The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Had no idea Santon was at Roma until I saw him take a throw in just then.

Is he a regular starter?

Started 3. 90% pass completion, lush on the ball

Liked him but guilty of the worst individual performance I’ve seen for Newcastle.

Cacapa likes this.

Kenedy also

From memory it was on a par if not worse. 0-4 home to Spurs, he was horrific.

Is he a regular starter?

Liked him but guilty of the worst individual performance I’ve seen for Newcastle.

Cacapa likes this.

Kenedy also

Despite almost certainly attending I have zero recollection of said game. Carver?

Is he a regular starter?

Cacapa likes this.

Kenedy also

Despite almost certainly I have zero recollection of said game. Carver?

Pardew...just tried finding an article on it, if ever there was a line to sum Pardew up. No wonder he went out and played like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/12/newcastle-united-tottenham-hotspur-match-report

Davide Santon was dubbed the new Paolo Maldini during his Internazionale days but Pardew has rebranded him as "the new Phil Neville". It was intended as a compliment but hardly seemed to have filled the Italy left-back with confidence

Is he a regular starter?

Cacapa likes this.

Kenedy also

Despite almost certainly I have zero recollection of said game. Carver?

Pardew...just tried finding an article on it, if ever there was a line to sum Pardew up. No wonder he went out and played like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Davide Santon was dubbed the new Paolo Maldini during his Internazionale days but Pardew has rebranded him as "the new Phil Neville". It was intended as a compliment but hardly seemed to have filled the Italy left-back with confidence

Classic King.

Is he a regular starter?

Cacapa likes this.

Kenedy also

Despite almost certainly attending I have zero recollection of said game. Carver?

Midweek game iirc, think Chadli scored.

Is he a regular starter?

Cacapa likes this.

Kenedy also

Midweek game iirc, think Chadli scored.

Aye just reading up now.

“But they failed to score for the seventh time in their past eight Premier League matches”. [/good old days]

Sammy starting ahead of Ben Afri n all.

Sounds like a great evening.

He's not very good and is carried by the absolute quality around him. Sub any remotely competent DM for him and fuck all changes.

He's not a DM though.

He's a good passer of the ball it seems. Off the ball i'm not sure what he offers.

JYQWuK0.png

he's playing at DM for Arsenal

He's playing a deep midfielder role, that doesn't make him a defensive midfielder (I assume this is what you meant).

Going on whoscored his only "very good" strength is passing. With long-shots and set-pieces his other strengths. So he can pass and strike / deliver a ball well. You would like to think a DM would be good at interceptions, tackling and concentration.

Going on Torreira's page his strengths are what i've listed. Tackling, concentration, interceptions, blocking the ball among others.

For me Xhaka is a very good passer at times but not much else. His role  is a deep lying playmaker almost.  I'm not sure that's enough. He's no Pirlo, he won't control the game from there.

Santon was shite quite a lot but I always liked him because he could play football

Classy on the ball aye.

I've never seen a player ball watch as much as Santon.  Don't rate him at all.

But this is it. Great on the ball ability in terms of short passing and carrying the ball. Good 1v1 but any other type of defending... woeful.