairly convinced Berahino would score his first goal in a decade.

Hadn’t scored for nearly 700 days and not at all for stoke....we bid £25m for him once as well  :lol:

Would love Butland from them but doubt they’ll let him go until the summer where he could be walking away from a relegated club.

Totally forgot Michael Owen had played for Stoke. :lol:

Insignificant compared to legend like Abdoulaye Faye.

This bloke also reckoned that that when some manager left them to join us in the 30's, the Stoke players were so angry they smashed up the club offices.

I think he might have been James Milner's grandad.

Guest Howaythetoon

Totally forgot Michael Owen had played for Stoke. :lol:

Insignificant compared to legend like Abdoulaye Faye.

This bloke also reckoned that that when some manager left them to join us in the 30's, the Stoke players were so angry they smashed up the club offices.

I think he might have been James Milner's grandad.

Tom Mather who took them up into the top-flight and was a bit of a maverick for a manager (trainer really as most clubs were managed by a committee) back in them days. Also gave Stanley Matthews his debut and tried to take him to us. He spent 4 seasons at our club but couldn’t bring back the glory days of winning the league and FA Cup. Bit of a Stoke hero.

Guest Howaythetoon

Faye was a very good CB and was a player I was very happy to see us sign. Don’t quite understand why he was allowed to leave under KK.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is a good player inside Berahino, I’d stil have him at the Toon and feel someone like Rafa would get him up and going again. I doubt we ever actually bid for him as well, certainly not in the region of 25m.

Faye was a very good CB and was a player I was very happy to see us sign. Don’t quite understand why he was allowed to leave under KK.

Didn’t his lass not like it up here or some shit?

There is a good player inside Berahino, I’d stil have him at the Toon and feel someone like Rafa would get him up and going again. I doubt we ever actually bid for him as well, certainly not in the region of 25m.

:thup: Just keep him away from the mandy :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn’t his lass not like it up here or some s***?

Fuck knows.

Didn’t his lass not like it up here or some s***?

He fell out with Keegan and that was the end of him.

Guest Howaythetoon

You would know given your username...

You would know given your username...

It's me cat's name, I'm sad :lol: