Newcastle United 1 - 1 Burnley - 31/01/18 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Dave

Slimani and the new keeper should be confident there's absolutely f*** all going to stand in their way.

Credit where it's due Diame played his best game for us.

Worryingly yet again we ran totally out of steam for the last 20 minutes. Fitness not what it should be.

We just got bullied out the game with their subs.  Burnley are one talentless team - awful to watch.

Thought Aaron Lennon was canny for them when he came on

Yup, if they had a quicker striker we would have been in trouble a few times with Lennon's passes.

Slimani and the new keeper should be confident there's absolutely fuck all going to stand in their way.

Worryingly yet again we ran totally out of steam for the last 20 minutes. Fitness not what it should be.

Bahahaha. Can't even be snide with any nous.

Slimani and the new keeper should be confident there's absolutely fuck all going to stand in their way.

Your missus signed in on your account tonight?

Why oh why did Joselu take the penalty? No one in the ground, including Joselu, thought he was going to score.

Diame played like a man possessed tonight and Kenedy looks like a great addition.

The positives certainly don't outweigh the negatives tonight though with another 2 points chucked away.

Of course the positives out weight the negatives.  The negative is we lost 2 points.  The positive is Kenedy showed he can make a big difference and we just need a finished to change draws to wins, and we've just signed one.

We have to take our chances, hopefully Slimani can. Thats at least 5 home games now we haven't won for want of a bog standard premier league striker.

Shit man, a pemier league quality striker and no 10 we'd be thinking more Europa league than looking the other way.

Kenedy best player on the pitch by a country mile, Diame best game for us even if he seemed to need a breather every 10 mins, Murphy should've been on at half time.

Might be bit dramatic, but I broke down and cried twice at the match tonight. After seeing the banner before the game and after we scored. Being there and the seat to my right being empty (my dad's seat) just isn't the same.

Really sorry to hear that. :(

Kenedy best player on the pitch by a country mile, Diame best game for us even if he seemed to need a breather every 10 mins, Murphy should've been on at half time.

Rafa's always slow with recognising this. For me after his City performance,should have started.

Bloody BBC didn't show it, but it certainly didn't look a corner on my river. Darlow didn't touch it.

If we are going to be relegated again, I hope its for our own shitness, not for a combination of being one of many shit teams and losing decisions at the margins. Viduka non-goal, Norwich hand ball, etc. etc.

Burnley are a very irritating team, well drilled in everything. The little pushes in the small of the opponents back when the ball is on the deck and the arm on the back for high balls was almost perfect last night. This coupled with the most generous PL referee I’ve seen in ages meant that they got away with an awful lot. There was always a small tug of a shirt when a player was on a run, but only for a second so that the referee didn’t feel the need the give a free kick. It was a master class.

On top of this Burnley got away with quite a bit of back chatting to the referee (Barnes really could have been sent off) and Bardsley was a disgrace towards the fans after they scored (he hadn’t been receiving stick either).

No sour grapes but it was football played by numbers and boundaries.

Guest neesy111

Bloody BBC didn't show it, but it certainly didn't look a corner on my river. Darlow didn't touch it.

If we are going to be relegated again, I hope its for our own shitness, not for a combination of being one of many shit teams and losing decisions at the margins. Viduka non-goal, Norwich hand ball, etc. etc.

It was, replay showed it.

Salah's pen last night basically exactly the same as Joselu's, only the goalkeeper dived the other way.

It's essentially a 50/50 pen. Hoping keeper dives other way. Hate them, a Premier League striker should be aiming to give the keeper no chance.

Salah's pen last night basically exactly the same as Joselu's, only the goalkeeper dived the other way.

It's essentially a 50/50 pen. Hoping keeper dives other way. Hate them, a Premier League striker should be aiming to give the keeper no chance.

I think I see the problem.

Burnley are a very irritating team, well drilled in everything. The little pushes in the small of the opponents back when the ball is on the deck and the arm on the back for high balls was almost perfect last night. This coupled with the most generous PL referee I’ve seen in ages meant that they got away with an awful lot. There was always a small tug of a shirt when a player was on a run, but only for a second so that the referee didn’t feel the need the give a free kick. It was a master class.

On top of this Burnley got away with quite a bit of back chatting to the referee (Barnes really could have been sent off) and Bardsley was a disgrace towards the fans after they scored (he hadn’t been receiving stick either).

No sour grapes but it was football played by numbers and boundaries.

Bolton-esque. Timewasting from the off. Barnes the fauxest hardman going. Happen to dish it out but down like a sack of shit as soon he feels the air move next to him.

So fucking frustrating.

Didn't realise last night was the referees second ever PL game and first for 2 and a half years. Was it a corner for their goal?

Neesy said a replay showed it was a corner like. Agree with everyone saying that Burnley were minging like, so many snidey little nudges and tugs, Lascelles was doing  his nut to the ref.

Atsu was absolutely rank last night, don't remember him having a game as bad as that. Don't think he beat a man all game.

Guest firetotheworks

I think they mentioned on Football Ramble that Barnes has won the most free kicks in the league or something. I find that ridiculous though, refs clearly aren't doing their jobs properly if they're falling for such obvious cheating, because that's what it is. Pundits will call it experienced, or clever, or whatever, but it's no less experienced or clever than diving tbh. Refs shouldn't be falling for it, it's so obvious when he does it.