The other games today 2018/19

Greg

The arm's at his side where else is supposed to put it?

I agree, but also look at his right hand. He puts it out flat like he's going to "block" the ball with it.  I can't describe it any better than that, but you'll see it when you look for it.  Definitely looks like he was going for it then thought 'oh shit' and tried to get the arm out of the way

here

2BZYY6o.png

Guest neesy111

The arm's at his side where else is supposed to put it?

I agree, but also look at his right hand. He puts it out flat like he's going to "block" the ball with it.  I can't describe it any better than that, but you'll see it when you look for it.  Definitely looks like he was going for it then thought 'oh shit' and tried to get the arm out of the way

here

2BZYY6o.png

True but I hate the use of slow motion in stuff like this.  Can only judge in real time imo.

~90% of handball penalties that are awared with VAR are not penalties and this is affecting the game at the highest level. The one in the World Cup final was not a penalty, nor was the one tonight. This was already the most nonsensical and arbitrary part of football and VAR has made it substantially worse. It is ludicrous and a scourge upon the game to for the biggest matches in football to be decided by this rubbish.

~90% of handball penalties that are awared with VAR are not penalties and this is affecting the game at the highest level. The one in the World Cup final was not a penalty, nor was the one tonight. This was already the most nonsensical and arbitrary part of football and VAR has made it substantially worse. It is ludicrous and a scourge upon the game to for the biggest matches in football to be decided by this rubbish.

:thup:

Gonna be like La Liga where all ball on arm action is a pen/FK.

Guest firetotheworks

I've changed my mind and don't think it's a pen, with the caveat that I do still think you see them given and I don't think it's that controversial a decision.

Look at it in full speed man, that's not a penalty in a million years. :lol:

Giving pens like that just makes it a lottery, the defender's done fuck all wrong - he's being punished for pure luck. A team should not be rewarded with a pen for wacking a ball off someone's arm.

Guest firetotheworks

Does anybody really think that not giving that penalty was a clear and obvious error, as that is what VAR is meant to be used for?

I don't think even those that think it's a pen would think that, like. Aside from Peter Walton and the referee's alliance.

:thup: Only good thing is that VAR might bring some consistency but it's still a joke that whether you get it or not depends on the referee's individual view about what is a handball.

:lol: I would honestly sack Tuchel, that was a disgraceful and arrogant performance. I imagine Cavani could have played more than 3 minutes if he was on the bench.

They were way better than Man Utd like. 3 errors/bad decision by the ref