Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

They paid us £1m per appearance for a GK who we haven't missed for one second.

After the Lingard loan malarky, its a small form of payback.

Exactly. :lol: Pointless.

He’s been a very good ‘keeper for us and is still more than capable, there is something very off about his whole loan move to Man Utd though, did he throw a hissy fit having signed Pope as number one? Did he agitate for a permanent move and the club refused? Did he have a falling out with the manager? Who knows. I’d personally sell and I’d rather keep the ex Liverpool ‘keeper. Dubravka always takes a while to get into form when having not played for a while and yes he’s a good ‘keeper to have as number 2, but that he needs a few run of games to get back into form needs taken into account.

Edited by King HTT III

If he could get his head around being a back up, it would leave us with a helluva GK set up for next season IMHO.

I hadn't appreciated just how good Pope was until seeing him live. He's miles better than Dubravka who I've always liked and hadn't felt he'd let us down really but Pope is something else. He's so alert and quick off his line that he extinguishes dangerous balls/potential 1 on 1's with ease.

If we could convince him to stay and get cup games (and hopefully some European football) next season, then I'd probably opt for keeping Karius and selling Darlow and releasing Gillespie.

7 hours ago, Minhosa said:

I went to Brighton away and Pope essentially got us that point because they outplayed us throughout. Some of his saves were phenomenal. I think if Dubravka starts that game, we'd not have got the point.

Dubravaka would have cost us several points by now IMO.  No way he keeps all of those clean sheets.

Edit: already taking Pope for granted. 

Edited by gazza ladra

7 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Dubravaka would have cost us several points by now IMO.  No way he keeps all of those clean sheets.

Edit: already taking Pope for granted. 

Fwiw, Dubravka 2022.

P19, 7 clean sheets, 20 conceded.

10 of those conceded came in 2 games and he didn't have the benefit of playing behind Trippier for the bulk of that time or Botman, or an established Eddie Howe side.