Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

That flap at the cross 90 (+7) when Soucek chested it wide 😳😱

Horrific 

I was 99% certain that was in.

That first West Ham goal never happens yesterday with Pope in goal either , he would have been straight off his line to sweep up. I can't work out if he's always been this bad and we just accepted it because we were rubbish anyway or if he's actually regressed as a goalie .

9 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

That first West Ham goal never happens yesterday with Pope in goal either , he would have been straight off his line to sweep up. I can't work out if he's always been this bad and we just accepted it because we were rubbish anyway or if he's actually regressed as a goalie .

Regressed and our formation requires a sweeper keeper.

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

I think it's because we weren't used to a sweeper keeper before hand so now it's so obvious that he's not suited to our team. 

Their goal off the free kick... When the ball is played to Bowen he shifts over to the left post, when the ball is played to Kudus, he doesn't move more central of the goal, the ball is basically hit in the middle of the goal and it still goes in

19 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Their goal off the free kick... When the ball is played to Bowen he shifts over to the left post, when the ball is played to Kudus, he doesn't move more central of the goal, the ball is basically hit in the middle of the goal and it still goes in

yeah i mentioned this earlier.

even one step to the right as the ball is crossed and he saves it.

Bowen's goal being a one on one just gets presumed the attackers scoring without heroics but with the naked eye and the more you see its Dubravka is just so unconvincing on it. Slow going down, probably didn't need to go down at all it was that near to him you could save with your feet, going down in installments - went down like someone protecting a broken right arm or something.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Impressive how he got a full hand on the pen and still managed to help it into the net. Obviously Dummett's fault but still irritating.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Impressive how he got a full hand on the pen and still managed to help it into the net. Obviously Dummett's fault but still irritating.

Weak hand

Will raise my hand and shamefully admit when Pope first joined I thought he was a sidewards step in comparison to Dubravka and was in the same bracket/level.

Fucking hell was I wrong. Although at times I have seen people blame Dubravka for things that aren't entirely his fault, generally when we concede a penalty and need him to save it or if he is in a 1-on-1 situation, I have zero confidence in him since he's come back. I think earlier during his time here he was such a clear improvement on Darlow in terms of confidence and shot stopping and he cost peanuts which is what endeared him to many.

Edited by Amir_9

• 2 weeks later...

He made a misjudgment on one occasion coming out of his box. It was interesting because he would never normally come out that far so they’re obviously trying to get him to be less static on his line. Apart from that he struggled to claim one ball that was fired straight at him. Not going to knock his performance today though, he didn’t need to do much at all because Spurs were awful

19 minutes ago, andycap said:

The one weakness in our performance today was this fella scared to come out his box. 

Thankfully he didn't have a save to make

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

He made a misjudgment on one occasion coming out of his box. It was interesting because he would never normally come out that far so they’re obviously trying to get him to be less static on his line. Apart from that he struggled to claim one ball that was fired straight at him. Not going to knock his performance today though, he didn’t need to do much at all because Spurs were awful

i think he'd had a bollocking from schar minutes earlier for not coming out for one.

then when the chance arose again he overdid it and came out too soon and too far.