Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

So did I. Forgot about that. Slightly surreal. Also saw Belinda Carlisle by the Monument, around the same time.... 80's singers....It's been too long since a new signing, me thinks...

Jammy bugger, she was lush back then. Had a thing for Tiffany but Belinda was something else  :thup:

Debbie Gibson topped both of them though

Is there a video  :pedro:

Shocking we waited so long but excited by this signing.

Possible Leicester would rather have sold him but just happy to get him off the books with it being deadline day. From the p,ayers point of view a loan works as he wouldn't be stuck here should we go down.

How long has he been injured btw ? Just wondering if he'd have been playable had we signed him on New years day ?

Injured in training this week apparently

Really happy for Rafa. Think this was the striker he wanted from the start, and he really wanted Kenedy also, so great for him.

Love the confidence Slimani takes his chances with, and is fantastic with headers. Great compilation of all of his Leicester goals on YouTube.

Just thinking of the stream of headers Gayle has missed recently man ... hope this guy can get on the pitch for us quickly.

Proper goal scorer.

In his press confrence and all for the past week or so Rafa has constantly kept repeating "we still have time"

Kinda feel like he knew more than he was letting on and this was always gonna happen

It's all worked out for him in the end, which is great, but ultimately he likes doing his work early and I don't think he was looking to wait until this late.

Due to the amount of interest in Slimani, and Leicester apparently wanting a permanent deal for him earlier in the window, we were not going to get him in any earlier.

We are very very very fortunate really.

Last night I was as worried and depressed as I've been since Rafa came in. This seems like an obvious and substantial upgrade to the weakest area of the squad, and Rafa wanted him. Saivet and Mitro gone and this guy, the goalie and Kenedy and all of a sudden it's an acceptable transfer window.

In his press confrence and all for the past week or so Rafa has constantly kept repeating "we still have time"

Kinda feel like he knew more than he was letting on and this was always gonna happen

It's all worked out for him in the end, which is great, but ultimately he likes doing his work early and I don't think he was looking to wait until this late.

Due to the amount of interest in Slimani, and Leicester apparently wanting a permanent deal for him earlier in the window, we were not going to get him in any earlier.

We are very very very fortunate really.

You can see how Slimani would fit into Rafa's system of 1 up top more than Sturridge or Iheanacho would like, so I can believe that he was his number one target.