Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Shearer spot on again.

It is a penalty though, just the law isn’t enforced consistently.

... that's the point.

Shearer spot on again.

It is a penalty though, just the law isn’t enforced consistently.

It is a pen. But I don't think the ref or Benteke shouted for it? The linesman has got little ref syndrome.

Sky commentary thought it was a handball from the cross at first.

Thought Dummett played well today, Townsend barely had a sniff. Dummett usually has good gameswhen he doesn't have to do much going forward

He's got 4 assists in 6 games, so to stop that whilst giving him a good clattering is a job well done.

Who was that linesman? What was his agenda against us there... clearly something fishy with his overreaction to a 50/50 bit of shirt pulling.

Whether it's a penalty or not, he nearly creamed his pants when he gave it. Looked very unprofessional IMO

Bet he was one of our lot.

WBCP was there and says the invader was giving w***** signs to the away end. So thankfully one of theirs.

Fair enough.

I can confirm he was one of theirs. Mind one of the stewards took the guy out with a amazing nfl style hit! Got one of the biggest cheers of the day.

File under 'highly annoying result that could have been much better'.

There have been a staggering number of these this season.

Fine margins that amazingly a better striker and say a proper 10 might have helped solve. Then again fat Mike knows better don't he.

They looked dangerous on their left. In the first half Van Aanholt got past Ritchie far too easy. In the second him and Zaha doubled up on Yedrlin.

For me I'd have hooked Ritchie (did he pass the ball forwards once in the second half) and put Murphy on. At least he has the legs to keep pace or run Van Aanholt the other way

Diame, Shelvey, Lascelles and Kenedy the positives. Gayle and Ritchie the negatives i hope neither start another game this season