Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

On 25/04/2024 at 15:58, Nine said:

The Pope injury cost us far more points than any other 

I blame the person on here who said we just need Pope to get injured so we can field an injured XI. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Still maintain he's a perfectly suitable reserve keeper. However, if there's serious concerns about Popes shoulder we should probably look into getting a new keeper in. He's not good enough to play the majority of our games, which I assume he'd do if Popes shoulder went to shit again.

How is he a suitable reserve keeper but not suitable to play most of our games? You surely need someone who can step in and it not make a big difference. Such as Kelleher at Liverpool. 

Dubravka is slow off his line (if he bothers to come off the fucker at all), he doesn’t command his area at all, he’s shocking at one on ones, his wrists are made out of blu tac and he only makes basic saves. Hes a ticking time bomb. The defence has been shambolic since Pope got injured

I thought maybe as the defence got used to him playing we’d get better and he would start to show his 2018 form, but he looks just as useless. Doesn’t fill me with confidence at all for the future if we don’t get rid and sign a capable second choice, or even first choice. 

Edited by Danh1

The fact he’s not comfy coming off line is the issue, means we sit a lot deeper and thus the press is far less effective. 

No sweeper keeper no party.

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

The fact he’s not comfy coming off line is the issue, means we sit a lot deeper and thus the press is far less effective. 

No sweeper keeper no party.

Wouldn’t be against us getting a new number one and keeping Pope as back up/cups. 

Harsh as Pope has been class but a keeper who is comfortable with the ball would be a huge help. 

Just now, Danh1 said:

Wouldn’t be against us getting a new number one and keeping Pope as back up/cups. 

Harsh as Pope has been class but a keeper who is comfortable with the ball would be a huge help. 

Mamardashvili would be sex.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

He's been a good servant (weird Man Utd fanboy phase aside) but he needs replacing in the summer.

I hate slagging any of our players but this bloke tests my patience.  Mind you I have said this for two years now.  So it's not knee jerk by me.  The bloke is hopeless.  We would have at least 10 more points if Pope had of been in goal throughout the season.

13 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

How is he a suitable reserve keeper but not suitable to play most of our games? You surely need someone who can step in and it not make a big difference. Such as Kelleher at Liverpool. 

Dubravka is slow off his line (if he bothers to come off the fucker at all), he doesn’t command his area at all, he’s shocking at one on ones, his wrists are made out of blu tac and he only makes basic saves. Hes a ticking time bomb. The defence has been shambolic since Pope got injured

I thought maybe as the defence got used to him playing we’d get better and he would start to show his 2018 form, but he looks just as useless. Doesn’t fill me with confidence at all for the future if we don’t get rid and sign a capable second choice, or even first choice. 

It's unreasonable to expect that we can retain the services of someone at the level close to our starting keeper, who could in worst (best?) case have to be on the bench for a whole season. Kelleher is a youth academy player from Liverpool. I think they'll struggle to keep him unless they give him more matches going forward with Allison having many years left to play.

If we can get someone else in that is notably better than Dubs, that suits our style of play better without impacting the quality of players we need elsewhere then I don't mind obviously. Under our current circumstances, assuming Pope can play something in the region of 85% of our games next season I don't see how it can be a priority at all.

I don’t think a new keeper is a priority. But I would certainly look to replace Dubravka if we can. 

No point having a back up keeper that is the polar opposite in style to Pope. Especially seeing as he is now totally shot at this level. 

Wouldn’t cost much to get a similar’ish level keeper or better, even, I wouldn’t have thought? But perhaps one that actually has some attributes that suit our system. 

Someone in here said Muric and I think that’s a great shout the more I see him. No idea what he’d cost, mind. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I don’t think a new keeper is a priority. But I would certainly look to replace Dubravka if we can. 

No point having a back up keeper that is the polar opposite in style to Pope. Especially seeing as he is now totally shot at this level. 

Wouldn’t cost much to get a similar’ish level keeper or better, even, I wouldn’t have thought? But perhaps one that actually has some attributes that suit our system. 

Someone in here said Muric and I think that’s a great shout the more I see him. No idea what he’d cost, mind. 

I think after Murics mistakes in the past few weeks this will hopefully reduce his asking price.

He seems to make sense in terms of similar style as Pope, young and is likely to be happy to be back up but could challenge for starting position 

Saw the stick he was getting for the first goal and thought he’d fucked up badly for it.

Just watched MOTD and Christ, it was a point blank header that went through his legs before he had a chance to move ffs. 

27 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Saw the stick he was getting for the first goal and thought he’d fucked up badly for it.

Just watched MOTD and Christ, it was a point blank header that went through his legs before he had a chance to move ffs. 

Beaten by a header in his own six yard box - he is actually allowed to move towards the ball

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Beaten by a header in his own six yard box - he is actually allowed to move towards the ball

great ball in, mind.

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

Problem is every other keeper in the league is off his line to claim that or get a fist on it. See the deficit?

Watching Raya yesterday. I know he made a massive blunder for the first Spurs goal. But he relieved so much pressure coming to claim crosses. Must have come and caught 6-7 when Spurs were starting to assert some real pressure. 

Compare and contrast to Vicario at the other end who is rooted to his line, in a similar style to Dubravka. Two goals conceded where Vicario is partly to blame. It feels like it is the same a lot of the time when watching NUFC. 

It’s more noticeable now. Because we had one of the most proactive keepers in the league beforehand. When it comes to claiming high balls and coming off his line/out his box. He’s been replaced by one of the worst. 

The more I think about it. The more I think a backup or competition for Pope is required. Despite the glaring weaknesses elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Nah, there's a difference between a cross coming in from the wing and a whipped cross coming in from centrally, he would have no chance to get near that ball. 

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Problem is every other keeper in the league is off his line to claim that or get a fist on it. See the deficit?

Strongly disagree for the reason in my comment above. Keepers don't come for those sort of crosses for good reason.

4 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Nah, there's a difference between a cross coming in from the wing and a whipped cross coming in from centrally, he would have no chance to get near that ball. 

Fair enough, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one

On 29/04/2024 at 02:56, jonny1403 said:

Having run through the replay of the goal a few times, given the angle, trajectory and speed of the cross it would have been a really difficult one for the keeper to come out and claim.

15 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

Having run through the replay of the goal a few times, given the angle, trajectory and speed of the cross it would have been a really difficult one for the keeper to come out and claim.

Exactly. It would be such a low percentage move as well and if he doesn't get there in time he'd get dogs abuse anyway for giving their attacker a free header.