The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Disappointing that a true great completely loses it like that. And the fact is it was a pen all day, the ref had a good view and made a quick decision.

:lol: Disappointing :lol: Agree that it was a pen, but what do you expect from the Juventus players and Buffon?

I get that it was injury time in one of the great comebacks. I get that it changed the tie with the last kick. However, the boundaries of acceptable behaviour are pretty clear, and the ref felt Buffon went outside them. He could have booked the lot of them, the way the Juve players mobbed him.

And yeah, disappointing that one of the greatest keepers of the past 30-40 years took a little shine off his legacy. He's one of those players that transcends club or country because he's that good; he is admired by so many, and to see him behave like that...

Tainted his legacy? So in 10 years you are going to look back at his career and think about that?

Even as a neutral i felt anxious watching the game yesterday, i think Allegri should've made a change or two when it was clear his players were completely knackered, woke up today trying to figure out if the last minute penalty and Buffon getting sent off really did happen or not :lol:

The two sides of Ronaldo in these two legs like. Utter genius and then bravado over a pen in a game where he's been anonymous.

You clearly have an agenda against Ronaldo which is distorting your view of the Ronaldo v Messi debate. (Yeah, here we go again.)

Maybe he wasn't good throughout the match, yes. But, considering earlier on you brought up the notion that both push each other on (i agree), on this occasion Ronaldo was the one that produced. 

Of course you will say something along the line that it was aided by a penalty. But it was him that won the crucial header that helped win the penalty. Instead your description of the performance as 'anonymous'. Shows quite a bias there from you, really.

It might not be as 'beautiful' as a Messi solo goal, but the debate here is about their effectiveness. I don't see why Ronaldo is considered inferior to Messi.

Clearly there is nothing separating them.

Disappointing that a true great completely loses it like that. And the fact is it was a pen all day, the ref had a good view and made a quick decision.

:lol: Disappointing :lol: Agree that it was a pen, but what do you expect from the Juventus players and Buffon?

I get that it was injury time in one of the great comebacks. I get that it changed the tie with the last kick. However, the boundaries of acceptable behaviour are pretty clear, and the ref felt Buffon went outside them. He could have booked the lot of them, the way the Juve players mobbed him.

And yeah, disappointing that one of the greatest keepers of the past 30-40 years took a little shine off his legacy. He's one of those players that transcends club or country because he's that good; he is admired by so many, and to see him behave like that...

Buffon needs to look at his own behaviour. If the penalty had been saved, he'd have left his team to play half an hour with 10 men and the second choice keeper.

In a saner world, Buffon would apologise to the ref, his team-mates and his club's supporters. I'm not holding my breath.

In a saner world, Buffon would apologise to the ref, his team-mates and his club's supporters. I'm not holding my breath.

:spit:

Love how people expected Buffon to act completely normal in that situation :lol: Just totally unrealistic.

Exactly, especially so given that the penalty could be seen as debatable. :lol:

I'd be doing the exact same thing, I'd be seething, as would most people I know. :lol:

Love how people expected Buffon to act completely normal in that situation :lol: Just totally unrealistic.

It's still no excuse or a reason he shouldn't be sent-off though.

Thought the sending off was harsh personally, Oliver should have appreciated the gravity of the decision he had just made and applied a bit of common sense.

That said, we don’t know what Buffon actually said to him.

A lot of the Italian press seem to be arguing that the ref should have realised it was more romantic for Juve to win and should have acted accordingly. As much as it pains me to say but it was a pen, soft or not still we'd be screaming not to get a pen in the same circumstances and Buffon's behaviour was absolutely unacceptable and should have been sent off. he is supposed to be the mature captain.

It all reeks a bit of as much as I was rooting for Juve ahead of Real Madrid, of the kind of outrage you can only muster if you are used to decisions forever going for you in your own league because you are Juventus and the champions etc etc. Really they should be looking at how they conceded 3 goals at home, yes one was a wondergoal but they also scored 2 more. That's why you lost, not the referee correctly applying the laws of the game.

Fair play to UEFA for making CSKA kick off at 10pm this evening. Absolutely unnecessary.

Am I right in thinking CL games next season will start at 5:30 pm and 8pm?

Considering people generally work 9-5 or 10-6 in Europe that's some ask for an early game.....

And Buffon screaming in the refs face, forcing him to step backwards with aggressive behaviour. As annoying as it was being Buffon's last hurrah, it's a clear a red for dissent as you'll ever see. The ref had no choice at all.