Newcastle United 1 - 1 Burnley - 31/01/18 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

We didn't batter them, we were the better team but I don't remember their GK making a save of any note.

Dominated possession, hit the post and their 'keeper saved a pen like. :lol:

I agree though, it wasn't shot after shot or corner after corner.

We didn't batter them, we were the better team but I don't remember their GK making a save of any note.

Shouldn't need to batter teams just to win by a goal. We had enough big chances to win and should have. We've had a few games like this now (Everton, Bournemouth, Swansea, today). If we had any half-decent striker we'd be comfortable and our survival now hinges on one coming in who can hit the ground running. The only positive is that it won't be hard to do better than Joselu or Gayle.

Gutted but plenty of positives.

Diame was outstanding, Kenedy had a really good debut and looks like a real player, Merino looked much better than late and generally it was our best home performance for a while.

Still have concerns over Yedlin, Atsu and Darlow mind.

Gutted but plenty of positives.

Diame was outstanding, Kenedy had a really good debut and looks like a real player, Merino looked much better than late and generally it was our best home performance for a while.

Still have concerns over Yedlin, Atsu and Darlow mind.

NUFC's motto under the Ashley regime since 2008.

Slimani and the new keeper should be confident there's absolutely fuck all going to stand in their way.

Credit where it's due Diame played his best game for us.

Worryingly yet again we ran totally out of steam for the last 20 minutes. Fitness not what it should be.

Slimani and the new keeper should be confident there's absolutely f*** all going to stand in their way.

Worryingly yet again we ran totally out of steam for the last 20 minutes. Fitness not what it should be.

Totally agree with this

Slimani and the new keeper should be confident there's absolutely f*** all going to stand in their way.

We just got bullied out the game with their subs.  Burnley are one talentless team - awful to watch.

Just in, just about thawed out as well. It feels like a loss given the amount of chances we had to kill the game. We’ve absolutely no luck at all at the minute. Not winning those sorts of games does carry an ominous feeling with them, especially considering how tight the bottom half is.

Not sure where that performance came from Diame but he absolutely dominated.

Kenedy also looked like a standard above anything we’ve had this season. Hopefully Slimani can score enough to keep us up.

Might be bit dramatic, but I broke down and cried twice at the match tonight. After seeing the banner before the game and after we scored. Being there and the seat to my right being empty (my dad's seat) just isn't the same.

Ah man that must have been tough. :(

Might be bit dramatic, but I broke down and cried twice at the match tonight. After seeing the banner before the game and after we scored. Being there and the seat to my right being empty (my dad's seat) just isn't the same.

Nothing in the least bit dramatic about that. Here's hoping he will be filling that seat very soon, man :(

Hope the op is/has been a success mate. Not to be taken weirdly given I'm a stranger but you have been in my thoughts today after reading your comments yesterday.

Hope the op is/has been a success mate. Not to be taken weirdly given I'm a stranger but you have been in my thoughts today after reading your comments yesterday.

Seconded  O0

:(

Why oh why did Joselu take the penalty? No one in the ground, including Joselu, thought he was going to score.

Diame played like a man possessed tonight and Kenedy looks like a great addition.

The positives certainly don't outweigh the negatives tonight though with another 2 points chucked away.

We just got bullied out the game with their subs.  Burnley are one talentless team - awful to watch.

Thought Aaron Lennon was canny for them when he came on