The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Oliver did great throughout the situation like.

It was a penalty, but I don't agree Buffon should have been sent off. It that situation, id be fuming like, and Oliver should have had the presence of mind to realise the situation the game was in and take a step back.

Oliver did great throughout the situation like.

It was a penalty, but I don't agree Buffon should have been sent off. It that situation, id be fuming like, and Oliver should have had the presence of mind to realise the situation the game was in and take a step back.

Players have been allowed to be utter cunts to refs for years. I'm all for a line being drawn tbh.

It's ridiculous to imply that because a team had clawed back a 3 goal deficit, the ref should take that into account when making a decision over a correct call.

I love the "garbage bin in place of a heart" as an insult though :lol:

Disappointing that a true great completely loses it like that. And the fact is it was a pen all day, the ref had a good view and made a quick decision.

:lol: Disappointing :lol: Agree that it was a pen, but what do you expect from the Juventus players and Buffon?

Disappointing that a true great completely loses it like that. And the fact is it was a pen all day, the ref had a good view and made a quick decision.

:lol: Disappointing :lol: Agree that it was a pen, but what do you expect from the Juventus players and Buffon?

I get that it was injury time in one of the great comebacks. I get that it changed the tie with the last kick. However, the boundaries of acceptable behaviour are pretty clear, and the ref felt Buffon went outside them. He could have booked the lot of them, the way the Juve players mobbed him.

And yeah, disappointing that one of the greatest keepers of the past 30-40 years took a little shine off his legacy. He's one of those players that transcends club or country because he's that good; he is admired by so many, and to see him behave like that...

I'm surprised by how many people are so passionate on here about things like this. As a Newcastle fan, I don't really give a shit who wins what, I watch games like that as a neutral and for entertainment value. Obviously there's players of other teams I like watching, the way some teams play, etc but with no loyalty and not particularly fussed by the outcome. Was funny seeing the posts last night from normally level headed posters over a game with little to do with them. Probably just me. :lol: