Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

The £3 million or so spent on him is worth it in that he directly contributed to two winning goals, and no doubt his mere presence in the club lifted the gloom of the transfer window and also gave Gayle a kick up the arse . Certainly not a shite signing when you view it through the prism of the greater context.

We move on in the summer.

Probably a fair point but if that's the case it's the only thing that really sets him apart from the other strikers we've loaned-in like Doumbia, De Jong, Kuqi, Ferreyra. I'm not saying he's bad a footballer as them, of course he isn't, and he did well in the Arsenal game; the point is it's been another failure in terms of striker recruitment. Add that to Joselu, Mitrovic, Riviere...

Meh, no harm done and no hard feelings like; hopefully we'll be allowed to spend real money on one in the summer. We did that with Gayle and he was massively successful based on his input last season.

Just show the panel the Lukaku kick out earlier in the season as a precedent and we've got nothing to worry about  :lol:

The inconsistency is stupid but it's not two wrongs making a right. Big Al called it and he was right.

It was just a cheeky kick at Dawson in response to Dawson standing on him. No violence or intention to hurt anyone

:lol: It's a 3 game ban like. I'd have been shocked if they hadn't charged him.

He can't complain about the charge and the ban like, it's a ridiculous thing to do but there was a bit of provocation. He should have a major issue with other incidents being ignored and/or played down and dismissed. The inconsistency of the whole process is the main pissboiler.

He can't complain about the charge and the ban like, it's a ridiculous thing to do but there was a bit of provocation. He should have a major issue with other incidents being ignored and/or played down and dismissed. The inconsistency of the whole process is the main pissboiler.

If petulant, generally harmless stuff like this was consistently punished regardless of who the player is and who they play for, there are a few players who would have had quite a few regular bans.

I'm thinking Rooney, Bergkamp, Cantona, Aguero, Keane etc etc.

If petulant, generally harmless stuff like this was consistently punished regardless of who the player is and who they play for, there are a few players who would have had quite a few regular bans.

I'm thinking Rooney, Bergkamp, Cantona, Aguero, Keane etc etc.

There's a common thread in all those names......

I think Rafa wants the lanky chap from Portugal this summer. Which of course we won’t be able to afford.

Slimani looked ok in the very brief time he was on the pitch. Not great against Everton but didn’t get any service whatsoever.

I still for the life of me can’t think of anything he’s done that Mitro wouldn’t have been able to do. (Including kicking someone)

I think that's a lazy comparison, but one which gets churned out regularly on here. He has different qualities to Mitro and vice versa. I like what I've seen of Slimani for what he brings as a lone striker, only question is whether he can finish. Would have liked to see him start a few games for us so I could judge for myself.

It was just a cheeky kick at Dawson in response to Dawson standing on him. No violence or intention to hurt anyone

:lol: It's a 3 game ban like. I'd have been shocked if they hadn't charged him.

You're just begging for him to get banned, man. "fewming"

You can't get banned for standing on a guy's foot off the ball like [emoji38]

Yeah but he makes a good point, if he was going to get banned for 3 games, might as well have given him a knee-buckling welly.

I can argue that a kick to someone's shin pad and him falling over like a child is is hardly violence.

Taking a swipe at someone's head or going stud first into someone's knee or a deliberate elbow seems far more violent to me. But ho hum.

It’s fucking laughable. They punish shit like that then someone get’s a penalty against them because the forward ‘left his leg out’ or ‘invited it’. 

They should take a lead from Aussie rules and let them sort it out on the field within reason

Guest chicken little

I can argue that a kick to someone's shin pad and him falling over like a child is is hardly violence.

Taking a swipe at someone's head or going stud first into someone's knee or a deliberate elbow seems far more violent to me. But ho hum.

all relative, innit. it was certainly less violent than if he'd shot dawson in the face, but more violent than if he hadn't bothered petulantly kicking him off the ball like an absolute fanny.

of course it is, but the sheer fact of what is constituted as dangerous and violent is fucking terrible and up to some odd interpretation. Player of the year, Salah swiped at his opponent over the weekend and saw nothing.