Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Terrible bit of goalkeeping.  But we can't say anything negative can we?  This board would be up in arms.

Course you can, it's a statement of fact. Keepers make mistakes that are at risk of being more costly than other players. This guy is well in credit when it comes to poins saved/lost. Just needs a bit of perspective which you chose to ignore.

Terrible bit of goalkeeping.  But we can't say anything negative can we?  This board would be up in arms.

Literally the 4 posts above yours say it was an error, doylum.

Shut up and let him tell it like it is.

A mistake, but not that bad a one. The ball was swerving and bounced right in front of him.

He's a great shot-stopper, but not always sure of himself when coming for crosses. That's his usual weakness, but still our best keeper for some time, as others have said.

• 3 weeks later...

Great keeper.

But....

He point blank refuses to release it early. Few times yesterday he could easily have released it to players already running. He didn't. He waited til all their players got back into position.He does it almost routinely now. For a counter attacking team it's utterly stupid he doesn't release it asap.

Great keeper.

But....

He point blank refuses to release it early. Few times yesterday he could easily have released it to players already running. He didn't. He waited til all their players got back into position.He does it almost routinely now. For a counter attacking team it's utterly stupid he doesn't release it asap.

We hardly move out at pace though, we 100% have everyone back on corners too.

Nee fucker to release it too 9/10

Great keeper.

But....

This is Rafa's instructions to him.

He's fucking class. Hard to rate him amongst our keepers as most have always had issues. Given was an amazing shotstopper and had a reasonable all round game. Pav was good but he wasn't amazing he was a loveable bastard though.  Krul had all the potential in the world but Pards fucked him.

He is probably the best in my lifetime yes I am a 92er as I was born in 82 and can't remember that much from before Keegan taking over other than the odd thing but hard to say.

I am sure we have had better keepers before my time but he is probably the best I have seen but it is early days.  Him, Schar and Lejeune for what - 15 million is fucking awesome.

Great keeper.

But....

This is Rafa's instructions to him.

Not just dubravka. Elliot did exactly the same. Maybe coaches are a bit laboured in their thinking.

As it’s been said it’s not Dubs problem. The problem is on corners or defensive set pieces we have everyone back and no one further out as an outlet.

It’s frustrating because you are relying on the keeper catching it, or then wasting a chance and it going out of play, and hoping no one from the opposition from outside the box picks up the 2nd ball.

The coaches will say that it allows you to be more solid defensively though.