The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Ah fair, not seen the Real decision but the Fiorantina penalty was the correct call in my opinion.

Wait until you see the R Madrid decision - it’s hilarious

My take is this: Without VAR, there’s a chance the ref saw a different angle etc. With VAR we now know he’s corrupt.

https://twitter.com/InterYaSkrinYa/status/1099791216722538496

Look how long it takes him to review it as well. Pathetic.

VAR is going to be so fun in the Premier League next season.  :lol:

The fact that this does look like handball to some people shows that it's not that controversal. RIP Serie A FFS.

I'm still not 100% sure after watching that.

Linesman are going to have to sort their act out, twice today they put flag up for offside when should have let play continue, think that part is going to be a shitshow next year with VAR

They can/should only flag if it's a blatently obvious offside, anything close they simply have to allow play to continue.

That or the players need to be told to ignore the flag and play on regardless until the ball goes dead.

This is where teams playing the clock down at the end of the game will waste loads of extra time and their legitimate excuse will be that they were waiting for the VAR decision, the likes of Big Sam and Tony Pulis will lap it up.

The fact that this does look like handball to some people shows that it's not that controversal. RIP Serie A FFS.

Yep, ridiculously over dramatic!

Bigger issue was that awful camera angle at Wembley. 

Penalties are the rewards for a shit 0-0 final. But the angle ruined it.

Angle was awful.

I thought it was class, really showed how hard penalties actually are.

Me too, the goal looked tiny and the keepers huge, Hazards pen looked great as well

Bigger issue was that awful camera angle at Wembley. 

Penalties are the rewards for a s*** 0-0 final. But the angle ruined it.

Angle was awful.

I thought it was class, really showed how hard penalties actually are.

Me too, the goal looked tiny and the keepers huge, Hazards pen looked great as well

It made the goal look smaller than it is...anyone who has taken a penalty at any level will know that you have a massive area to put the ball, but it's all about the pressure.

Of course it’s controversial. If the referee has to watch it 50 odd times before making a decision it’s probably not handball. It’s almost as if he was trying convince himself it was. Even you said you weren’t sure, so you wouldn’t have given it then? Cant just guess at these things.

RIP football more like.

Of course it’s controversial. If the referee has to watch it 50 odd times before making a decision it’s probably not handball. It’s almost as if he was trying convince himself it was. Even you said you weren’t sure, so you wouldn’t have given it then? Cant just guess at these things.

RIP football more like.

That's a bit dramatic. The system isn't perfect but its an improvement and it'll be tweaked with time.

As for this decision, it's not a clear handball, therefore its not an obvious error and shouldn't have been overturned.