The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

VI since you have been supporting Barca or have known of them what would you consider your worst era/time in terms of decade or year when it come to the ability or talent of your side? I ask because Messi aside and Iniesta despite his age, it seems some are calling this a poor Barca team. As far as I can remember yous have always had a good team with top players, albeit I’m reconciling that with what I consider a good team with good players here In the UK. Pep’s Barca were undoubtedly a stellar team packed full of some of the best players ever which may be hard to match, but are this team that far behind and have Barca ever been that far behind? To me you are still a top team with top players and again as far as I can remember have always been.

In the early 2000s Barcelona were regularly finishing 4th and 5th.

The season we beat them with Asprilla, they actually came below us, bottom of the group in the first stage of CL. Though I was surprised to see that, despite that, they won La Liga.

They came 6th the next time they knocked us out with Kluivert, and look a lot better!

We were quite ordinary in the 1980s. In the late 1980s in particular, the club was going nowhere pretty fast until Cruyff came. But as others have said, we didn't achieve our current status until relatively recently. Our glory era before the 1990s was the 1950s. During the 1960s-1980s we would like, win the league once in a decade. We were a pretty good cup team though.

Early 2000s was certainly dire, as we were dangerously close to slipping back to the second tier after our growth in the 1990s, due to mismanagement on and off the pitch. We were below NUFC in the money league at some point, IIRC.

We were quite ordinary in the 1980s. In the late 1980s in particular, the club was going nowhere pretty fast until Cruyff came. But as others have said, we didn't achieve our current status until relatively recently. Our glory era before the 1990s was the 1950s. During the 1960s-1980s we would like, win the league once in a decade. We were a pretty good cup team though.

Early 2000s was certainly dire, as we were dangerously close to slipping back to the second tier after our growth in the 1990s, due to mismanagement on and off the pitch. We were below NUFC in the money league at some point, IIRC.

I remember a year in the early 2000’s when you were in relegation trouble at Christmas time, but managed to secure a UEFA Cup spot at the end of the season. I think Rijkaard coming in turned you around.