The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

This commentator on BT going on like Man Utd were leading 3-0 going into this game

Same old typical Man United bias. "Whoever gets Sevilla next will be happy" completely ignoring the fact that the alternative was the team that's just deservedly lost 2-1 at home to Sevilla.

how the f*** did they go from playing pretty damn well vs Liverpool on Saturday to this s*** today?

They sucker punched Liverpool and then defended well

Standard.

Mourinho is at his happiest going against teams that throw their players forward, so he can sit back first.

His teams never ever takes the initative. He's shocking man. Completely demoralises players that are forward thinking ones too. It's why they never look good going forward.

This commentator on BT going on like Man Utd were leading 3-0 going into this game

Same old typical Man United bias. "Whoever gets Sevilla next will be happy" completely ignoring the fact that the alternative was the team that's just deservedly lost 2-1 at home to Sevilla.

well they will be delighted because its not as if Sevilla are even that good it was Man Utd who were that bad over 2 legs

Just before Sevilla got two goals the comm was criticising them for coming and playing for a 0-0. In the first leg Man Utd were praised to the high heavens for playing for and getting a 0-0. Properly baffling.

The comment after the first leg were insane. No away goal is suicide at this level. I'd prefer 0-0 at home to away every time.

Guest firetotheworks

well they will be delighted because its not as if Sevilla are even that good it was Man Utd who were that bad over 2 legs

Bit of both imo. Sevilla were only a David De Gea away from beating them well at home. Had Man United gone through, you'd want to get drawn with them as well.

Unless Chelsea somehow go through tomorrow, Sevilla would be the team I'd want in the next round like.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho is a busted flush. He needs a year out or something. Sanchez is a top player but he will not shine in this team, nor Pogba who is never and never will be a world-class player. If we played like that even with our shite team I’d be unhappy. They should go all out for Pochettino.

This didn't even look like a champions league knockout game... Man Utd were so incredibly poor.

Sevilla were really very very average on the  whole. Wow.

Bit of a contrast between our games and theirs.

Makes me feel (slightly) better.

Guest firetotheworks

Just before Sevilla got two goals the comm was criticising them for coming and playing for a 0-0. In the first leg Man Utd were praised to the high heavens for playing for and getting a 0-0. Properly baffling.

The comment after the first leg were insane. No away goal is suicide at this level. I'd prefer 0-0 at home to away every time.

Reminds me of the 'Job done' narrative when Chelsea drew 0-0 at the Nou Camp in 2009. The lack of knowledge they had about what Barca were regularly doing to teams home or away at that time was something to behold, the absolute height of cluelessness.

Guest firetotheworks

Mourinho is a busted flush. He needs a year out or something. Sanchez is a top player but he will not shine in this team, nor Pogba who is never and never will be a world-class player. If we played like that even with our shite team I’d be unhappy. They should go all out for Pochettino.

Pogba was already world class at Juve, man. Christ.

Bit of both imo. Sevilla were only a David De Gea away from beating them well at home. Had Man United gone through, you'd want to get drawn with them as well.

its down to the approach, Man Utd set up like they were playing Barca/Real etc and were just hoping for a sneaky 1-0 instead of being against a fairly average Sevilla who may well have fallen apart with any kind of attacking pressure applied

Reminds me of the 'Job done' narrative when Chelsea drew 0-0 at the Nou Camp in 2009. The lack of knowledge they had about what Barca were regularly doing to teams home or away at that time was something to behold, the absolute height of cluelessness.

Same goes for when Chelsea got a 0-0 at Atletico in 2014. 0-0 first leg away draws in the CL are never good results.