The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Some of the reds shown already this season are really disheartening to me.

It is fast becoming a contactless sport. Soon any form of slide tackle will be subject to a red. I am a big fan of a good slide tackle but they are dying a slow death it is sad to say.

I don't think the Vardy one is a red. If were a head-on tackle and the other player was behind the ball when Vardy starts to play it, then fair enough, but he wasn't. It looks like they are at right angles. The other player runs into the follow through of a fair attempt that gets to the ball first. A yellow for over enthusiasm at most, I reckon.

I don't think the Vardy one is a red. If were a head-on tackle and the other player was behind the ball when Vardy starts to play it, then fair enough, but he wasn't. It looks like they are at right angles. The other player runs into the follow through of a fair attempt that gets to the ball first. A yellow for over enthusiasm at most, I reckon.

It was excessive force, clear red in terms of the law these days.

Finally got to see the tackles. I’m in the camp that says Vardy’s is a clear red. I mean sure, he gets the ball, but the follow-through is obviously intended to take out the player. He knew exactly what he was doing, it was deliberately dangerous. In contrast, Hayden’s should have been a yellow. His studs were showing but there was just no malice, violence or especial recklessness.

He went clear in the back of him studs first into his calf, if Hayden's wasn't a red i don't know what is.

O0

It's a cowards tackle imo, straight down the back of a players calf. As clear a red as you'll ever see, because it wasn't overly dirty, that's why some think it's not that bad imo, but it's a rotten tackle.

Finally got to see the tackles. I’m in the camp that says Vardy’s is a clear red. I mean sure, he gets the ball, but the follow-through is obviously intended to take out the player. He knew exactly what he was doing, it was deliberately dangerous. In contrast, Hayden’s should have been a yellow. His studs were showing but there was just no malice, violence or especial recklessness.

Me too, that's a proper nasty one, you might win the ball but you know you hitting the opposition player high with all studs and full force through his leg. Too right that's a red.

But leffe we saw his STUDS

Its almost like its much more dangerous to go in with your studs up

:thup: We should outlaw studs imo. Or make it so that players who lift their feet off the ground are immediately sent off.

:thup: We should outlaw studs imo. Or make it so that players who lift their feet off the ground are immediately sent off.

Make it bare feet. Or better still, sponge boots.

Make it bare feet. Or better still, sponge boots.

!invest

Should be allowed break people’s legs by going in with your studs up IMO

Should be allowed break people’s legs by going in with your studs up IMO

That's a preposterous suggestion.