Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

So where is the 20m record breaking transfer? We have basically loaned 1 out, and 1 in injured. He will likely miss minimum 3 games already.

We've loaned out a player Benitez won't even have in the squad for a player he wants, that's win win for me like.  Also minimum 3 games?, based on what?  We only have 3 games in the next 30 days.  He's rumoured to be out for either 5-6 days or 2 weeks.

3 games include tonight. Then will need to get fit for next game so likely wont be named as a starter and slim chance makes the bench? And Leicester when we play them will have loan agreement he can't face former club.

Anyone we sign today would miss tonight.  In fact anyone we'd have signed yesterday or the day before would miss tonight since Benitez doesn't rush players into the team before preparing them in training.

Yeah but im looking at him being lucky to be ready for the Man Utd game. And obviously missing Leicester.

Its not about being a pessimist or a moaner. Simply is it enough?

In my eyes we need a few more yet,Or I dont think it will be enough. Swansea out of the bottom 3, WBA strengthened. We cant win home games. Id be a bit worried if we are pinning our hope on Slimani.

👍🏻

So where is the 20m record breaking transfer? We have basically loaned 1 out, and 1 in injured. He will likely miss minimum 3 games already.

We've loaned out a player Benitez won't even have in the squad for a player he wants, that's win win for me like.  Also minimum 3 games?, based on what?  We only have 3 games in the next 30 days.  He's rumoured to be out for either 5-6 days or 2 weeks.

3 games include tonight. Then will need to get fit for next game so likely wont be named as a starter and slim chance makes the bench? And Leicester when we play them will have loan agreement he can't face former club.

Anyone we sign today would miss tonight.  In fact anyone we'd have signed yesterday or the day before would miss tonight since Benitez doesn't rush players into the team before preparing them in training.

Yeah but im looking at him being lucky to be ready for the Man Utd game. And obviously missing Leicester.

In my eyes we need a few more yet,Or I dont think it will be enough. Swansea out of the bottom 3, WBA strengthened. We cant win home games. Id be a bit worried if we are pinning our hope on Slimani.

👍🏻

And Kenedy. Don't forget Kenedy.

I actually feel really good about this. Petrified who the next choice might be if it falls through though.

Guest firetotheworks

Didn't the Mirror report Slimani was the guy who'd break our transfer record? [emoji38]

Tbf, he would if we were signing him.

👍🏻

It might not be enough, I'm just disagreeing with the notion that this won't improve us because we've just loaned one out and one in.  That's a overly simplistic way of looking at it and the reality is quite different.  Also WBA have signed one extremely injury prone striker on loan.

Slimani had been approached earlier on but was holding on as he’d been told Chelsea might come for him. I think this will get done.

Like waiting for the captain of the football team to ask you to prom, and settling for the kid who smells like a hamster cage.

Slimani had been approached earlier on but was holding on as he’d been told Chelsea might come for him. I think this will get done.

Like waiting for the captain of the football team to ask you to prom, and settling for the kid who smells like a hamster cage.

Aye, still on the plus side at least he gets to play at St Jame's instead of that rat hole Chelsea play in.

Aye, still on the plus side at least he gets to play at St Jame's instead of that rat hole Chelsea play in.

Ban?

Are you talking about Conte's weave?

👍🏻

It might not be enough, I'm just disagreeing with the notion that this won't improve us because we've just loaned one out and one in.  That's a overly simplistic way of looking at it and the reality is quite different.  Also WBA have signed one extremely injury prone striker on loan.

:thup:  It's giving us a fighting chance that's all. Before today we were nailed on to go down. Obviously it might be too little too late, but at least it's something. If I was told we were getting Slimani or Sturridge this window I'd have been more than pleased. Just a shame it couldn't have happened at the start of the month rather than the end.

Seems like before now Leicester would only sell and we're to cheap to pay the £20m+ they wanted.  Now they're prepared to loan since nobody else has come in with the money.

Loan's not a bad option with the size of loan fees these days. A loan now, with a sale at the end of the season would probably see them get a good chunk of their money back.