The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I despise Real, but Lucas isn't flopping, he's going to put his head to the ball and score. If Benatia doesn't touch the ball first, I still haven't seen a clear replay then it's a penalty tbf. Do think the red card is a bit weak however. What is the ref expecting after making a decision like that in this game?

He didnt touch it at all. Just ploughed straight through Lucas.

Then it's a penalty imo. If he doesn't touch the ball then it has to be a penalty...

Tbf, regardless of your views on the penalty decision - after all of the time in-between the decision, then the sending off, Szchesny coming on, there's a lot of time to think about it, let people get in your ear and end up fluffing it. With all of that in mind it's an absolutely incredible penalty from Harry Kane.

[emoji38]

As clear a pen as you'll see. The defender went right through him without touching the ball.

Likewise the ref had no choice with the red card. Buffon was right in his face, made physical contact, and was shouting at the top of his voice.

I think the studio pundits felt a bit sorry for Juve, and most of us would have liked to see them complete the fightback. It just wasn't to be.

Tbf, regardless of your views on the penalty decision - after all of the time in-between the decision, then the sending off, Szchesny coming on, there's a lot of time to think about it, let people get in your ear and end up fluffing it. With all of that in mind it's an absolutely incredible penalty from Harry Kane.

If this is your own work then fair play. :lol:

I know I'm a geet miserable twat after that tonight but the new "Harry Kane has just claimed ________'s goal" and "great goal from Harry Kane" is already absolutely lifting craic.

Nah it's funny like. This era's John Terry lifting every trophy.

As clear a pen as you'll see. The defender went right through him without touching the ball.

Likewise the ref had no choice with the red card. Buffon was right in his face, made physical contact, and was shouting at the top of his voice.

I think the studio pundits felt a bit sorry for Juve, and most of us would have liked to see them complete the fightback. It just wasn't to be.

I don't get the Juventus love-in tbh. I wanted them to win just for something different, but if it had been one of the big English clubs, or a Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich that did what they did 12-13 years or so ago, I doubt they would be admired the same way.

I know I'm a geet miserable twat after that tonight but the new "Harry Kane has just claimed ________'s goal" and "great goal from Harry Kane" is already absolutely lifting craic.

Haydn shaton. AHAHAHAHA

If this is your own work then fair play. :lol:

:lol: aye

Juve have let themselves down here like. Petulant arseholes acting like spoilt brats. I liked them before the last 10 minutes. :lol:

I don't get this view. It's an emotional game ffs. They were inches away from one of the greatest comebacks ever. Their reaction is totally understandable.

Nah, not having that. If it was the wrong decision you could just about argue their case, but not there.

What a load of shite.

:thup: People expecting them to applaud the decision?

If that had been Man Utd under Sir Alex they'd have got criticism for it.

Aye, I'd probably give them pelters, but I'd still understand them losing their cool.

I don't get the Juventus love-in tbh. I wanted them to win just for something different, but if it had been one of the big English clubs, or a Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich that did what they did 12-13 years or so ago, I doubt they would be admired the same way.

The "but calciopoli" is a bit like the mackems going "but 6 in a row".

Punishment was given, it was served, and they're back to where they were before. That vile homophobic prick Moggi is not in football in Italy anymore.

1 team from England, Spain, Italy & Germany in the semis. Never happened before

European Cup 1981. Liverpool beat Bayern in the Semis & Real Madrid in the Final apparently. :lol:

ah might just be CL then what I saw

Im guessing it’s more because it’s Madrid as the most vocal against the decision are the Barca fanboys. Must be killing them that Messi has been invisible at this stage in the competition for 3 years in a row now whereas Madrid will progress as favourites again.

Guest firetotheworks

If this is your own work then fair play. [emoji38]

It's mine, unless someone else tries to claim it. :shifty:

Im guessing it’s more because it’s Madrid as the most vocal against the decision are the Barca fanboys. Must be killing them that Messi has been invisible at this stage in the competition for 3 years in a row now whereas Madrid will progress as favourites again.

Dat bait.

I would be on the ‘is a penalty’ side after seeing it ten times but still think it’s a little harsh.

He is running to close him down and does put his hands on his back but it is more try and stop him crashing into him than out of malicious intent of pushing him to the ground. You could argue if you were running and about to go head straight into something stretching your arms out to try and lower the impact is a natural, automatic reaction.

Attacker of course only needs to feel the wind touch him to go down to the ground.

Just about the right decision by the ref I feel but a very difficult one. Given he’s only seen it once in real time he’s done good.