The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Honestly think Real Madrid will murder any of the teams left

People seems to have forgotten about Bayern. Different beast under Heynckes. My favourite to win it all. Only team that has a midfield that can compete with Reals. Would love to see anyone bar Real Madrid win it this year. Would love a Liverpool - Roma/Bayern Final.

:notbad:

Simply more commentary from Peter Drury that will make your skin crawl.

As in good or bad? As I think that's excellent commentary personally, and is one of the more memorable lines said in the past few years.

Guest firetotheworks

As in good or bad? As I think that's excellent commentary personally, and is one of the more memorable lines said in the past few years.

Bad. I can't stand him and his scripted, patronising, hyperbolic drivel. Admittedly it works a lot better in this situation because there's actual drama to match his cringe-fest, but it's a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day because he goes on like that when someone wins a throw-in. You should have heard the way he was going on when Leeds beat Man United 1-0 in the F.A Cup. You'd think he was commentating on an ant chinning a shark.

That commentary is proper cringe, like, and just massively unnecessary. I was watching the BT Gazetta documentary the other week and they made a great point about Brackley's commentating and how he didn't take it too seriously - he didn't try and take over the moment & make it 'epic'. Drury sounds like JR during a Hell in a Cell match.

Guest firetotheworks

Is Drury one of the main Pro Evo commentators?

He is, along with Jim Beglin. Anyone, including Clive Tyldsley would be better.

Guest firetotheworks

Manolas scoring is going to make my ongoing pursuit of the required agent combinations to sign him on Pro Evo a bit harder now. Some say that that's the greatest tragedy in all of this. 

Bad. I can't stand him and his scripted, patronising, hyperbolic drivel. Admittedly it works a lot better in this situation because there's actual drama to match his cringe-fest, but it's a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day because he goes on like that when someone wins a throw-in. You should have heard the way he was going on when Leeds beat Man United 1-0 in the F.A Cup. You'd think he was commentating on an ant chinning a shark.

*frantic nod*

Still in shock. Dunno what happened yesterday. For all our issues, that was not the team I have been watching this season.

It was the same team that turned up against Sevilla 2 weeks ago: I didn't think they could play THAT bad again

I just don't get Valverde's 4-4-2 formation; it just stifles the whole team